So are Brits all butthurt over this game?

#41Gojak_v3(Topic Creator)Posted 11/5/2012 1:35:42 PM
prdude123 posted...
Gojak_v3 posted...
The Devourer posted...
Sethrothaurion posted...
Madelle posted...
The amount of Brits I saw on sites like Eurogamer and PC Gamer railing on how the game allowed you to slaughter redcoats was staggering and fairly disappointing, so i wouldn't be surprised if there's still quite a few.

I'd think that was more likely a reaction to the seemingly one-sided nature of the early trailers and demos. Or just a few nuts looking for any excuse to have a flame war over whose country is better.

I read interviews and stuff from Kotaku about the game and they really just tailored it to look like that to appeal to us (Americans). Because we are so touchy about things and all... I can understand it even though I feel like they shouldn't have.

No, it's not about being touchy. It has to do with marketing. They will of course pander to the people in their key marketing demographic. It's marketing 101. You have a country with over 300 million people versus whatever there is in the UK (is it even 10% as much?). Anyway that's the reason they made the commercials favor the Americans more.

Oh, so if Activision starts to make a game set in China, then it will be ok to be full of Chinese and communist propaganda that insults Americans and British (or anyone else), since in China there are 1.2 billion people, which is more than any other country.

Oh, and the UK has around 30% of the population than USA has, like 70 million people (?).

I made it clear in my post that I didn't know what their population was. Also, America is the key demographic. To answer your question. If a game was made and China was the key demo, then yes I would expect to see commercials that reflect that. Your post makes it sound like you don't think that would be true. I don't see why it wouldn't.
#42prdude123Posted 11/5/2012 1:36:50 PM
Gojak_v3 posted...
prdude123 posted...
You mean like the Americans when they saw "Tyranny of King George"? If so, then yes, some are still butthurt.

But you can't blame them for been butthurt if all game trailers are full of American bulls*** and propaganda. Next time don't include propaganda and everyone will be happy.

My butthurt detector just broke after seeing this post.

I'm not even British and actually like the game.

What I said is the truth, whether you like it or not. You can accept it or just keep living in your small, ignorant world.
---
GT: prdude123
#43Gojak_v3(Topic Creator)Posted 11/5/2012 1:42:10 PM
prdude123 posted...
Gojak_v3 posted...
prdude123 posted...
You mean like the Americans when they saw "Tyranny of King George"? If so, then yes, some are still butthurt.

But you can't blame them for been butthurt if all game trailers are full of American bulls*** and propaganda. Next time don't include propaganda and everyone will be happy.

What I said is the truth, whether you like it or not. You can accept it or just keep living in your small, ignorant world.

You make a statement like you did and I'm the one living in an ignorant world. The irony is rich. Also it doesn't matter if you're a Brit or not, you're still butthurt.
#44pure_pervPosted 11/5/2012 1:42:16 PM
Yes. I boycotted the game
---
sort iz a bucket
#45TakuruPosted 11/5/2012 1:43:22 PM
why? This game actually portrays the americans in a bad light. The rebels even are enemies and will try to kill you if you perform high profile actions.
---
http://i923.photobucket.com/albums/ad79/april6e/MichelleJ.gif
#46hyjinx17Posted 11/5/2012 1:44:40 PM
I don't know why they would be. It glorifies the revolution itself through Conner's ideals of freedom while painting the founding fathers in a bit of a harsh light. Sam Adams is manipulative, George Washington is painted as a fool and Paul Revere is an annoying SOB(play the mission where you ride around with him, you'll understand) and the few British generals you kill talk about how they wanted peace so the colonists weren't all wiped out.

Anyone who is butthurt over this game is a fool or an attention whore
---
Rainbow Dash is best pony. The only arguement I will accept is for Twilight Sparkle.
#47lengthycobra69Posted 11/5/2012 1:51:16 PM
funny thing is portraying these people to be that way could be the truth. in reality history as we know it is probably not that accurate. I mean yes we have dates and facts, but we know not of the people's personalities.

200 years from now 10 different books can portray 9/11 10 different ways. and i am sure people will be having talks about it as we are 200 years earlier.
#48prdude123Posted 11/5/2012 1:51:41 PM
Gojak_v3 posted...
prdude123 posted...
Gojak_v3 posted...
prdude123 posted...

You make a statement like you did and I'm the one living in an ignorant world. The irony is rich. Also it doesn't matter if you're a Brit or not, you're still butthurt.

I said the truth - Whether you accept it or not, is your decision.

Tell me what I said that is wrong and makes me an ignorant.
---
GT: prdude123
#49The DevourerPosted 11/5/2012 1:53:35 PM
Gojak_v3 posted...
The Devourer posted...
Sethrothaurion posted...
Madelle posted...
The amount of Brits I saw on sites like Eurogamer and PC Gamer railing on how the game allowed you to slaughter redcoats was staggering and fairly disappointing, so i wouldn't be surprised if there's still quite a few.

I'd think that was more likely a reaction to the seemingly one-sided nature of the early trailers and demos. Or just a few nuts looking for any excuse to have a flame war over whose country is better.

I read interviews and stuff from Kotaku about the game and they really just tailored it to look like that to appeal to us (Americans). Because we are so touchy about things and all... I can understand it even though I feel like they shouldn't have.

No, it's not about being touchy. It has to do with marketing. They will of course pander to the people in their key marketing demographic. It's marketing 101. You have a country with over 300 million people versus whatever there is in the UK (is it even 10% as much?). Anyway that's the reason they made the commercials favor the Americans more.

Don't tell me there wouldn't be a huge outcry if they showed an assassin going around killing the blues like they did with the Brits. People ARE touchy. And I said they tailored it to appeal to us. Not to mention that online of course a lot of things are more tailored to the US, but what does that say about their UK marketing? Do you know how that went?

You literally said nothing different from what I initially said except for that it's not about being touchy, even though, if it weren't about being touchy, why wouldn't they show an unbiased representation of the game? Oh wait... it's a touchy matter to people.
---
FX6100, HD7970, 8G DDR3 1600, 750G/400/1T SATA2/3, 700W, Logitech G5/G510, Win7
XPS16 - i7 720QM, 6G DDR3@1333, 500G SATA, HD4670 1G, Win7
#50Gojak_v3(Topic Creator)Posted 11/5/2012 2:00:37 PM
prdude123 posted...
Gojak_v3 posted...
prdude123 posted...
Gojak_v3 posted...
prdude123 posted...

I said the truth - Whether you accept it or not, is your decision.

Tell me what I said that is wrong and makes me an ignorant.

How about the fact Ubisoft isn't even an American company. Why would they carry the water for supposed American propaganda like you said? As opposed to marketing to their key demo like I said in an above post. This really is a matter of simple common scenes especially since Ubisoft isn't even an American company. Like I said it's marketing 101, but somehow you see propaganda.
More topics from this board...
High profile on default?Jazzo210229/22 9:59PM