Please help me with this Special Iron Ingot crafting question :}

#1BabiiGirlPosted 11/3/2012 2:06:56 PM
I'm trying to craft a flintlock pistol and Special Iron Ingot is one of the things needed. It shows that Connor has 7 of them, but when I go to actually craft the ingredients, I can't find the ingot in the crafting inventory. I've not found the recipe, just using the recipe I found online. :/ My woodworker and blacksmith are both lvl 2, btw.
#2BabiiGirl(Topic Creator)Posted 11/3/2012 2:19:42 PM
Please? Anyone know?
#3BabiiGirl(Topic Creator)Posted 11/3/2012 2:37:45 PM
Is there any expert here to help me?
#4WillieMac516Posted 11/3/2012 2:43:51 PM
I had the same issue. Once I found the recipe I was allowed to craft using the special iron ingot. I haven't found anything else that indicates it's possible to craft an item requiring the special iron ingot without that item's recipe.

Hope this helps.
---
"Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try."
-Homer Simpson
#5JainayPosted 11/3/2012 3:54:37 PM
At some point on the Homestead map, there was a chest icon. After I had opened that chest, I now had enough Special Iron Ingots to craft the remaining weapons. I think it appears after you loot every other chest in the game.
#6DarkstalkerKaatPosted 11/4/2012 3:02:14 AM
BabiiGirl posted...
It shows that Connor has 7 of them, but when I go to actually craft the ingredients, I can't find the ingot in the crafting inventory.

FYI you can select a recipe that also uses special iron ingot so that it is displayed in the slot under "resources", then add in any other ingredients (if required), then switch the artisan to that which you need and voila! Also, if the artisan doesn't appear at first, have any other artisan selected in the first slot, then browse artisans in the second slot and the one that was missing should appear (then remove the first artisan that you do not need) :)

I was able to craft the broken sword knife using this method, without the recipe. I had the war tomahawk recipe and used it to force the special ingot into the materials slot.
#7DarkCaptain3Posted 11/5/2012 2:43:25 PM
I have the recipe found it in a chest I and look through items I can craft and there it tells me I require a special iron ingot. What your saying make no sense if a thing appears in the craft menu that means you have found the recipe. That in no way solves this special iron ingot problem though.
---
"So... are you satisfied now?",
Zelkova______________Gamestop Manager
#8Lazerous1Posted 11/5/2012 2:59:32 PM
Yeah half the craftable guns use the same ingredients. You need the recipe
#9DarkstalkerKaatPosted 11/5/2012 5:47:41 PM
DarkCaptain3 posted...
I have the recipe found it in a chest I and look through items I can craft and there it tells me I require a special iron ingot. What your saying make no sense if a thing appears in the craft menu that means you have found the recipe. That in no way solves this special iron ingot problem though.

As far as I know, by using the method I described on my original reply you can craft any of the items that require the special iron ingots as long as you have at least one of the recipes.

Although it would not help Babbbigirl craft the pistol he wants immediately, he could still craft it as soon as he got any recipe, and not have to wait util that particular recipe was found.
#10BeautyAndABeatPosted 11/5/2012 5:52:33 PM
Heyyyy Babii Girrrrll ;)