Why all the hate for Connor? He's the best assassin thus far.

#11agustPosted 11/4/2012 6:18:53 PM
People just love to hate
#12SwordToTheChestPosted 11/4/2012 6:19:25 PM
Gnarly_B posted...
Haytham > Ezio >>>>>>>>> Connor > Altaiir

Ezio was far more interesting imo, the only reason I like Connor is because he has all the extra gadgets. He's an annoying character imo, all the other assassins were focused solely on the order, Connor keeps whining about his village all the damn time.

Haytham is by far my favourite character to play as. More interesting and better accent.

Well, I was leaving.

But now I'm going to feed you your teeth.
#13AForgottenHeroPosted 11/4/2012 6:20:40 PM
He is an okay assassin. I emphasize okay.

The reason I didn't enjoy playing as him as much was because of his being so angry at everybody all the time. He could never even enjoy a laugh, or have some fun.

I wouldn't call my feelings towards him hate, I just would rather have played as Haytham in this Creed. That being said, AC III is an amazing game and one of my all-time fav's.
---
"I was leaving, but now I am going to feed you your teeth."
#14zeroboboPosted 11/4/2012 6:20:41 PM
Gnarly_B posted...

Ezio was far more interesting imo, the only reason I like Connor is because he has all the extra gadgets. He's an annoying character imo, all the other assassins were focused solely on the order, Connor keeps whining about his village all the damn time.

Haytham is by far my favourite character to play as. More interesting and better accent.

yeah, he should just let his village get destroyed huh?
#15aflawedpeace(Topic Creator)Posted 11/4/2012 6:22:00 PM
Gnarly_B posted...

That's because you're not understanding Connor at all. He did not become an assassin because he believed in what they stood for. He did so because he wanted to protect his village and people. Did anyone not pay attention to the story?
#16AForgottenHeroPosted 11/4/2012 6:23:28 PM
zerobobo posted...
Gnarly_B posted...

It's not necessarily that, it is just that is his sole mission. He only works with others to benefit himself, in turn, making him less likable by most.
---
"I was leaving, but now I am going to feed you your teeth."
#17zeroboboPosted 11/4/2012 6:25:47 PM
AForgottenHero posted...
zerobobo posted...
Gnarly_B posted...

It's not necessarily that, it is just that is his sole mission. He only works with others to benefit himself, in turn, making him less likable by most.

what game are you playing? rofl
how is anything benefitting himself?
also, have you done the homestead missions?
#18Gnarly_BPosted 11/4/2012 6:26:59 PM
"That's because you're not understanding Connor at all. He did not become an assassin because he believed in what they stood for. He did so because he wanted to protect his village and people. Did anyone not pay attention to the story?"

I do understand, I just don't care. "Oh no, 20 natives can no longer live in their village, lets ignore the revolution and birth of a country because the village story is far more interesting."
---
People who want another SW Battlefront: 213
"Gnarly, you are clearly more educated than me" - OblivionScamp. GT: Charlievil
#19BTzzPosted 11/4/2012 6:28:16 PM
zerobobo posted...
because he's the most believable and flawed of the assassins.

people like ezio because he's a charming ladies man who's extremely self confidant and has the skills to back it up. I.E the kind of guy everyone wants to be. its a power fantasy thing, its why that generic non-character archtype is so widely liked and used in fiction.

so when you compare a flawed yet believable character, to the ideal fantasy man then he's going to come up lacking for alot of people.

*spoilers*

I disagree with this so strongly.

Ezio was a kid, an idiot. He had no idea how to react to the tragedy that befell him and was consumed by the desire for revenge. And I thought it was brilliant that he let Rodrigo live at the end of AC2. He grew so much as a character over the course of AC2. As someone who tends to be really picky with stories, I thought Ezio's character development in AC2 was the best thing in the entire series. I hold AC2 much higher than any of the other titles because of it.

The thing about Connor is he's horribly inconsistent. What's his real motivation? He initially wants to protect his people, but that ends with Johnson's death for the most part. He generally wanted Lee to die to avoid future problems, but HE ****ING LETS LEE LIVE JUST BECAUSE SAM ADAMS SUGGESTED NOT DEALING WITH IT. Seriously. That was amazingly stupid.

On top of that, he preaches peace but murders pretty much everyone even when he doesn't have to.

And there's a fine line between stoicism and monotony. I was torn on it until he murdered his childhood friend, but I think it's the latter. And he didn't even need to! Just push him off and run away! You're a ****ing super-assassin, you can escape one chubby dude. And then when he does kill him, no emotion. Not silent contemplation, or quiet sadness, just nothing. Moving on.

Connor could have been awesome if he was handled just a little different.
---
Xbox GT: Ian Bits
#20Gnarly_BPosted 11/4/2012 6:32:42 PM
" I was torn on it until he murdered his childhood friend"

This also pissed me off, why did I bother going around knocking out all the warriors if Connor was just going to go all OJ Simpson on his best friend anyway?

It's not like his hand was trapped, he could easily have just punched the guy instead of stabbing him. And before anyone says "His friend thought Connor had betrayed him" I do not believe that had Connor restrained him (using all that training he had) he could've convinced him that Connor wasn't a traitor.
---
People who want another SW Battlefront: 213
"Gnarly, you are clearly more educated than me" - OblivionScamp. GT: Charlievil
More topics from this board...
Nine men's morris problemNairel227/22 12:34PM