the ending was not bad. why? *spoilers....duh*

#31exodiarkPosted 11/5/2012 4:54:41 AM
F_Wolf posted...
exodiark posted...
F_Wolf posted...
GangstaFoLife posted...
Quote:tmac2517 posted...
No problem with the ideas behind the ending, problems with the way it was presented. No reactions or emotions from Desmond's team, no real conclusion.

no real conclusion.....

you realize you're playing an assassins creed game right?
NONE of them have had solid conclusions. its all sequel bait every single time.

at the end of AC1 your reaction is like "huh? WTF?"
at the end of AC2 your reaction is like "huh? WTF? whats going on?!?!"
at the end of BH your reaction is like "wait what?"
ect. ect. ect.

@zerobobo

It's a trilogy, that's where the conclusion comes into play

Desmond is dead, the Templars plot is foiled, and you save the world from the extinction level event. How is not a conclusion?

Save the world from mass extinction to presumably mass slavery?
That's just sequel-bait man.

I'm not saying the ending wasn't set up for a sequel. I'm saying that the game had a pretty clear conclusion on multiple levels from the events that happen in AC1 (templars stopped because apple is out of their control and they don't have Desmond), and AC2+ (Desmond dies and stops the event that were driving the plot.)

I mean...come on. Did you really think they were going to end the story without a sequel set up? That like...never happens ever.

I like loose ends, but when they're too big, mass-slavery big, they're just... unfulfilling for me. Desmond's logic is weird too, since nobody can fully resist the apple, by giving Juno freedom, what's stopping her from using the Apple to enslave humanity like before? What kind of "hope" does he expect?

And if Juno had not finished building the sun shield by the time the Catastrophe hits, who finished it so Desmond can use it? And why must Desmond touch the Orb?
#32McFazzerPosted 11/5/2012 4:57:13 AM
Ubisoft commandments: Thou shalt always include random bull**** like online passes. Thou shalt not ever give an ending that ties up all the loose ends and thus eliminating sequel potential.

Feel free to add/amend :)
---
Doors are for people with no imagination.
#33F_WolfPosted 11/5/2012 5:00:14 AM
O no, don't get me wrong, you're right on all fronts, I'm just saying that to the people that are saying the game has no conclusion that they are being a tad silly.

I can only assume that when they trapped Juno in the machine she needs a soul or a body to escape it. Desmond touching the machine is to absorb his soul.

I'm not entirely sure what the deal was about why she was able to stop it, but it was hinted at that they abandoned the facility and Juno stayed behind, and figured out a way to stop the event, but the way that it would happen would in the process make her all powerful/unstoppable/etc, and that wouldn't be a acceptable means of saving the world because of it, so they locked her away.

Desmond was basically present with two options: Hit the reset button on humanity where everything will play its way out in the pre established cycle all over again, or break the cycle, save the world, and hope those left behind by him could figure out a way to stop Juno after he was gone.
#34exodiarkPosted 11/5/2012 5:11:23 AM
F_Wolf posted...
O no, don't get me wrong, you're right on all fronts, I'm just saying that to the people that are saying the game has no conclusion that they are being a tad silly.

I can only assume that when they trapped Juno in the machine she needs a soul or a body to escape it. Desmond touching the machine is to absorb his soul.

I'm not entirely sure what the deal was about why she was able to stop it, but it was hinted at that they abandoned the facility and Juno stayed behind, and figured out a way to stop the event, but the way that it would happen would in the process make her all powerful/unstoppable/etc, and that wouldn't be a acceptable means of saving the world because of it, so they locked her away.

Desmond was basically present with two options: Hit the reset button on humanity where everything will play its way out in the pre established cycle all over again, or break the cycle, save the world, and hope those left behind by him could figure out a way to stop Juno after he was gone.

Well, I guess you can call that a conclusion.
Some people might think that a conclusion with lots of loose ends are not a conclusion at all. Different strokes I guess :)
#35AldenSolPosted 11/5/2012 5:12:35 AM
assassin2568 posted...
juno told connor that he made an influence on the world, and that hed do so again. this means either desmond isnt dead, will gets in the animus, or desmond has at least one sibling.

False. She was simply referring that he'd make an influence once again by providing the memories Desmond needed to relive in order to find the key. The first time he made an influence was by actually retrieving and burying it, the second was revealing the key's location to Desmond in the future.
#36F_WolfPosted 11/5/2012 5:30:02 AM
exodiark posted...
F_Wolf posted...

Well, I guess you can call that a conclusion.
Some people might think that a conclusion with lots of loose ends are not a conclusion at all. Different strokes I guess :)

I'm just using the word by definition. That those plots were "concluded". I agree that the game was left rather open for both interpretation AND a sequel and can easy see why people would be unsatisfied with that.
#37DisinclinationPosted 11/5/2012 10:22:56 AM
Metocles posted...
I could totally see the Templars actually helping out Juno when they find out that she is the supreme being in order for the entire world to be under this control.

Actually, I can't. The Templars want to be the ones in control to shepherd humanity. They don't want to be controlled by anyone, crowns and space-god-beings in particular.

assassin2568 posted...
juno told connor that he made an influence on the world, and that hed do so again. this means either desmond isnt dead, will gets in the animus, or desmond has at least one sibling.

Juno told Connor that because she knew Desmond would eventually go through his ancestor's memories. His influence was to get the key and bury it where only Desmond could find it. Her last message that he'd do so again was most likely to Desmond (who she KNEW would be watching).
#38StaticPenguinPosted 11/5/2012 12:36:28 PM
EternalDahaka posted...
I thought they fleshed Desmond out well. =/

Well see, desmonds issue is that for a main character he never gets a chance to shine. He spends 90% of the series confined to a chair. By the time he becomes the bad ass assassin he was meant to be, its the end of the game and his greatest achievement brought a quick end to him.
---
I named him Waggleton P. Tallylicker. I never got the chance to tell him. He will be remembered. ~ Grayson Hunt
#39Soccerelite08Posted 11/5/2012 7:01:41 PM
Just finished the game. I think most ppl expected AC3 to fully wrap things up, instead they were left with yet another cliffhanger (though some will call it a proper ending). Personally, I don't care much for the ending either way. That said, I'm going to hold off on buying the next AC (like I did with the previous titles).
---
"Phoenix Wright once exorcised a ghost by objecting, and then objected so hard he made the prosecutor bleed out of his eyes." - Psycho Kirby
#40Bondo_6464Posted 11/5/2012 7:25:47 PM(edited)

So the Sun is a Reaper?
And Desmond is Shepherd?
---
Crom...