Why all the hate for Connor? He's the best assassin thus far.

#41THE_JOKE_KING33Posted 11/4/2012 7:16:02 PM
Incubus421 posted...
Connor is just boring. He's very single-minded and one-dimensional. He always has that glazed-over look in his eyes and a deadpan look on his face. He pretty much does the opposite of what he should do at every turn. He doesn't take anybody's advice seriously. He treats Achilles like crap all the time. He's an assassin who pretty much knows nothing about the order. At least Ezio had a small group of assassins helping him, but Connor is all on his own except for Achilles. Sure, he has people helping him, but not assassins, which makes him look like just some guy who thinks he's an assassin but really has no connection to the order at all. Hell, he actually helps a Templar. A real assassin would not do that, nor would they need to. Overall, he's just not interesting to me. I liked Ezio's charisma and sense of humor. I mean, can YOU picture Connor hugging Leonardo da Vinci?

Takuru posted...
Connor doesn't even act like an assassin. He's hothead, ignores all advice given to him, just walks up to his enemies announcing his presence, sharing assassin secrets to non-order members....

He's annoying to honest and Ezio is better than him in every way. Even Alstair is almost better if he wasn't an emotional boring character.

I kind of have to agree with these posts, maybe it because I got to experience Ezio's life over the course of three games(how old is Conner by the end anyway? He looks like he's in his forties) but I never felt like an assassin when playing as Conner as opposed to playing as Altair and Ezio.
---
"A man's dreams are an index to his greatness."-Zadok Rabinwitz
PSN: THE_JOKE_KING33
#42YoungGganonPosted 11/4/2012 7:31:53 PM
Ezio is the epitome of a male Mary Sue. The only thing he's missing is some freaky eye power that doesn't make sense.

Seriously, I liked Altair more than Ezio, that guy....god is an insufferable failure as an interesting character. I can't wait to get AC3 but I doubt he's worse than Ezio or Altair.
---
(Now playing Dead Island, Vanquish, and PSASBR Beta)
#43omniryuPosted 11/4/2012 7:43:45 PM
Bloodlines1191 posted...
Incubus421 posted...
Connor is just boring. He's very single-minded and one-dimensional. He always has that glazed-over look in his eyes and a deadpan look on his face. He pretty much does the opposite of what he should do at every turn. He doesn't take anybody's advice seriously. He treats Achilles like crap all the time. He's an assassin who pretty much knows nothing about the order. At least Ezio had a small group of assassins helping him, but Connor is all on his own except for Achilles. Sure, he has people helping him, but not assassins, which makes him look like just some guy who thinks he's an assassin but really has no connection to the order at all. Hell, he actually helps a Templar. A real assassin would not do that, nor would they need to. Overall, he's just not interesting to me. I liked Ezio's charisma and sense of humor. I mean, can YOU picture Connor hugging Leonardo da Vinci?

You realize they made this game, like AC1, to have both sides painted gray. Need I remind you this isn't AC2 where everyone was Black and White. Hell, Haytham had some good points and he needed his help. On a side note, they prolly was trying to build up the whole Assassin/Templar team-up seeing that it's the final game and all.

Missed opportuinity.

hold that thought. I.doubt they will try to build such concept and say, "nah, **** it."
---
PSN ID: Omniryu; Skype: Ryan.cox43
Gamertag: Omniryu
#44McFazzerPosted 11/4/2012 7:47:35 PM
omniryu posted...
Bloodlines1191 posted...
Incubus421 posted...

You realize they made this game, like AC1, to have both sides painted gray. Need I remind you this isn't AC2 where everyone was Black and White. Hell, Haytham had some good points and he needed his help. On a side note, they prolly was trying to build up the whole Assassin/Templar team-up seeing that it's the final game and all.

Missed opportuinity.

hold that thought. I.doubt they will try to build such concept and say, "nah, **** it."

I hope to see a story line about a Templar (as in a Desmond character). Either straight up play as them, or defect to Assassins. Either or.
---
Doors are for people with no imagination.
#45DrunkBeardGuyPosted 11/4/2012 7:49:45 PM
Takuru posted...
Connor doesn't even act like an assassin. He's hothead, ignores all advice given to him, just walks up to his enemies announcing his presence, sharing assassin secrets to non-order members....

Altair disobeyed the creed, compromised the whole order and got demoted. That's worse than anything Connor or Ezio has done, and he was a Master Assassin at that point.

Connor may not be as charismatic as Ezio, but he's sure as hell not as dumb as Altair was in his youth. It's called maturing, which Connor does. We haven't seen the last of him either.
---
Beardy
Outlaws to the end
#46TiamatKillerPosted 11/4/2012 8:29:16 PM
Gnarly_B posted...
Haytham > Ezio >>>>>>>>> Connor > Altaiir

Ezio was far more interesting imo, the only reason I like Connor is because he has all the extra gadgets. He's an annoying character imo, all the other assassins were focused solely on the order, Connor keeps whining about his village all the damn time.

Haytham is by far my favourite character to play as. More interesting and better accent.

Yeah!

Screw worrying about where you come from!

/sarcasm
---
GTX 560 Ti (2GB)/ z77-pro motherboard/ i5-3570k/ 8 GB RAM
#47NyxSollosPosted 11/4/2012 8:43:54 PM
I don't get why anyone who dislikes Connor is an idiot or wrong.... It's an opinion... I personally like Ezio and Haytham better because they are just more charismatic and funny at time... I never felt connected to Connor and for some people it's a pretty big leap to go from someone like Ezio or Altair who live most or all of their lives for the creed to Connor who is pretty much joined for himself and a village... In the end it's just an opinion though, so no one can really be completely right or wrong =\ imo..
#48BTzzPosted 11/4/2012 8:55:51 PM
Seriously, I think people completely forget Assassin's Creed 2. Ezio was flawed as ****.
---
Xbox GT: Ian Bits
#49DChybridkingPosted 11/4/2012 10:01:20 PM
aflawedpeace posted...
DChybridking posted...
I much perfer Ezio. I mean we have been with the man his whole life. However I do understand why some people dislike him. Ezio is flawed because he is not flawed *inception music plays*

Generally speaking Ezio handles everything with confidence, he's charismatic, brave, noble etc. You really don't see any kind of character flaws with em. Connor on the other hand naive(which is a valid trait), thick headed, inconsistent. I appreciate him having those flaws but I still much prefer Ezio as I find Connor boring.

To me it goes:

Ezio>Altair>Connor

You find Connor boring yet consider him less likeable than altair. I scratched my head on this one.

if it wasn't for revelations revealing more about Altair then they would have been the same more or less. I use to could not stand Altair but seeing all of what he endured and did for the order made me respect em so much. He became interesting to me and it was annoying as hell to see he only had like an hour of play time in ACR. Both Altair and Ezio reflected growth, Connor not so much. I don't hate Connor but to me he needs more development and work.
---
Fight to preserve that which inspires hope - Ezio Auditore
#50JolteonPosted 11/4/2012 10:02:07 PM
I think most of the hate has to do with his completely irrational mood swings. I just finished sequence 7, and there was simply no reason for him to go off on Achilles like that. It was arrogant, first of all, but more than that it was just completely random. What possible motivation was there for him to pick a fight with his mentor?

He's a totally likeable character outside of major cutscenes. Like when he started to call out Charles Lee in the middle of the Continental Congress? What the hell, kid? I thought you'd learned some restraint by now.

I've been trying to avoid these boards for the most part (because people are terrible at marking spoilers), so I guess I didn't really realize that there was a lot of hate for Connor, but if there is, I'm reasonably certain it's because of moments like the above. It's just completely jarring to see him go from this cool, calm, professional assassin, to petulant emo-rage.
---
Is this finally a conundrum that CAN'T be solved by helicopter theft?