Why all the hate for Connor? He's the best assassin thus far.

#31McFazzerPosted 11/4/2012 7:34:48 PM
AForgottenHero posted...
zerobobo posted...
Gnarly_B posted...
Haytham > Ezio >>>>>>>>> Connor > Altaiir

Ezio was far more interesting imo, the only reason I like Connor is because he has all the extra gadgets. He's an annoying character imo, all the other assassins were focused solely on the order, Connor keeps whining about his village all the damn time.

Haytham is by far my favourite character to play as. More interesting and better accent.

yeah, he should just let his village get destroyed huh?

It's not necessarily that, it is just that is his sole mission. He only works with others to benefit himself, in turn, making him less likable by most.

His life is going to hell in a hand-basket. Connor is allowed to delve into self pity. Also how is Ezio's revenge mission at the beginning of Creed 2 any better? It's selfish and quite personal. Altair basically went through everything he did, initially, to regain his former rank.

You may notice that Altair and Ezio's quest got more 'noble' as time went on, but Connor's became more empathetic in my eyes. He didn't really WANT to kill every Templar in site, at first. The Tea Party for example.Then there is the Homestead. Connor displays affection for the citizens and I found him and Achilies to have a foster father/son relationship. Connor never lost sight of his initial goal (doomed as it was. Which I think is where some people REALLY had an issue). The only thing he wanted was to save his people, which he was hoodwinked into believing he could. Do people not like Connor because he is grumpy?
---
Doors are for people with no imagination.
#32aflawedpeace(Topic Creator)Posted 11/4/2012 7:45:47 PM
Well said.
#33FredCat07Posted 11/4/2012 7:48:01 PM
aflawedpeace posted...
DChybridking posted...
I much perfer Ezio. I mean we have been with the man his whole life. However I do understand why some people dislike him. Ezio is flawed because he is not flawed *inception music plays*

Generally speaking Ezio handles everything with confidence, he's charismatic, brave, noble etc. You really don't see any kind of character flaws with em. Connor on the other hand naive(which is a valid trait), thick headed, inconsistent. I appreciate him having those flaws but I still much prefer Ezio as I find Connor boring.

To me it goes:

Ezio>Altair>Connor

You find Connor boring yet consider him less likeable than altair. I scratched my head on this one.

Further bored than Altair - I am sure DChybrid just liked how cold-heart Altair, but not able to best Ezio. That's just my theory on his weirdly choice.

Warning - Wall of Text!

I, however, find them complete equal to each other. However, I know you hated one of the other, I just liked them for their own uniqueness. Altair had no parents, official, beside Al Muslim through the first game (except for the end). He just command the order immediately and told when told. After AC1, he changed because he realized that the Apple corrupted his father-figured mentor and ended up trashed him. For Ezio, quite charm, yes, only in the lack of skill that he had to be taught by other, who he unknown, assassins with all skills that Altair learned and coded. Sure, he made the ladies's feet sweep off quite easily, but he didn't make it easier against the villains in which are males. Ezio is only one not under the affect of the Apple, unlike Altair had done against his buddy's child(ren). Ezio became an assassin in order to finishing his father's work that he had not done before his death. Connor's no different, he wished to keep his tribe within the pre-North America, however he failed to hold them in just because of the enemies, included his father, twisted his view on them and his own tribe. Altair is been cold-heart in early life and later become Master Assassin in old life, Ezio is easily go with charm voice and impression on women with no evil feeling within himself and Connor is straight to the point assassin who wanted to keep his tribe from leaving the land he was busying cleaning up. Previous two assassin ancestors settled with the family while we are not yet to witnessing Connor's settle, maybe in next game or two, without have Desmond around to interrupting his "story" to take restroom break or something.
---
I used to be hearing person like you, until I took the fever in my ears. ~FredCat
#34deadpool223Posted 11/4/2012 7:51:59 PM
altier is boring, ezio is stupid. connor is the only one thats a human being.
---
honk HONK honk HONK http://i.imgur.com/NztEG.gif. :33 < fus ro paw,
#35EternalDahakaPosted 11/4/2012 7:54:55 PM
Bloodlines1191 posted...
We all know Altair is the worse and shouldn't have existed in this series in the first place/been written differently.

No. I thought Altair was the best out of the three. He had an insane amount of character development in the first game. And AC2's codex pages only further fleshed out his character.

I'm not saying the others are bad---they're still great characters--- but Altair stands above them.

So for me:
Altair>Connor>Ezio
#36Incubus421Posted 11/4/2012 8:03:03 PM
Connor is just boring. He's very single-minded and one-dimensional. He always has that glazed-over look in his eyes and a deadpan look on his face. He pretty much does the opposite of what he should do at every turn. He doesn't take anybody's advice seriously. He treats Achilles like crap all the time. He's an assassin who pretty much knows nothing about the order. At least Ezio had a small group of assassins helping him, but Connor is all on his own except for Achilles. Sure, he has people helping him, but not assassins, which makes him look like just some guy who thinks he's an assassin but really has no connection to the order at all. Hell, he actually helps a Templar. A real assassin would not do that, nor would they need to. Overall, he's just not interesting to me. I liked Ezio's charisma and sense of humor. I mean, can YOU picture Connor hugging Leonardo da Vinci?
---
4 / / Itchy. Tasty.
#37TakuruPosted 11/4/2012 8:04:00 PM
Connor doesn't even act like an assassin. He's hothead, ignores all advice given to him, just walks up to his enemies announcing his presence, sharing assassin secrets to non-order members....

He's annoying to honest and Ezio is better than him in every way. Even Alstair is almost better if he wasn't an emotional boring character.
---
http://i923.photobucket.com/albums/ad79/april6e/MichelleJ.gif
#38battlfrnt2006Posted 11/4/2012 8:04:43 PM
I actually really like Connor so far, I find him interesting and much more human than Ezio or Altair. That being said, I agree with a few others in saying that Haytham is my favorite character in the series so far. Originally I wasn't at all sure about playing as Connor's dad for 4 hours, but I really grew to like him because of his straight-forward attitude and definitely his aristocratic personality.
---
Gamertag: CapraDaemon
PSN: mtllica
#39Bloodlines1191Posted 11/4/2012 8:12:34 PM
Incubus421 posted...
Connor is just boring. He's very single-minded and one-dimensional. He always has that glazed-over look in his eyes and a deadpan look on his face. He pretty much does the opposite of what he should do at every turn. He doesn't take anybody's advice seriously. He treats Achilles like crap all the time. He's an assassin who pretty much knows nothing about the order. At least Ezio had a small group of assassins helping him, but Connor is all on his own except for Achilles. Sure, he has people helping him, but not assassins, which makes him look like just some guy who thinks he's an assassin but really has no connection to the order at all. Hell, he actually helps a Templar. A real assassin would not do that, nor would they need to. Overall, he's just not interesting to me. I liked Ezio's charisma and sense of humor. I mean, can YOU picture Connor hugging Leonardo da Vinci?

You realize they made this game, like AC1, to have both sides painted gray. Need I remind you this isn't AC2 where everyone was Black and White. Hell, Haytham had some good points and he needed his help. On a side note, they prolly was trying to build up the whole Assassin/Templar team-up seeing that it's the final game and all.

Missed opportuinity.
---
Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted - Assassin's Creed
I shall forever hate the name......Crimson Viper
#40kaarnisPosted 11/4/2012 8:15:54 PM
Takuru posted...
Connor doesn't even act like an assassin. He's hothead, ignores all advice given to him, just walks up to his enemies announcing his presence, sharing assassin secrets to non-order members....

He's annoying to honest and Ezio is better than him in every way. Even Alstair is almost better if he wasn't an emotional boring character.

I disagree. While I am very fond of Ezio, he's always been a bit too smooth, with no real flaws or vices. His infinite wisdom and charm makes him boring to me. Connor is a thousand times more approachable protagonist, and it's nice to finally see a character who actually makes mistakes and trusts the entirely wrong people.