So are Brits all butthurt over this game?

#181DrunkenPeasantPosted 11/6/2012 4:20:44 PM
capper64 posted...
I don't think there's many in Britain who are bitter about losing to the war. In fact, I think the majority of people would just look at you blankly if you brought it up.

This is true, most people I know think Britain and the US have always been best pals, I'm a bit of a history nut so I've known for a while about the revolution. Never felt sore about it though.
---
"I used to rescue presidents, then I took an arrow in the knee...and still rescued the president." -Snake Plissken
#182hedmunky8472576Posted 11/6/2012 5:10:10 PM
Thats how come its bestselling in the U.K?
---
Xbox Live & PlayStation Network I.D = HedMunky84
#183Jin_OniPosted 11/6/2012 5:13:08 PM
voodoo122 posted...
The 2 RL brits I know who got this are kinda butthurt as well. Deal with it. They lost, their problem. History is written by the victors.

They can thank us for Snooki now.

Gojak_v3 posted...
Since it glorifies the revolution.

Lol, References HO!
---
War doesn't determine who's right, only who's left.
A statement bears no weight for those of us who choose not to carry it. - Loshadt
#184TheSmartBlondePosted 11/6/2012 9:12:49 PM
My butt hurts badly. Massage?
#185steepcirclePosted 11/6/2012 9:16:59 PM
TheSmartBlonde posted...
My butt hurts badly. Massage?

lol...
---
Conrad Verner: "My wife was really supportive. She even paid for my shuttle fare off-world."
Matriarch Aethyta: *facepalm*
#186lengthycobra69Posted 11/6/2012 11:27:21 PM
capper64 posted...

It's certainly not the ancestors of the people who committed the Holocaust who deny it happened. Holocaust denial is illegal in Germany.

It's usually racists and neo-nazis who claim the holocaust was an invention of the Jews to create sympathy towards them.

actually didn't know that in Germany thanks for the info. But you know just saying no matter who denies it, we all know it to be true and this is again within kind of recent history. Imagine 100-200 years from now how events may get twisted. Hell how will history view 9/11 in 100 years? for all we know the books will blame the irish lol.
#187bloodgod92Posted 11/7/2012 1:44:28 AM
lengthycobra69 posted...
Hell how will history view 9/11 in 100 years? for all we know the books will blame the irish lol.

You mean it WASN'T the Irish?

Man, do I feel stupid, I went over there screaming at how stupid they were, telling them America was going to bomb them now... WOW!
---
GT: Aldora92 V My most successful thread V
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/950899-final-fantasy-xiii/53936178
#188Trainer_RedPosted 11/7/2012 1:46:06 AM
Only soccer moms get offended over video games, any brit who got offended over this should get in line with the black people who thought RE5 was racist, and the idiots who thought shooting virtual people in a virtual airport in a generic war game is offensive.
#189SurmatisePosted 11/7/2012 2:07:56 AM(edited)
bloodgod92 posted...
Lunacy182 posted...
Are the Brits butt hurt? Did they just find out they lost the revolutionary war or something?

I don't think many of us even knew about the war, they do not teach us anything about it, nor even mention it in history classes at school.

We learn about things that actually affected us, or kings who liked to put it about a bit, like Richard I, Harold Harefoot, Battle of Hastings, the Tudors and WW1+2...

For us, the revolution was insignificant, and not relevant to our country, so we never learned about it.

Really?
I was under the impression Brits where taught more history including American History than Americans. Until I got to college I never learned about anything in school that was pre-American revolution. It was almost like The world just spawned in the 1770s-1780s.

Oh we did learn about the first Europeans to set foot in the Americas but that up until the French and Indian war were all on the same first page of the History books and everything after has its own chapter.
---
Xbox live gamertag: Surmatise
#190bloodgod92Posted 11/7/2012 2:08:14 AM
Surmatise posted...
bloodgod92 posted...
Lunacy182 posted...
Are the Brits butt hurt? Did they just find out they lost the revolutionary war or something?

I don't think many of us even knew about the war, they do not teach us anything about it, nor even mention it in history classes at school.

We learn about things that actually affected us, or kings who liked to put it about a bit, like Richard I, Harold Harefoot, Battle of Hastings, the Tudors and WW1+2...

For us, the revolution was insignificant, and not relevant to our country, so we never learned about it.

Really?
I was under the impression Brits where taught more history including American History than Americans. Until I got to college I never learned about anything in school that was pre-American revolution. It was almost like The world just spawned in the 1770s-1780s

We are taught more history for sure, just not American. Perhaps there are some high schools that teach it, but it is definitely not the norm.

We are only (or mainly) taught about things that shaped our country in some way, and the revolution did not, as it was not even part of this country, just the empire.

In 12 years of school, I never once even heard the words American Revolution, or the name George Washington. The only time I can recall the mention of America was for the WWs and Pearl Harbor...
---
GT: Aldora92 V My most successful thread V
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/950899-final-fantasy-xiii/53936178