Rope Beater (boston brawler side quest)

#1fatdonnaePosted 11/2/2012 8:25:31 PM
How the EFF do you beat him? I shot him 3 times and was able to get ONE punch off to get his health to a sliver but I cannot hit him again. Every single time I parry -> disarm, he punches me in the face. Parry -> counter, punches me in the face. Break defense, punches me in the face. Attempt to punch him, he slaps my fists away. This guy is a joke.
#2White_D3vi1Posted 11/2/2012 8:27:17 PM
fatdonnae posted...
How the EFF do you beat him? I shot him 3 times and was able to get ONE punch off to get his health to a sliver but I cannot hit him again. Every single time I parry -> disarm, he punches me in the face. Parry -> counter, punches me in the face. Break defense, punches me in the face. Attempt to punch him, he slaps my fists away. This guy is a joke.

Parry- do nothing. Just parry away for a while. Each one takes a bit of health.
#3fatdonnae(Topic Creator)Posted 11/2/2012 8:29:20 PM
just realized you can run and jump into him to shove him around and knock his defense down too.
#4steelerblitz92Posted 11/2/2012 8:39:51 PM
when does this quest become available? I've never heard of it.
#5CEREBRAL ASSASSINPosted 11/2/2012 9:33:17 PM(edited)
He's a weird one as you have to use the environment to defeat him.

Attack him near a table and things like that and short animation will play out with you using said item to attack him.

What I did to defeat him was shot him until his life was low (as long as you don't kill him with a weapon you can use what you want to wear him down) and then counter him at a table and finished him off that way.

Also I think you can kill the other people in the fight with weapons, just not him. and climb up on to something that's above his attack range/height and shot him that way, he wont/can't attack you.
---
Jumping the Shark (Happy Days), Nuking the Fridge (Indiana Jones 4), Punching the Boulder (Resident Evil 5).
#6keltic230Posted 11/4/2012 5:19:47 PM
It's kind of lame, but beat up the other three guys first so it's 1v1. Then head over to that little table that's nearby. Put your back against it, and wait for him to swing at you. Parry, and you'll throw him into the table. Do it over and over until you win.
#7GTRagnarokPosted 11/4/2012 5:20:53 PM
I just run into him to knock him off balance and start hitting him.
---
Alienware M17x R4 | i7-3720QM | 2GB 7970M | 16GB DDR3-1600 | 128GB Samsung PM830 mSATA SSD
#8Trigz0rePosted 11/6/2012 5:54:41 PM
I found the way! There are some barrels scattered around the area. If you stand next to one and parry his attack, you should throw his stupid face right into it. He'll break the barrel and take some damage, giving you an opportunity to smack 'im a few times. Lather, Rinse, Repeat.
#9fatman182Posted 11/11/2012 6:24:50 PM
Thanks for the help. You don't even need to attack by the table, just keep parrying near the table and eventually you'll get those magical cutscenes.

Threw that jerk in the ocean when I was done fighting him lol
---
I'm fatman182 and I approve this message.