So are Brits all butthurt over this game?

#61daigre7Posted 11/5/2012 1:48:17 PM
The major events in the game have to be anti-British because Brits = Templars. However, if you hit the start button during the popup and read the text about each major event, it's a much more fair analysis. I know this might scare some people, but you might even learn something in the process.
---
PSN - Hand_Banana
#62Legendary_MusasPosted 11/5/2012 1:54:32 PM(edited)
Not really, happened over 300 years ago, no one alive today knew anyone alive back then and I agree mostly with the colonists.

Also we got Haytham out of it, he's almost as suave and awesome as Ezio was.

To note aswell, the American Revolution as far as I'm aware isn't even taught in schools over here (at least I wasn't), I literally learnt most from the Patriot, seriously (basically nothing then). We are taught more about World War 1 and 2 and also the invasion of the Romans and all that entails.
---
I was born of your dreams. If you believe in me... ...there is nothing I cannot do
#63Arctic_SunrisePosted 11/5/2012 1:51:28 PM
Yeah, I love Haytham. Not bothered by the slant. Not only am I not much of a patriot, but the British Empire was a giant, festering arse.
---
"I love finding threads like these, it's like walking outside and finding the city's been bombed while you were sleeping." - Blighboy
#64daniel79Posted 11/5/2012 1:55:28 PM
I'm a brit and butthurt. I don't get enough time to play the game as much as I like...
#65Krystal109Posted 11/5/2012 2:00:19 PM
This game doesn't glorify ANYTHING.

If shows how things were:
* The French were one of the only reasons the Patriots won
* The Founding Fathers are NOT all shiny are sweet and innocent, they did dirty things, lied to the people, spread propaganda that helped their cause
* The British LOST

It's HISTORY.... there is no glorifying facts. It shows just how dirty both sides played, but how is that any different that where we are today. Nothing has changed.
#66TheNoctariusPosted 11/5/2012 2:21:07 PM
I don't think they are, numbers have already proven the british to love this game.
---
Okay, from now on I'll blacklist anyone who calls their character a "toon" at first sight, without exceptions.
#67jivedjPosted 11/5/2012 2:29:03 PM(edited)
Eh Ubisoft took a big **** on Americans and the British. I like how they didn't pander to one side and showed that both sides had their own noble as well as selfish justifications for their positions.
#68bloodgod92Posted 11/5/2012 2:38:20 PM(edited)
No, why would we be? None of us fought in the war, we never lost anything... the only thing that happened was america broke away from us, but the gap was so big anyway that it was and still is of little importance.

Americans get all stuck up on the revolution, but us brits are not even taught about it in schools, because it has/had no real impact on us.

I can also say that most Natives of "America" should be happy that this game shows what happened from their point of view, IE, your so special founding fathers oppressed them and drove them from their own lands, if the Brits had won, I am sure there would be more happy natives then there are nowadays...
---
GT: Aldora92 V My most successful thread V
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/950899-final-fantasy-xiii/53936178
#69ZechsPeacecraftPosted 11/5/2012 2:34:43 PM
Hard to see how they could when American's weren't portrayed favorably,

especially at the end where they back stab Connor and takes his people's land while also imposing law and order very similar to how the British did not five years prior.
---
"It's the stronger that make the weaker"- Milliardo Peacecraft
#70EVE6 FANPosted 11/5/2012 2:36:30 PM
daigre7 posted...
The major events in the game have to be anti-British because Brits = Templars. However, if you hit the start button during the popup and read the text about each major event, it's a much more fair analysis. I know this might scare some people, but you might even learn something in the process.

*GASP*

LEARN something? F*** that, im playing a video game not going to school.
---
PsN: Ultraviolence (L in violence is a cap i)