So are Brits all butthurt over this game?

#21JaascePosted 11/5/2012 11:23:12 AM
ALLENO31 posted...
Sethrothaurion posted...
As somebody from the UK, I saw no problems with it. The bad things the British did were highlighted, but then so were the good things. Plus I found Shaun served very well as kind of a mediator for Britain. His cynical views on the revolution were amusing, and it kind of gave the game a more neutral feel.

But to be honest, even if the game did but Britain in a bad light, I wouldn't really care. It was 200 years ago.

This.
---
GT: ll Samyool ll
#22buddhamonsterPosted 11/5/2012 11:25:43 AM
The Revolution tends to be portrayed positively for America what with them you know... Winning the thing.

If the Brits are still mad about it, that's on them. We've repaid our debts to them and then some.
---
Hey Trashcan Man! What did old lady Semple say when you burned her pension check?
Boston Bruins - 2011 Stanley Cup Champs!
#23AuraOfSoulsPosted 11/5/2012 11:37:58 AM
Death_Sycthe posted...
Im british and I dont care. It portrays americans just as bad too be honest. I mean essentially both sides are fighting over independance on land which isnt even theirs. Was a pretty crappy thing to do just go and claim someone elses land when it isnt theirs to begin with.

But we had flags! Its the rules! Whoever puts down a flag first owns the land! Not our fault they didn't think of it first! :D
#24SethrothaurionPosted 11/5/2012 11:44:03 AM
buddhamonster posted...
The Revolution tends to be portrayed positively for America what with them you know... Winning the thing.

If the Brits are still mad about it, that's on them. We've repaid our debts to them and then some.

To be fair, you must be speaking to the wrong people. I don't think I've ever heard anybody moan about the Revolution. In fact, most of what I learned about it when I was still in school seemed to place us in a more negative light. I think I can safely say that 99% of the country have either no opinion on it, or a "fair enough" kind of attitude.
---
XBL: DaiHaj
#25SkytheWiz1Posted 11/5/2012 11:46:55 AM
Never understand this thread, with all the times it's popped up.

America won, and clearly everyone else in the world loves us (sarcasm).

On a more serious note, Great Britain and the U.S. are bffs. Great Britain isn't like some deep southern person that wants to re-ignite the Civil War.
---
Pretend there are awe-inspiring lyrics
or oh-so-hilarious quotations here, please.
#26AuraOfSoulsPosted 11/5/2012 11:51:58 AM
SkytheWiz1 posted...
Never understand this thread, with all the times it's popped up.

America won, and clearly everyone else in the world loves us (sarcasm).

On a more serious note, Great Britain and the U.S. are bffs. Great Britain isn't like some deep southern person that wants to re-ignite the Civil War.

Or.... do they? o.O?
#27GLAMPIREPosted 11/5/2012 11:57:12 AM(edited)
Butthurt? Not at all.

Our country is a mess anyway. Look at our current Government, employing a company like Atos too which is finding disabled people fit for work, which in turn is killing people (I hear America even banned Atos, yet our Government is quite happy to employ the murdering scum). Am quite ashamed to be from the UK these days, with everything going on.

Btw, quick edit... I have experience with the whole Atos thing myself too, having disabilities, so can speak up :)

Also... I love this game :)
---
XBL Gamertag Andii Vamp
PSN ID andii_vamp
#28MadellePosted 11/5/2012 11:56:30 AM
The amount of Brits I saw on sites like Eurogamer and PC Gamer railing on how the game allowed you to slaughter redcoats was staggering and fairly disappointing, so i wouldn't be surprised if there's still quite a few.
#29The DevourerPosted 11/5/2012 11:57:54 AM
Shaun irritates me but it's moreso because he has an overly cynical attitude and his snide comments go from being amusing to just droning on about something. He's like that guy that makes a joke, then goes into so much detail that the joke isn't funny anymore and you just want to hit them in the throat so they shut up.

Other than that, I don't see why anyone would be butthurt over the game. Plus, Connor kills lobsterbacks and blues alike.
---
FX6100, HD7970, 8G DDR3 1600, 750G/400/1T SATA2/3, 700W, Logitech G5/G510, Win7
XPS16 - i7 720QM, 6G DDR3@1333, 500G SATA, HD4670 1G, Win7
#30SethrothaurionPosted 11/5/2012 11:58:36 AM
Madelle posted...
The amount of Brits I saw on sites like Eurogamer and PC Gamer railing on how the game allowed you to slaughter redcoats was staggering and fairly disappointing, so i wouldn't be surprised if there's still quite a few.

I'd think that was more likely a reaction to the seemingly one-sided nature of the early trailers and demos. Or just a few nuts looking for any excuse to have a flame war over whose country is better.
---
XBL: DaiHaj