So are Brits all butthurt over this game?

#131Arctic_SunrisePosted 11/5/2012 6:41:24 PM
Logicmonger posted...
bloodgod92 posted...
Logicmonger posted...
British. Nearly as insignificant as Canadians, but easier to laugh at.

So insignificant we are the reason America exists... So insignificant we had the largest empire ever by landmass... yes, seems legit to me...

Keep telling yourself that teeny little island is big. Landmass envy?

Oh, stop goading him, you bully. I get all the fallout.
---
"I love finding threads like these, it's like walking outside and finding the city's been bombed while you were sleeping." - Blighboy
#132bloodgod92Posted 11/5/2012 6:41:44 PM
deadpool223 posted...

as a native american myself i can say that no the british winning the revolutionary war wouldent be a whole lot better. its still a foreign government coming in and treating us like ass. think Africa or India

Yet, Natives chose to side with the British over the Patriots... the crown was against settlements west of the Appalachian Mountains, so the Natives would not have been further oppressed. It seems obvious that your people, at the time, thought it better with Britain ruling the country... of course SOME natives would side with the revolutionaries, but the majority favored the crown...

Arctic_Sunrise posted...

So are we, though. We were advocates and solid founders of slavery ourselves. Atrocities perpetrated by the British Empire - ignoring the get-out-clause of 'war is war' - outweigh many other nations. I'm not here to slate Britain, mate, only to point out that everybody's an arse****.

I agree, and yes, our monarchy and nobles and what-not did own slaves, I do not deny this, yet the British do not celebrate those people once a year, hell, the country only celebrates the royals when they give us a bank holiday... most of us do not give a crap about them.

As somebody else said before, we do not celebrate George III, yet Americans celebrate the founding fathers and revere them as saints, when clearly, they were not.
---
GT: Aldora92 V My most successful thread V
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/950899-final-fantasy-xiii/53936178
#133bloodgod92Posted 11/5/2012 6:43:30 PM
Logicmonger posted...
bloodgod92 posted...
Logicmonger posted...
British. Nearly as insignificant as Canadians, but easier to laugh at.

So insignificant we are the reason America exists... So insignificant we had the largest empire ever by landmass... yes, seems legit to me...

Keep telling yourself that teeny little island is big. Landmass envy?

I don't think it is big, I don;t even like it very much, In fact, I hate it more then anything, but only an idiot would claim that Britain was insignificant... clearly history proves you, and any body else claiming this, to be wrong.
---
GT: Aldora92 V My most successful thread V
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/950899-final-fantasy-xiii/53936178
#134GoIgothaPosted 11/5/2012 6:43:48 PM
Are the American's still butthurt over that JFK assassination game we made?
---
http://i.imgur.com/Xnt4Y.gif
www.last.fm/user/Xorneto || www.rateyourmusic.com/~RedNave
#135deadpool223Posted 11/5/2012 6:44:02 PM
bloodgod92 posted...
deadpool223 posted...

as a native american myself i can say that no the british winning the revolutionary war wouldent be a whole lot better. its still a foreign government coming in and treating us like ass. think Africa or India

Yet, Natives chose to side with the British over the Patriots... the crown was against settlements west of the Appalachian Mountains, so the Natives would not have been further oppressed. It seems obvious that your people, at the time, thought it better with Britain ruling the country... of course SOME natives would side with the revolutionaries, but the majority favored the crown...

Arctic_Sunrise posted...

So are we, though. We were advocates and solid founders of slavery ourselves. Atrocities perpetrated by the British Empire - ignoring the get-out-clause of 'war is war' - outweigh many other nations. I'm not here to slate Britain, mate, only to point out that everybody's an arse****.

I agree, and yes, our monarchy and nobles and what-not did own slaves, I do not deny this, yet the British do not celebrate those people once a year, hell, the country only celebrates the royals when they give us a bank holiday... most of us do not give a crap about them.

As somebody else said before, we do not celebrate George III, yet Americans celebrate the founding fathers and revere them as saints, when clearly, they were not.

maybe, i will say however if you opposed the spanish my tribe at least would be all over that. those guys were DIIIIIIIICKS
---
honk HONK honk HONK http://i.imgur.com/NztEG.gif. :33 < fus ro paw,
#136mike_testPosted 11/5/2012 6:46:23 PM
Americans should be butthurt over how they think Shaun is being offensive, when in reality, Shaun is challenging your pride over knowing a whole bunch of bull we were taught in high school. Your pride being shattered is a fact of life; that's how you grow. I won't deny he lays it on a bit thick, but for some people, maybe having salt rubbed in your wounds is probably a good thing.
#137Ryan-06Posted 11/5/2012 6:48:03 PM
Death_Sycthe posted...
Im british and I dont care. It portrays americans just as bad too be honest. I mean essentially both sides are fighting over independance on land which isnt even theirs. Was a pretty crappy thing to do just go and claim someone elses land when it isnt theirs to begin with.

This.

and who the heck is shaun?
---
0=Rei. Pronounced Rei-six
"Tougher than I look" http://i.imgur.com/i5krA.gif
#138Arctic_SunrisePosted 11/5/2012 6:50:22 PM
bloodgod92 posted...

They celebrate independence and freedom from an unwanted external government. The people who brought it about are incidental. It would have happened, whomever headed the charge. Yes, there are Americans who use July 4 as an excuse for yelling 'USA!' and spunking all over their flag. They are the minority. Just like the EDL or the BNP here.

Imagine if we were an offshoot of a larger nation, small and seemingly-insignificant, forced to do what a far-distant government most of us had never even seen, let alone had a part in, wanted. Not only are we ignored at best, disciplined at worst, we're forced to contribute our own people and wealth and suffering to this far-away realm's wants and needs.

Wouldn't you favour rebellion? Wouldn't you celebrate every damn year it if it succeeded? Because I sure as hell would.
---
"I love finding threads like these, it's like walking outside and finding the city's been bombed while you were sleeping." - Blighboy
#139leon_trunksPosted 11/5/2012 6:52:50 PM
I'm neither american nor british. So I'm not butthurt. ASIANS FTW
---
Sketch Blog - paperuni.blogspot.com
#140Ryan-06Posted 11/5/2012 6:54:28 PM
Great post, Arctic. =)
---
0=Rei. Pronounced Rei-six
"Tougher than I look" http://i.imgur.com/i5krA.gif