So are Brits all butthurt over this game?

#51FMLGPosted 11/5/2012 1:01:48 PM
To be honest, America is more buttmad Or patriotic (probably both).
Most Brits either DGAF, or just can't be arsed to complain. That's pretty much the reasons Brits were portrayed as the enemies more than a neutral outlook.

Also, Brits were the enemy in AC1, kind of... but to be fair, that was justified as that was the standard Arab opinion.
---
Remember FMLG told ya!
Don't you hate it when people copy your sig?
#52ReploidAXZPosted 11/5/2012 1:05:26 PM
Obviously I cannot speak for the entire British public, by that I mean England, i'm pretty sure the Scots, Welsh and Irish don't want to be dragged into this, but I really could not care less.

We are about as "butthurt" as you so eloquently put, as Americans are when playing Men Of War: Vietnam.
---
R.I.P RARE.
#53prdude123Posted 11/5/2012 1:14:18 PM
Gojak_v3 posted...
prdude123 posted...
You mean like the Americans when they saw "Tyranny of King George"? If so, then yes, some are still butthurt.

But you can't blame them for been butthurt if all game trailers are full of American bulls*** and propaganda. Next time don't include propaganda and everyone will be happy.

Tell me what I said that is wrong and makes me an ignorant.

How about the fact Ubisoft isn't even an American company. Why would they carry the water for supposed American propaganda like you said? As opposed to marketing to their key demo like I said in an above post. This really is a matter of simple common scenes especially since Ubisoft isn't even an American company. Like I said it's marketing 101, but somehow you see propaganda.

So, the British must be happy and cant be angry because Ubisoft showed them stuff aimed at the American people and not to them? You saw how idiotic that is?

How the f*** are the British supposed to be happy and content if all they get show is stuff aimed at the American public and that portrays them as bad and evil?

Sooooo, if the game I mentioned earlier, that is set in China. I guess it will be okay if the developer showed the Americans the same communist, anti American propaganda that was aimed at the Chinese and not them. The Americans will be very happy and content with the game and wont get angry at the communist, anti American campaign, since that marketing (Even though it is been show in USA) campaign was made for China and not them?
---
GT: prdude123
#54prdude123Posted 11/5/2012 1:15:23 PM
Gojak_v3 posted...
prdude123 posted...
You mean like the Americans when they saw "Tyranny of King George"? If so, then yes, some are still butthurt.

But you can't blame them for been butthurt if all game trailers are full of American bulls*** and propaganda. Next time don't include propaganda and everyone will be happy.

How about the fact Ubisoft isn't even an American company. Why would they carry the water for supposed American propaganda like you said? As opposed to marketing to their key demo like I said in an above post. This really is a matter of simple common scenes especially since Ubisoft isn't even an American company. Like I said it's marketing 101, but somehow you see propaganda.

So, the British must be happy and cant be angry because Ubisoft showed them stuff aimed at the American people and not to them? You saw how idiotic that is?

How the f*** are the British supposed to be happy and content if all they get show is stuff aimed at the American public and that portrays them as bad and evil?

Sooooo, if the game I mentioned earlier, that is set in China. I guess it will be okay if the developer showed the Americans the same communist, anti American propaganda that was aimed at the Chinese and not them. The Americans will be very happy and content with the game and wont get angry at the communist, anti American campaign, since that marketing (Even though it is been show in USA) campaign was made for China and not them?
---
#55prdude123Posted 11/5/2012 1:15:51 PM
Ops double posted accidentally.
---
#56PlanescapedPosted 11/5/2012 1:18:02 PM
"Merika, f*** yeah! *ejaculates over the flag*

Sure not every person in Merika is like that, just like not every person from the UK has a collective thought and opinion on the revolution.

In summation, the topic question is as herp as it is derp..
---
The clouds pass... the rain does its work and all individual beings flow into their forms." The Book of Changes
#57invidoverlordPosted 11/5/2012 1:31:40 PM
all i know is that when i was on a cruise 7 years ago and met a English woman we had drink and talked most of the night and i brought up the revolutionary war and she said that its not taught like anything near what we are taught. she made it out to be like a cliff note of a incident across the pond for them while it was the start of a country for us
---
I like Robotech and Cookies
#58Gojak_v3(Topic Creator)Posted 11/5/2012 1:43:05 PM
prdude123 posted...
Gojak_v3 posted...
prdude123 posted...

How do you still not get this? To go back to the China example if China is the key demo for a game then Yes I expect to see advertising that reflects that. So take a theoretical game where China is the good guy and America the bad guy. First, China is the key demo. Second, I wouldn't expect it to see well in America but that's besides the point. There have been games, movies, books, etc where America isn't portrayed in the best light so I don't see why you keep bringing this up. My answer is yes you will see advertising pander to the Chinese if China is the key demo. Again it's basic marketing. You pander to your key demo. It doesn't matter if it's China or America.

You also just ignored the part where I told you Ubisoft isn't even an American company. Why would they carry the water for American propaganda then? Again it's marketing, not propaganda.
#59TheMilkman99Posted 11/5/2012 1:43:41 PM
I'm a Canadian and was a little worried that this game would be like the Patriot movie, but I'm glad to see how it looks at different perspectives. Connor frequently points out contradictions within some famous Americans, Shaun has awesome quips in all of his historical entries, and the British commit the occasional atrocities without specific Templar influence. I'm impressed by the near-neutrality present in the game.
---
"...Pierce, do I even have to say it? Hunting man for sport is bad."
"Heh. Badass!" - Community, S2E2
#60Simo1863Posted 11/5/2012 1:44:11 PM
I'm not offended and like the setting. It isn't a part of history mentioned much outside the US so that makes it interesting. Also, the empire was pretty tyrannical although north America didn't see the worst of it.

Yes there is more to it than that with the English protecting the colonies during the 7 year war, getting in debt doing so and then having the revolution start when taxes were raised to pay that debt (oddly ironic really).

Besides, we don't really get buthurt. For a country as small as ours to control so much of the world for such a length of time was an achievement in itself and we never could have held onto it all.

Most see the US as a younger brother that grew to be bigger yet not quite as cultured.

You can't forget that it (and the boar war) also help put and end to the stupid field tactics and prancing about in red coats for a comparitively low cost.