So are Brits all butthurt over this game?

#171bloodgod92Posted 11/6/2012 6:36:40 AM
jivedj posted...
bloodgod92 posted...
Logicmonger posted...
British. Nearly as insignificant as Canadians, but easier to laugh at.

So insignificant we are the reason America exists... So insignificant we had the largest empire ever by landmass... yes, seems legit to me...

My country is better than yours, blah blah. Get over yourselves, seriously.

If you bothered to read my posts after that you would see that what you claim I think is not what I actually think. In fact, I prefer America to my own country, I just don;t think it is right to revere slavers and traitors who committed treason...

firelover1991 posted...
The topic title seems like it was only meant to get a rise out of people. Butthurt? Really? The game is LOOSELY based on history. The colonies won the war. I don't see why British people TODAY would be 'butthurt' over a war several generations past. I'm an American, and I've no problems with the British, nor do the British people I've met in my lifetime seem to have a problem with me. In fact, it is my hope one day to visit their country and learn a little bit about their culture.

We have no culture :) The weather is not even that great, if you came over here you would be wasting your time...
---
GT: Aldora92 V My most successful thread V
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/950899-final-fantasy-xiii/53936178
#172Arctic_SunrisePosted 11/6/2012 6:38:20 AM
We do too have a culture! It consists of drinking vast quantities of beer and tea (not together) and punching each other while yelling; "TALLY HO CHAPS, PIP PIP, WOT WOT!"
---
"I love finding threads like these, it's like walking outside and finding the city's been bombed while you were sleeping." - Blighboy
#173Lunacy182Posted 11/6/2012 6:51:06 AM
Are the Brits butt hurt? Did they just find out they lost the revolutionary war or something?
---
The above text is the opinion of the poster.
"How do I screen shot real life?" - Xeeh_Bitz
#174bloodgod92Posted 11/6/2012 7:02:58 AM
Lunacy182 posted...
Are the Brits butt hurt? Did they just find out they lost the revolutionary war or something?

I don't think many of us even knew about the war, they do not teach us anything about it, nor even mention it in history classes at school.

We learn about things that actually affected us, or kings who liked to put it about a bit, like Richard I, Harold Harefoot, Battle of Hastings, the Tudors and WW1+2...

For us, the revolution was insignificant, and not relevant to our country, so we never learned about it.
---
GT: Aldora92 V My most successful thread V
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/950899-final-fantasy-xiii/53936178
#175Kur_TanglePosted 11/6/2012 7:29:16 AM
bloodgod92 posted...
Lunacy182 posted...

I don't think many of us even knew about the war, they do not teach us anything about it, nor even mention it in history classes at school.

We learn about things that actually affected us, or kings who liked to put it about a bit, like Richard I, Harold Harefoot, Battle of Hastings, the Tudors and WW1+2...

For us, the revolution was insignificant, and not relevant to our country, so we never learned about it.

In my history lessons we studied the native americans

We watched Blazing Saddles
---
Um, what?
#176edwardeclPosted 11/6/2012 8:15:40 AM
I really don't understand this whole patriotism thing... Both countries contribute to atrocities and wars all over the world. And both countries well the UK at least are now complete s**t holes culturally.

The UK doesn't really celebrate anything, where as the US does. We do not celebrate the forming of the United Kingdom as it is old history.

In the same light why does the northern US states not celebrate winning the civil war? And why do Americans still wave the confederate flag?
#177rickGamerPosted 11/6/2012 9:32:44 AM
The thing you do not understand about us brits is that we like to fight each other, so this game is perfect for beating on other brits.
---
I don't know about angels but it's fear that gives men wings - Max Payne
#178lengthycobra69Posted 11/6/2012 9:34:29 AM
don't think i wana post here too much more lol because of all the controversy. but i will say this:

1. history proves every race and every nation has done some seriously effed up stuff! however we all want to act like our ancestors were saints who did no wrong. Hell even now how many people claim the holocaust was made up and never happened? and this is still in our grandparents lifetimes this went on.

2. ok the AC series was not meant to be hisorically accurate, but for fun. Did anyone boycott quentin for changing the way inglorious bastards was made?

3. it's well known settlers screwed the native american people. deal with it. no one is blaming anyone today for what happened hundreds of years ago. although with blacks, people still need to complain about events that happened well beyond their lifetimes. being a half white/native myself i still laugh when blacks whine about slavery.
#179capper64Posted 11/6/2012 9:51:21 AM
I don't think there's many in Britain who are bitter about losing to the war. In fact, I think the majority of people would just look at you blankly if you brought it up.
#180capper64Posted 11/6/2012 10:01:50 AM
lengthycobra69 posted...
don't think i wana post here too much more lol because of all the controversy. but i will say this:

1. history proves every race and every nation has done some seriously effed up stuff! however we all want to act like our ancestors were saints who did no wrong. Hell even now how many people claim the holocaust was made up and never happened? and this is still in our grandparents lifetimes this went on.

It's certainly not the ancestors of the people who committed the Holocaust who deny it happened. Holocaust denial is illegal in Germany.

It's usually racists and neo-nazis who claim the holocaust was an invention of the Jews to create sympathy towards them.