the ending was not bad. why? *spoilers....duh*

#11DrunkBeardGuyPosted 11/4/2012 5:14:29 PM
There's a bunch of cool new ideas the ending presents. Maybe we can take control of an ancestor of Desmond somewhere in the future, going back in the animus to the first civ and all that. Learn how to defeat Juno, hell, maybe recruit some Templars and turn them to the Assassin's for support.

Probably wrong about some things, but they can do a whole lot now.
---
Beardy
Outlaws to the end
#12GTRagnarokPosted 11/4/2012 5:16:13 PM
I'm just curious where they're going to go from here. Juno will be wrecking stuff up in the present time so are they still going to use the Animus?
---
Alienware M17x R4 | i7-3720QM | 2GB 7970M | 16GB DDR3-1600 | 128GB Samsung PM830 mSATA SSD
#13zerobobo(Topic Creator)Posted 11/4/2012 5:18:27 PM
assassin2568 posted...
juno told connor that he made an influence on the world, and that hed do so again. this means either desmond isnt dead, will gets in the animus, or desmond has at least one sibling.

desmonds dad is still alive, he could jump into the animus and access every single person desmond did. hell desmond even points that out at one point in the game.
#14DrunkBeardGuyPosted 11/4/2012 5:21:50 PM
GTRagnarok posted...
I'm just curious where they're going to go from here. Juno will be wrecking stuff up in the present time so are they still going to use the Animus?

They have to, I think the devs have said there will never be a pure modern day AC game. Which sucks because this ending opens up cool opportunities to do something new.
---
Beardy
Outlaws to the end
#15StaticPenguinPosted 11/4/2012 11:52:56 PM
zerobobo posted...
tmac2517 posted...
No problem with the ideas behind the ending, problems with the way it was presented. No reactions or emotions from Desmond's team, no real conclusion.

no real conclusion.....

you realize you're playing an assassins creed game right?
NONE of them have had solid conclusions. its all sequel bait every single time.

at the end of AC1 your reaction is like "huh? WTF?"
at the end of AC2 your reaction is like "huh? WTF? whats going on?!?!"
at the end of BH your reaction is like "wait what?"
ect. ect. ect.

The problem is, AC3 was supposed to be the end of Desmond's story and it's poorly done. He offed himself to save the world, that's great but the whole thing was underplayed. There wasn't really any closure outside of him just.... Dying. When you get to the end of someone's story you want more than an abrupt death and a new reveal for AC4.
---
I named him Waggleton P. Tallylicker. I never got the chance to tell him. He will be remembered. ~ Grayson Hunt
#16SerPounceALotPosted 11/5/2012 12:16:05 AM
"but thats terrible! right?!" uh. what series have you been playing? the entire assassins creed series has been a series based on big twists and reveals at the end of each game. how is this any different?

A big twist does not mean it's good.

desmond dying. thats a GOOD thing. why? well one dude can only have so many super influential and awesome assassin ancestors before it gets a bit goofy. desmond isn't really all that important really. not anymore. with the animus you can go back to any of the assassins or even templars.

Desmond dying just because he served no purpose anymore is silly. What about dying for a real reason? Everyone knew this was Desmond's last game and they ended him poorly and rushed.

the world is saved by the global northern lights effect (wtf?) and thats the ending. seems fine to me. theres TONS of room for the series to continue.

The series can continue if they want, but I wanted some actual closure. In the end, Assassins vs Templars meant NOTHING. All was about Juno and her evil stuff.
---
Swooping is bad.
#17SirKnowItAllPosted 11/5/2012 12:23:47 AM
zerobobo posted...

how you ask? well ANYONE else with important ancestors could jump into the animus.
why would they? well to fight juno of course. they jump into the animus to help track down pieces of eden to fight against juno. plus the first civilization had all those scrapped super weapons and tech they tried to save the world. im sure some of those could come in handy against juno. more excuses to jump into the animus.

so whats the big problem? seriously i had more problems with AC2's ending than this one. this one actually made sense. AC2's was just BIG REVEAL CUT TO CREDITS BEFORE THEY ASK QUESTIONS WEEE SEQUEL BAIT!

There's a point in between missions where when you leave the animus Shaun is speaking with Desmond and they mention wanting to go back to the beginning and learning about the first civilization. I think this could be a good tie in with your theory about needing the Pieces of Eden to stop Juno.
#18McFazzerPosted 11/5/2012 12:23:49 AM
StaticPenguin posted...
zerobobo posted...
tmac2517 posted...
No problem with the ideas behind the ending, problems with the way it was presented. No reactions or emotions from Desmond's team, no real conclusion.

no real conclusion.....

you realize you're playing an assassins creed game right?
NONE of them have had solid conclusions. its all sequel bait every single time.

at the end of AC1 your reaction is like "huh? WTF?"
at the end of AC2 your reaction is like "huh? WTF? whats going on?!?!"
at the end of BH your reaction is like "wait what?"
ect. ect. ect.

The problem is, AC3 was supposed to be the end of Desmond's story and it's poorly done. He offed himself to save the world, that's great but the whole thing was underplayed. There wasn't really any closure outside of him just.... Dying. When you get to the end of someone's story you want more than an abrupt death and a new reveal for AC4.

Desmond'd story is over but not the Assassins. Death ends a character's story pretty good and proper.

Also this is an intergalactic longshot:
I always thought the best twist would be that you are some random guy, using an animus to relieve Desmond's experiences
---
Doors are for people with no imagination.
#19SerPounceALotPosted 11/5/2012 12:27:41 AM
AC2's was just BIG REVEAL CUT TO CREDITS BEFORE THEY ASK QUESTIONS WEEE SEQUEL BAIT!

And this one isn't? "I SHALL PLAY MY PART NOW MWAHAHAHAHA" *Credits*
---
Swooping is bad.
#20StaticPenguinPosted 11/5/2012 12:29:26 AM
McFazzer posted...
Desmond'd story is over but not the Assassins. Death ends a character's story pretty good and proper.

I disagree completely especially when said character is underdeveloped and the end is abrupt.
---
I named him Waggleton P. Tallylicker. I never got the chance to tell him. He will be remembered. ~ Grayson Hunt