How do you kill those that reverse everything?

#1sirspankyjncoPosted 11/4/2012 11:36:42 AM
The grey coats that reverse your eegular attacks, your opener with A, you counter them only to have them counter you back, you cant throw them or do anything....

Its like 2 of them will kill me unless i shoot or use smoke....

Also how do you get the kill 5 soldiers in 10the seconds while under effect of smoke bomb? If i gather 5 i cant assassinate just swing a lot until one dies and i start a kill streak but then I only get one or 2 more before it ends.
---
Ive had both an Xbox 360 and PS3 break, there are no superior consoles, except N64, that was pretty sweet.
#2Samaellives91Posted 11/4/2012 11:37:19 AM
Disarm then attack.
---
I am a person. But am I Human? That's still up for debate.
#3SkytheWiz1Posted 11/4/2012 11:39:41 AM(edited)
Counter + A (disarm)

And I'm kind of weary about the smoke thing. I've managed to smoke and then kill five as quickly as the animations allow - three times - and still haven't gotten it.

EDIT: But I didn't try this, apparently...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrqQiGRMkGw

---
Pretend there are awe-inspiring lyrics
or oh-so-hilarious quotations here, please.
#4bloodgod92Posted 11/4/2012 11:39:45 AM
You kill them guys either by disarming them or shooting them with your pistols, and as for the smoke bomb thing, I am struggling with this one, I guess next time I load the game up I am going to try with 5 regular guards and use my bow or something, because I can never get a one-shot assassination using my melee weapons, I just hit them several times each, they dont die like they did in brotherhood and revelations...
---
GT: Aldora92 V My most successful thread V
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/950899-final-fantasy-xiii/53936178
#5MoonTaLooPosted 11/4/2012 11:41:35 AM
Counter and hit Y with a ranged weapon equipped. I haven't found a single enemy that this doesn't work on. As far as smoking goes, I couldn't do it unless I went into a group of guards that weren't in conflict, then smoke. That allows for actual assassinations.
#6badtofuPosted 11/4/2012 11:48:19 AM
There's also the break defense option if you want a non counter option.
#7josefreesPosted 11/4/2012 11:51:05 AM
If you break defense to get them stumbling then break defense again you trip them then you can stab them when they are down
#8MoonTaLooPosted 11/4/2012 11:53:10 AM
josefrees posted...
If you break defense to get them stumbling then break defense again you trip them then you can stab them when they are down

Tc already said that gets countered.
#9sirspankyjnco(Topic Creator)Posted 11/4/2012 12:21:44 PM
Counter +) A is being countered, counter +) y requires me to reload... which takes forever, opening with a gets countered.

I got the 5kill with smoke by finding a group marching using smoke then mass assassinating since you arent detected.. got like 8it actually
---
Ive had both an Xbox 360 and PS3 break, there are no superior consoles, except N64, that was pretty sweet.
#10USNA_DieselPosted 11/4/2012 12:26:30 PM
sirspankyjnco posted...
Counter +) A is being countered, counter +) y requires me to reload... which takes forever, opening with a gets countered.

I got the 5kill with smoke by finding a group marching using smoke then mass assassinating since you arent detected.. got like 8it actually

You don't need to use a gun. You can counter plus y with almost any of the secondary items/tools. I like to use the bow and it quickly shoots then in the chest and you can do this with every guard till you're out of arrows. However, you can even use snares to kill guards during conflict, it's pretty cool
More topics from this board...
Nine men's morris problemNairel227/22 12:34PM