Why all the hate for Connor? He's the best assassin thus far.

#51DISTURBED157Posted 11/4/2012 11:05:39 PM
the arguments against Connor are just reaching at this point. It was quite annoying walking directly up to certain people and triggering a cutscene, but that naivety is part of Connor's character which comes from his growing up in a native american lifestyle.
---
It wasn't me it was the one armed man
#52NyxSollosPosted 11/4/2012 11:29:57 PM
DISTURBED157 posted...
the arguments against Connor are just reaching at this point. It was quite annoying walking directly up to certain people and triggering a cutscene, but that naivety is part of Connor's character which comes from his growing up in a native american lifestyle.

Yeah but he left as a teenage, I feel after so many years he would grow out of it.....

Connors only real growth is during the homestead side missions and never shows during the story... just in case
#53chuckkcuhcPosted 11/7/2012 1:20:47 AM
Connor is ok. He is kinda emotionless. Not a huge variety, sort of like the faces of vader t-shirt. Ezio was my favorite, most likely because I could relate to him in so many ways. My main problem with Connor is more with the revamped free running system. Is anyone else having problems with it? Ezio's was way easier to use. But I do like the cornering for connor. Thats good.
#54Trainer_RedPosted 11/7/2012 1:38:49 AM
Because people are too used to Ezio. While I like Ezio, he wasn't as real and flawed as Connor, which makes him kind of bland in comparison. Don't worry though, they'll probably come around and realize Connor master race.
#55_Snowx_Posted 11/7/2012 1:40:45 AM
TC, you spelled "Ezio" wrong in the topic title.
#56stootchmasterPosted 11/7/2012 1:42:54 AM
I agree. I was surprised to find Haytham is my favorite assasin. . .even his outfit is the best! I'd love some DLC with a Haytham prequel.
#57stootchmasterPosted 11/7/2012 1:45:16 AM
^^^^ Oops. . .didn't get the quote off the first page.

Gnarly_B posted...
Haytham > Ezio >>>>>>>>> Connor > Altaiir

Haytham is by far my favourite character to play as. More interesting and better accent.
#58DreizelPosted 11/11/2012 6:22:00 AM
Character you lay as in the animus:

Altair: The cold badass assassin.

Ezio: The charasmatic and charming assassin.

Haytham: a mix between the atributes of Alair and Ezio.

Connor: the puss* angry naive assassin ( HIS voice was shi``, i really REALLY hated the way he sounded, very softly and insecure(except when he was angry) [Connor's character his th MOST IMATURE character i've ever played in a videogame.

SPOILER ALERT
SPOILER ALERT
SPOILER ALERT
SPOILER ALERT
SPOILER ALERT
SPOILER ALERT
SPOILER ALERT

It really bothered me that CONNOR choosed not to get revenge on Washingtons yet he KILLED HIS OWN FATHER, when his motivations to do it so( and the reason for him to join the assassins to begin with) were to revealed to be Washingtons fault.

Connor sense of FREEDOM his broken as hell, in the end he acomplished nothing, his land was sold by the NEW government without permission, the New government proclaimed the natives as being the bad guys. The Templares (except hickey) in this game didn't seem bad guys at ALL, they had more noble and realistic goals than any others.

On top of this Connor didn't developed any of the already few conections he had/has throughout the game.

Connor and Aquiles concection felt very weak even though they try to tell you otherwise, the fact Connor DESCREDITED Aquiles for what he has acomplished more than once show us that he has little to no respect for the old man( IT REALLY PSSED ME OFF WHEN HE DID THAT), a little half hearted sorry and aquiles last name on connor's grave aren't enough when all that it is shown on camera his that they have to deep conection.

One of the only conections connor was showing to be developing didn't last very long, which was with his father

Connor always argued with his father to let his enemies go free( even though they would warn the enemy) and yet he killed his best friend when he was more than capable to disarm him and let him go explaining to him that he was being deceived into believing connor was an enemy ( although thinking about it a bit more perhaps he was really not since Connor was siding with washington and washington didn't like th natives, so maybe connor was the one being deceived)

Conoor his hipocritical as hell troughout the all game.

END OF SPOILERS
END OF SPOILERS
END OF SPOILERS
END OF SPOILERS
END OF SPOILERS
END OF SPOILERS

The most brightest parts of the game were the naval ones. It is a shame that one of the most iconic aspects of the assassins creed franchise his missing,the architecture of key cities, colonial America his very poor in architecture, and the replacement for the cities, the woods are so uninteresting that i barelly spent any time there, Haytham would have been a WAY better protagonist than Connor.

P:S Connor is one of the worst characters i've played as, and don't get me started with his new haircut( i would love to know who was the genius in the team who had that brilliant idea and idiot who aproved it).

Desmond story wasn't much better also, and the ending i don't think he made the best decision at the end, but that is a matter of opinion i guess, so i don't complain about this particularly issue.
#59DreizelPosted 11/11/2012 6:27:21 AM
Dreizel posted...
Character you lay as in the animus:

Altair: The cold badass assassin.

Ezio: The charasmatic and charming assassin.

Haytham: a mix between the atributes of Alair and Ezio.

Connor: the puss* angry naive assassin ( HIS voice was shi``, i really REALLY hated the way he sounded, very softly and insecure(except when he was angry) [Connor's character his th MOST IMATURE character i've ever played in a videogame.

SPOILER ALERT
SPOILER ALERT
SPOILER ALERT
SPOILER ALERT
SPOILER ALERT
SPOILER ALERT
SPOILER ALERT

It really bothered me that CONNOR choosed not to get revenge on Washingtons yet he KILLED HIS OWN FATHER, when his motivations to do it so( and the reason for him to join the assassins to begin with) were to revealed to be Washingtons fault.

Connor sense of FREEDOM his broken as hell, in the end he acomplished nothing, his land was sold by the NEW government without permission, the New government proclaimed the natives as being the bad guys. The Templares (except hickey) in this game didn't seem bad guys at ALL, they had more noble and realistic goals than any others.

On top of this Connor didn't developed any of the already few conections he had/has throughout the game.

Connor and Aquiles concection felt very weak even though they try to tell you otherwise, the fact Connor DESCREDITED Aquiles for what he has acomplished more than once show us that he has little to no respect for the old man( IT REALLY PSSED ME OFF WHEN HE DID THAT), a little half hearted sorry and aquiles last name on connor's grave aren't enough when all that it is shown on camera his that they have to deep conection.

One of the only conections connor was showing to be developing didn't last very long, which was with his father

Connor always argued with his father to let his enemies go free( even though they would warn the enemy) and yet he killed his best friend when he was more than capable to disarm him and let him go explaining to him that he was being deceived into believing connor was an enemy ( although thinking about it a bit more perhaps he was really not since Connor was siding with washington and washington didn't like th natives, so maybe connor was the one being deceived)

Conoor his hipocritical as hell troughout the all game.

END OF SPOILERS
END OF SPOILERS
END OF SPOILERS
END OF SPOILERS
END OF SPOILERS
END OF SPOILERS

The most brightest parts of the game were the naval ones. It is a shame that one of the most iconic aspects of the assassins creed franchise his missing,the architecture of key cities, colonial America his very poor in architecture, and the replacement for the cities, the woods are so uninteresting that i barelly spent any time there, Haytham would have been a WAY better protagonist than Connor.

P:S Connor is one of the worst characters i've played as, and don't get me started with his new haircut( i would love to know who was the genius in the team who had that brilliant idea and idiot who aproved it).

Desmond story wasn't much better also, and the ending i don't think he made the best decision at the end, but that is a matter of opinion i guess, so i don't complain about this particularly issue.

CORRECTION ON THE SPOILERS PART

*Connor and Aquiles conecction felt very weak even though they try to tell you otherwise, the fact Connor DESCREDITED Aquiles for what he has acomplished more than once show us that he has little to no respect for the old man( IT REALLY PSSED ME OFF WHEN HE DID THAT), a little half hearted sorry and aquiles last name on connor's grave aren't enough when all that it is shown ON camera his that they DIDN'T SEEM to have any deep conection.
#60MorterPosted 11/11/2012 6:46:56 AM
I posted about this in another topic that I killed (because I posted last and no one responded), but no one seems to notice the fundamental difference between Ezio and Connor: the extreme amounts of privilege between them.

Let's face it, Ezio was extremely lucky, despite his immediate family being killed. Other than maybe the very beginning (when he was being used), he had an extensive support team. His uncle gave him a manor, his sister gives him money every 20 minutes. He had Leonardo Da Vinci just giving him inventions! He had everyone from courtesans and thieves helping him. He earned some of that stuff, yes, but the point is there were a whooole lot of people looking out for him, officially inducting him into being an assassin. Being born a noble in the renaissance, Ezio was well supported.

Connor had been confronted--and his mother killed, when he was 5, found out his father wanted him and his people dead. He was sent to a single assassin--an old cynical cripple who had all but abandoned the Assassin's cause because he thought it was futile. He taught him months of training, and was told that his mission was doomed to fail. Everyone he was referred to looked down on him, and thought he was everything from dumb muscle to a guy on a suicide mission.

Not only is Connor's naivety and belief in honesty completely justified, but it makes him a better and believable character, because he didn't have it as easy as Ezio. He's had to struggle since he was a toddler, and other than not being properly educated on being debonair ladies man and politics, there's nothing that makes Connor "worse" than Ezio.

I guess people like Ezio more because he had more stuff given to him. Gadgets, a brotherhood of assassins to lead, love interests and girls to fling with, castles to storm. Very adventurous. He became an assassin to find out the conspiracy behind his parents death and the corruption in the politics involved.

Connor was just an assassin because his village elder told him to go to a guy that would help him save his village from being wiped out.
---
Merciful Buddha
Posts: 2x: 77; 3x: 9; 4x: 7; 5x: 5; *6x: 2; 7x/8x!: 1;**25X POST!**