Why the hell do Patriots attack me? I'm on their side for crying out loud.

#1Rogue_Leader_XPosted 11/3/2012 10:20:28 PM
IT seems a LITTLE BIT ridiculous when I am fighting on their side and helping them capture forts and what not for these friggin "Patriots" to keep jumping and harassing me. It isn't just a nuisance, it makes literally no sense in the context of the game where I am the ally of the Patriots. Pretty dumb to program the game this way. They should've made Patriot areas friendly areas. The only Patriots who seem to tolerate me are the one are the forts I've captured.
#2zeroboboPosted 11/3/2012 10:22:06 PM
cus random grunts dont know who you are.
to them you're just a wackjob savage with a tomahawk and a hood sprinting down the street bumping into everyone and climbing over everything.

i mean, you're kinda a jerk. stop it.
#3AconformistPosted 11/3/2012 10:23:46 PM
Yeah this can be weird sometimes. Especially after single handedly liberating a fort for the Patriots, and right after you bump into one the wrong way a couple times (once they are in the fort after you retake it) they want to kill you.
#4NailbombPosted 11/3/2012 10:28:44 PM
zerobobo posted...
cus random grunts dont know who you are.
to them you're just a wackjob savage with a tomahawk and a hood sprinting down the street bumping into everyone and climbing over everything.

i mean, you're kinda a jerk. stop it.

LOL

Let's just go with this.
---
I find it amusing that something a drunk person babbled at me is considered "common sense" by Dismind! - Brain Hammer
#5Gnosis_Guyver1Posted 11/3/2012 10:30:43 PM
if if they did know remember assassins are on freedoms side not on the patriots side they only help they who represent freedom and justice. Patriots stray from that well they will get nasty visits from the assassins
---
Nothing is true everything is permitted.
#6HershawitzPosted 11/3/2012 10:35:59 PM
I think they made it that way to appease English people. They didn't want to base the game entirely around killing Redcoats.
#7MetoclesPosted 11/4/2012 5:22:01 AM
Yeah I sort of found that weird, but I'll agree with the other people here as where these regular soldiers don't really know you, plus you're not really one of the Patriots, you just usually help them out.

On a side note - I think at one point in the game I ran into what I assume was some insane glitch. I was by the ports of Boston, some area of the town and there were a ton of Patriots roaming the streets which I started fighting - and they would not stop coming. I literally killed about 200 of them at which point I ran a little away and continued to kill about 100 more until they just killed me from shooting me. It was a ridiculous thing overall and was absolutely insane, the street was filled with bodies.
#8FredCat07Posted 11/4/2012 5:24:11 AM
Don't forget that Connor is a Native American, not British like them.
---
I used to be hearing person like you, until I took the fever in my ears. ~FredCat
#9Muddy_WatersPosted 11/4/2012 5:35:30 AM
Metocles posted...
Yeah I sort of found that weird, but I'll agree with the other people here as where these regular soldiers don't really know you, plus you're not really one of the Patriots, you just usually help them out.

On a side note - I think at one point in the game I ran into what I assume was some insane glitch. I was by the ports of Boston, some area of the town and there were a ton of Patriots roaming the streets which I started fighting - and they would not stop coming. I literally killed about 200 of them at which point I ran a little away and continued to kill about 100 more until they just killed me from shooting me. It was a ridiculous thing overall and was absolutely insane, the street was filled with bodies.

This happened to me aswell and in the same area. I think because you are, like the op said, on "their side" the game dosnt spawn them correctly like the redcoats. I spent 45 mins notorious killing killing them, hundreds of body's in the streets. Funny thing I thought they where French troops and after I was done killing the last guy, I dawned on me that they where patriots. I felt reeeealy bad after
---
BOS
#10tabby3Posted 11/4/2012 5:59:09 AM
Loyalists.