the ending was not bad. why? *spoilers....duh*

#21ZexxCrinePosted 11/5/2012 12:36:09 AM
assassin2568 posted...
juno told connor that he made an influence on the world, and that hed do so again. this means either desmond isnt dead, will gets in the animus, or desmond has at least one sibling.

Or what I think will be more likely, his Dad. This was my first thought. His dad shares 50% of the ancestors so what if ubi just said that all of the previous ones are from his moms side. Opens a new door for different locations that way. IMHO I think she meant "you will do so again once Desmond gets the amulet."
#22esprailePosted 11/5/2012 12:57:15 AM

Also this is an intergalactic longshot:
I always thought the best twist would be that you are some random guy, using an animus to relieve Desmond's experiences

I thought about this too - however if that was the case, then the parts where you control Desmond in fights would have the animus HUD overlayed.
---
Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.
#23EternalDahakaPosted 11/5/2012 1:20:32 AM
I enjoyed the ending, but it could have been presented a bit better. I thought the almost preachy cinematic where Desmond was basically Jesus was a little over the top and cheezy. That's kind of how I felt about Revelations ending. Still, the concepts were cool and it was presented well enough for me to pass it off as good.

StaticPenguin posted...
. . . .said character is underdeveloped. . .

I thought they fleshed Desmond out well. =/
#24Lazerous1Posted 11/5/2012 1:37:27 AM
I don't get where you guys are thinking the templars are just gonna jump on Juno's side. The templars goal has always been to control the world and they have never accepted competition well. I foresee some assassin, Templar collaboration coming in the face of a greater threat.
#25LoveunitPosted 11/5/2012 1:38:54 AM
Since this is the end of Desmond's story, it kinda sucks that he died just like that. It would've been better if there was some emotion or moments leading up to his death. Like those moments between Desmond and Lucy in Brotherhood before her death. It made the ending a lot more shocking.

Personally I was looking for closure for Desmond. Not the entire series. Just that one character. But in the end it felt like they just killed him off so they can get another protagonist. Altair and Ezio got their closure and ending. Why can't Desmond?

I actually liked the twist, but hated the way it was presented. So I think it wasn't a bad ending. They just didn't execute it properly.
#26OpShaftPosted 11/5/2012 1:41:03 AM
Quote:tmac2517 posted...
No problem with the ideas behind the ending, problems with the way it was presented. No reactions or emotions from Desmond's team, no real conclusion.

no real conclusion.....

you realize you're playing an assassins creed game right?
NONE of them have had solid conclusions. its all sequel bait every single time.

at the end of AC1 your reaction is like "huh? WTF?"
at the end of AC2 your reaction is like "huh? WTF? whats going on?!?!"
at the end of BH your reaction is like "wait what?"
ect. ect. ect.

@zerobobo

It's a trilogy, that's where the conclusion comes into play
---
You ain't too little to get dat ass whooped.
#27F_WolfPosted 11/5/2012 3:20:09 AM
GangstaFoLife posted...
No problem with the ideas behind the ending, problems with the way it was presented. No reactions or emotions from Desmond's team, no real conclusion.

no real conclusion.....

ect. ect. ect.

@zerobobo

Desmond is dead, the Templars plot is foiled, and you save the world from the extinction level event. How is not a conclusion?
#28exodiarkPosted 11/5/2012 3:37:45 AM
zerobobo posted...
tmac2517 posted...

no real conclusion.....

ect. ect. ect.

Well, I'm sorry if I'm expecting a conclusion because they market this game as the last of Desmond's story. Since Desmond plays a big role in AC, one can hope that his ending would be satisfying, or at least have more solid conclusion.

But no ):
They just have to milk AC series.
#29exodiarkPosted 11/5/2012 3:39:25 AM
F_Wolf posted...
GangstaFoLife posted...

no real conclusion.....

ect. ect. ect.

@zerobobo

Desmond is dead, the Templars plot is foiled, and you save the world from the extinction level event. How is not a conclusion?

Save the world from mass extinction to presumably mass slavery?
That's just sequel-bait man.
#30F_WolfPosted 11/5/2012 3:43:18 AM
exodiark posted...
F_Wolf posted...
GangstaFoLife posted...

no real conclusion.....

ect. ect. ect.

@zerobobo

Save the world from mass extinction to presumably mass slavery?
That's just sequel-bait man.

I'm not saying the ending wasn't set up for a sequel. I'm saying that the game had a pretty clear conclusion on multiple levels from the events that happen in AC1 (templars stopped because apple is out of their control and they don't have Desmond), and AC2+ (Desmond dies and stops the event that were driving the plot.)

I mean...come on. Did you really think they were going to end the story without a sequel set up? That like...never happens ever.