So are Brits all butthurt over this game?

#71LegendsWarriorPosted 11/5/2012 3:38:56 PM
Speaking as a Brit, I dont see any reason to be upset by this at all. The British did terrible things back then, as did the American colonists. In fairness, America deserved its independence, regardless of the bad things that happended, and the British had no right to treat the Americans as they did. But I think the bigger picture here should be that its not that either the British or the Americans suffered, the point the game is trying to make is actually that the Native Americans and slaves were the ones that suffered because of our collective greed. If anything this game is revenge for these people... And in fairness, its a pretty sweet game!
#72minervalovePosted 11/5/2012 3:40:08 PM
Thankfully, Shaun points out this 'moral high ground' Americans tend to have about their notion of 'freedom' when all the rebels ever achieved was freedom of their own kind.

Connor does a few times too.

Brits deserve to be the bad guys because of the horrible things we have done, and all the taxation and corruption makes us glad that they lost this war.

It's just, it's not a victory, the whole thing was a mess in the first place, it's frustrating that Americans feel national pride about the whole thing-- Thanksgiving is a f***ed up holiday.
#73M_RUTTER2K8Posted 11/5/2012 3:48:12 PM
This topic is brought up all the time by Americans, and every time they get the same response.

The British simply don't care. Ignoring the fact that it was 300 years ago and none of you fought in it so it's stupid to care about it in the first place, British history stretches on for hundreds and hundreds of years. They've had far more interesting things happen in their history, whereas Americans have a very short history and so cling to their revolution, while pretending that everybody else cares as much as they do.
#74EVE6 FANPosted 11/5/2012 3:55:53 PM
M_RUTTER2K8 posted...
This topic is brought up all the time by Americans, and every time they get the same response.

The British simply don't care. Ignoring the fact that it was 300 years ago and none of you fought in it so it's stupid to care about it in the first place, British history stretches on for hundreds and hundreds of years. They've had far more interesting things happen in their history, whereas Americans have a very short history and so cling to their revolution, while pretending that everybody else cares as much as they do.

Hah, thats a biased opinion if ive ever seen one. in the small amount of time we've been a nation, we've impacted the world as a whole more than any nation before us; we might not have a rich history, but we're currently the ones writing and shaping the history books. We dont have to cling onto anything because if anything major happens in the world, you better know the US is at the forefront of that.

If anything, the topic is brought up by trolls looking for responses like this. i mean, we in the US really do not care. We f***ing won, why should we care? It's a joke to us. All we have to say is "um, we won" and the conversation is over.
---
PsN: Ultraviolence (L in violence is a cap i)
#75minervalovePosted 11/5/2012 3:56:59 PM
EVE6 FAN posted...
M_RUTTER2K8 posted...

Hah, thats a biased opinion if ive ever seen one. in the small amount of time we've been a nation, we've impacted the world as a whole more than any nation before us; we might not have a rich history, but we're currently the ones writing and shaping the history books. We dont have to cling onto anything because if anything major happens in the world, you better know the US is at the forefront of that.

If anything, the topic is brought up by trolls looking for responses like this. i mean, we in the US really do not care. We f***ing won, why should we care? It's a joke to us. All we have to say is "um, we won" and the conversation is over.

*groan*
#76JackApostrophePosted 11/5/2012 4:00:00 PM
The only thing that offended me was the use of extremely anti-British adverts over here in the UK, but only because it struck me as stupid, not because of the content itself.

And just in case anyone tries to accuse me of any sort of bias or being "butthurt", I'm half and half, born in the UK to an American family.
#77AForgottenHeroPosted 11/5/2012 4:01:11 PM
No.

I don't happen to be, at least. My friends nor family are butthurt either.
---
"I was leaving, but now I am going to feed you your teeth."
#78Arctic_SunrisePosted 11/5/2012 4:01:59 PM
EVE6 FAN posted...
M_RUTTER2K8 posted...

Easy, boys. Everyone involved is long dead.
---
"I love finding threads like these, it's like walking outside and finding the city's been bombed while you were sleeping." - Blighboy
#79Scion_MachinaPosted 11/5/2012 4:03:08 PM
Why would they care? I mean we all know how bad America is doing and this country is being what is basically the world's butt end for endless amount of "America Sucks" types of jokes. If anyone who should be butthurt,it is the Americans.
---
Let this be a lesson kids. When debating,solve your disagreements not with words but by screaming,"I am a man!!!!" and punching them in the gut.
#80bloodgod92Posted 11/5/2012 4:05:24 PM
EVE6 FAN posted...
M_RUTTER2K8 posted...

Brits don't care about it, it was not important to us. You may only have to say "We won" but it doesn't count as ending an argument if you are the one who brought the subject up. Brits have no reason to bring it up, as we are not even taught about it in school.

You claim that America is at the forefront of everything, to that I say, Britain has/had one of the largest ever empires, yet is only a small country, and also, there would be no America without us Brits... don't forget to thank us for making you what you are today.
---
GT: Aldora92 V My most successful thread V
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/950899-final-fantasy-xiii/53936178