I'm getting sick of this now... Glitch after glitch after glitch.

#21AForgottenHeroPosted 11/5/2012 8:16:17 AM
I wouldn't consider these minor glitches "game-breaking".

People keep whining about the glitches. I've experienced a few things like stuck in trees and the like, all absolutely minor.

If you play a game when it first comes out, there is bound to be some glitches. Any other game had glitches when it came out, you name it.
---
"I was leaving, but now I am going to feed you your teeth."
#22SkytheWiz1Posted 11/5/2012 8:24:15 AM
AForgottenHero posted...

People keep whining about the glitches. I've experienced a few things like stuck in trees and the like, all absolutely minor.

If you play a game when it first comes out, there is bound to be some glitches. Any other game had glitches when it came out, you name it.

It's not that no other game lacks glitches; the issue is that, as time progresses, developers are becoming more and more sloppy. They're relying on the ability to patch the game, as opposed to trying to make the game as high of quality as they can.

I'd rather wait a few extra weeks for the game to be released than to have the game, put up with the frustrating glitches that I've listed in a half dozen threads, and then have the patch come out when I'm finally sick of the game.

I'm not saying I'm sick of ACIII, but I'm definitely playing it less than I want, simply because I don't want the glitches to sour my experience anymore than they already have.
---
Pretend there are awe-inspiring lyrics
or oh-so-hilarious quotations here, please.
#23AForgottenHeroPosted 11/5/2012 8:28:38 AM
SkytheWiz1 posted...
AForgottenHero posted...

It's not that no other game lacks glitches; the issue is that, as time progresses, developers are becoming more and more sloppy. They're relying on the ability to patch the game, as opposed to trying to make the game as high of quality as they can.

I'd rather wait a few extra weeks for the game to be released than to have the game, put up with the frustrating glitches that I've listed in a half dozen threads, and then have the patch come out when I'm finally sick of the game.

I'm not saying I'm sick of ACIII, but I'm definitely playing it less than I want, simply because I don't want the glitches to sour my experience anymore than they already have.

Funny, because I've completed the game, and found no glitches that "soured" my experience.

I do agree that they should focus more on no glitches before they release the game.
---
"I was leaving, but now I am going to feed you your teeth."
#24TheDirkDigglerPosted 11/5/2012 8:31:34 AM
Overall the game plays well. Considering the size and scope of the game it's bound to have some glitches but I haven't seen any major game breakers. I mean this isn't an NES game. PC games have always had to patches so this isn't new. At least I can run it. My XBox refused to run a pristine disc of Saints Row the Third and had issues with Skyrim and Duke Nukem. So far this game runs great and only froze once. Yes, once is technically one to many but I'm just happy to be able to play it.
#25RiverofDenialPosted 11/5/2012 8:34:01 AM
The only glitch I've found so far (on sequence 6 atm) was where I tried to get into a haycart directly after jumping a fence.
I got shot into the air for some reason.
But it was amusing, so I don't really care.
Great game so far.
#26sirgreendayPosted 11/5/2012 8:36:03 AM
nathninteyone posted...
I really don't understand how they could release something this broken, its a shame too cause i really am enjoying the game, i'm just beginning to feel like i'm fighting the game now with all of its bugs instead of playing it...

Another player who sucks at a game so they blame the phantom GLITCH without giving even 1 example.

I'm on sequence 6 and have not encountered 1 glitch. Nothing. So, instead of blaming the game, why don't you get better at it?
---
GT: Sir Green Day
#27esprailePosted 11/5/2012 8:37:37 AM
I've completed the game and found no glitches. Did you install the release day update?
---
Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.
#28agammonPosted 11/5/2012 9:04:50 AM
A few observations:

1. There is only one version of the game. No one got a "good" or "bad" version. Everyone has the exact same potential for glitches to occur.
2. Its okay to like the game and admit its glitchy. Everyone who likes it is saying "no, its perfect... zero glitches." I thought it was a pretty good game, but there was something weird happening (whether it was a lack of voice audio, player clipping into environment, random stutters between loading, etc.) at least every 15-20 minutes. I am not saying it completely breaks the game, but if you think it "didn't happen" you just weren't paying attention.
3. Its not completely broken. Its okay to not like the game, but don't exaggerate things. This is an open world game. Find an open world game without a serious amount of glitches and get back to us. There are just so many possible ways a player can interact with the world, there is no way the developer can account for all of them. No QA department has the time to try EVERY possibility. Considering the scope of this game, I would say the amount of glitches I experienced were low, to mild. Not great, but not terrible either.

This is just my opinion, but as always, I'm right...
#29EVE6 FANPosted 11/5/2012 9:09:33 AM
The only thing that gets on my nerves is when you're on a horse, the lower part of the clothing goes through the body of the horse, and its totally obvious.

That and the only other problem i've had was during one mission, one of the NPC's i was supposed to protect was fighting and fell into the water after killing an enemy.
---
PsN: Ultraviolence (L in violence is a cap i)
#30PhoenixPrincePosted 11/5/2012 9:14:00 AM
Most of the glitches I've encountered have been more amusing than anything (I'm playing the PS3 version).

1. There was a horse-drawn carriage in Boston. It randomly went down a ledge, so the carriage was on its front and the horses were still pulling it. It then proceeded to drive into the water.
2. Connor countered a guard attacking me while I was using a stolen musket. He proceeded to spin around very fast twenty times before impaling the guard. I have named this move... Tornado Strike!
3. Guards land in awkward positions after death. Bones must be made of rubber.
4. I dove under the water next to the rock. Got stuck under the rock, then fell into an endless void and desynched (the only not amusing one, but it was right after a checkpoint, so I lost nothing)
---
I tell it how I see it. Controversial and I don't care.
More topics from this board...
High profile on default?Jazzo210229/22 9:59PM