Why all the hate for Connor? He's the best assassin thus far.

#21DrunkBeardGuyPosted 11/4/2012 6:33:33 PM
Gnarly_B posted...
I do understand, I just don't care. "Oh no, 20 natives can no longer live in their village, lets ignore the revolution and birth of a country because the village story is far more interesting."

It's much more complicated than that...

He wants to preserve his peoples place in the future. Connor is man first, and an Assassin second. His ideals and motives come before anything. Which I like, because he's not a labdog.

I don't think you actually understand who he is. He's a freedom fighter, which works in his favor by being an Assassin.
---
Beardy
Outlaws to the end
#22Homie_202Posted 11/4/2012 6:35:32 PM
I think ezio is the worst because he just seems like a boring character to me.
#23Gnarly_BPosted 11/4/2012 6:37:06 PM
"He wants to preserve his peoples place in the future. Connor is man first, and an Assassin second. His ideals and motives come before anything. Which I like, because he's not a labdog. "

I get that but his ideals and motives are boring to me. I would rather fight for the revolution that his village. I just don't care.
---
People who want another SW Battlefront: 213
"Gnarly, you are clearly more educated than me" - OblivionScamp. GT: Charlievil
#24Sima YiPosted 11/4/2012 6:38:26 PM
ITT: People who have different preferences than I do are stupid and shallow! If you were capable of understanding, you would think what I think!
---
GT: Edge31632 Pawn: Anya
http://www.last.fm/user/MrEdge
#25aflawedpeace(Topic Creator)Posted 11/4/2012 7:10:03 PM(edited)
Gnarly_B posted...
"
I do understand, I just don't care. "Oh no, 20 natives can no longer live in their village, lets ignore the revolution and birth of a country because the village story is far more interesting."

Of course he's village is far more important than the revolution and the birth of a country that will eventually go on to commit genocide on his people. You can't truly be that naive.
#26CyunPosted 11/4/2012 7:16:20 PM(edited)
I just think that the people who hate Connor just don't like characters with flaws. Yes Ezio was more charming and charismatic, but Connor actually feels like a believable person. I mean if you can't sympathize with someone who's grown up in constant fear of having his home destroyed and his people wiped out then I guess it's understandable you wouldn't find Connor an interesting character. I mean I don't think it's a spoiler to say that Native Americans don't end up too well in American History and this game really embellishes that and I really felt for Connor the whole time, especially the epilogue and how somber it was. Assassin's Creed 2 was a more up beat story and had an uplifting setting, thus Ezio is an archetype of a Rennisance lifestyle. Connor is someone struggling to just get by without people constantly treating him and his people like savages and second class citizens so it's understandable he's not the happy-go-lucky care free person Ezio was.
---
http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l12/KargTheVile/4or46f6.gif
#27aflawedpeace(Topic Creator)Posted 11/4/2012 7:10:37 PM
^^ this
#28DChybridkingPosted 11/4/2012 7:17:26 PM
I much perfer Ezio. I mean we have been with the man his whole life. However I do understand why some people dislike him. Ezio is flawed because he is not flawed *inception music plays*

Generally speaking Ezio handles everything with confidence, he's charismatic, brave, noble etc. You really don't see any kind of character flaws with em. Connor on the other hand naive(which is a valid trait), thick headed, inconsistent. I appreciate him having those flaws but I still much prefer Ezio as I find Connor boring.

To me it goes:

Ezio>Altair>Connor
---
Fight to preserve that which inspires hope - Ezio Auditore
#29Bloodlines1191Posted 11/4/2012 7:18:35 PM
Does that really matter? We all know Altair is the worse and shouldn't have existed in this series in the first place/been written differently.

Seriously, a few people easily agreed about Altair sucking and you guys ***** about CONNOR?! What gives? And this is coming from an Altair fan surprisingly!

I'll be shocked if no one agrees with me (cuz it's pretty obvious that what I'm saying is the truth)
---
Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted - Assassin's Creed
I shall forever hate the name......Crimson Viper
#30aflawedpeace(Topic Creator)Posted 11/4/2012 7:20:00 PM
DChybridking posted...
I much perfer Ezio. I mean we have been with the man his whole life. However I do understand why some people dislike him. Ezio is flawed because he is not flawed *inception music plays*

Generally speaking Ezio handles everything with confidence, he's charismatic, brave, noble etc. You really don't see any kind of character flaws with em. Connor on the other hand naive(which is a valid trait), thick headed, inconsistent. I appreciate him having those flaws but I still much prefer Ezio as I find Connor boring.

To me it goes:

Ezio>Altair>Connor

You find Connor boring yet consider him less likeable than altair. I scratched my head on this one.