So are Brits all butthurt over this game?

#31The DevourerPosted 11/5/2012 1:03:23 PM
Sethrothaurion posted...
Madelle posted...
The amount of Brits I saw on sites like Eurogamer and PC Gamer railing on how the game allowed you to slaughter redcoats was staggering and fairly disappointing, so i wouldn't be surprised if there's still quite a few.

I'd think that was more likely a reaction to the seemingly one-sided nature of the early trailers and demos. Or just a few nuts looking for any excuse to have a flame war over whose country is better.

I read interviews and stuff from Kotaku about the game and they really just tailored it to look like that to appeal to us (Americans). Because we are so touchy about things and all... I can understand it even though I feel like they shouldn't have.
---
FX6100, HD7970, 8G DDR3 1600, 750G/400/1T SATA2/3, 700W, Logitech G5/G510, Win7
XPS16 - i7 720QM, 6G DDR3@1333, 500G SATA, HD4670 1G, Win7
#32Marcx629Posted 11/5/2012 1:03:25 PM
I don't see why they would be. Though, I kind of want to see how much this game sold on release compared to revelations over there.
---
In case of a Zombie Apocalypse, follow me!
Add my 3DS FC: 2535-4356-9059 Name:Marcx
#33Gojak_v3(Topic Creator)Posted 11/5/2012 1:09:22 PM
The Devourer posted...
Sethrothaurion posted...
Madelle posted...
The amount of Brits I saw on sites like Eurogamer and PC Gamer railing on how the game allowed you to slaughter redcoats was staggering and fairly disappointing, so i wouldn't be surprised if there's still quite a few.

I'd think that was more likely a reaction to the seemingly one-sided nature of the early trailers and demos. Or just a few nuts looking for any excuse to have a flame war over whose country is better.

I read interviews and stuff from Kotaku about the game and they really just tailored it to look like that to appeal to us (Americans). Because we are so touchy about things and all... I can understand it even though I feel like they shouldn't have.

No, it's not about being touchy. It has to do with marketing. They will of course pander to the people in their key marketing demographic. It's marketing 101. You have a country with over 300 million people versus whatever there is in the UK (is it even 10% as much?). Anyway that's the reason they made the commercials favor the Americans more.
#34prdude123Posted 11/5/2012 1:27:49 PM
You mean like the Americans when they saw "Tyranny of King George"? If so, then yes, some are still butthurt.

But you can't blame them for been butthurt if all game trailers are full of American bulls*** and propaganda. Next time don't include propaganda and everyone will be happy.
---
GT: prdude123
#35lengthycobra69Posted 11/5/2012 1:29:50 PM
bottom line someone somewhere gets offended over everything. I mean christ iron man 3 isn't out and OMFG MANDARIN is a racist character! aaaaaaaahhhhhhh

i'm like seriously? so even if people do get mad oh well. still not hurting game sales.
#36prdude123Posted 11/5/2012 1:30:57 PM
Gojak_v3 posted...
The Devourer posted...
Sethrothaurion posted...
Madelle posted...

No, it's not about being touchy. It has to do with marketing. They will of course pander to the people in their key marketing demographic. It's marketing 101. You have a country with over 300 million people versus whatever there is in the UK (is it even 10% as much?). Anyway that's the reason they made the commercials favor the Americans more.

Oh, so if Activision starts to make a game set in China, then it will be ok to be full of Chinese and communist propaganda that insults Americans and British (or anyone else), since in China there are 1.2 billion people, which is more than any other country.

Oh, and the UK has around 30% of the population than USA has, like 70 million people (?).
---
GT: prdude123
#37roguebotPosted 11/5/2012 1:32:46 PM(edited)
The writing is equally bad no matter who they're depicting. I feel sorry for anyone who plays AC for the story.
#38Gojak_v3(Topic Creator)Posted 11/5/2012 1:32:31 PM
prdude123 posted...
You mean like the Americans when they saw "Tyranny of King George"? If so, then yes, some are still butthurt.

But you can't blame them for been butthurt if all game trailers are full of American bulls*** and propaganda. Next time don't include propaganda and everyone will be happy.

My butthurt detector just broke after seeing this post.
#39lengthycobra69Posted 11/5/2012 1:33:49 PM
lol i actually love the story. plus the added bonus of them adding legitimate mohawk dialect makes me know they did their homework. obviously everything is not accurate to the letter since davinchi didn't have a flying machine but still a fun sci fi game
#40ish0turfac3Posted 11/5/2012 1:35:40 PM
aflawedpeace posted...
Why would the Brits be offended over this game, when it's the Americans that do the really horrible deeds?

I have about a months time if you want to go over the evils done by the british empire over the past few centuries.
---
GT: ish0turfac3
Please tell me more while I'm sitting over here in my corner eating popcorn not giving a crap about your opinion.