Is there a reason I can't unlock the fast travel markers in the frontier?

#1iHoldWithFirePosted 11/5/2012 2:21:26 PM
Or is it just another one of the lovely bugs I've grown so fond of and wish more games had them..... But seriously, I know where they are thanks to my guide but WhyTF won't they unlock, am I missing something? Thanks
#2Triple_C_SPosted 11/5/2012 2:23:37 PM
There really aren't many fast travel markers out there, but the 2 forts serve as fast travels. Also, you should have one at your home village way up north as well as one in Concord or Lexington (the one more to the west on the map) near the general store.
#3iHoldWithFire(Topic Creator)Posted 11/5/2012 2:27:48 PM
Triple_C_S posted...
There really aren't many fast travel markers out there, but the 2 forts serve as fast travels. Also, you should have one at your home village way up north as well as one in Concord or Lexington (the one more to the west on the map) near the general store.

Thanks. Just a heads up, there's 3 in the frontier. In case that wasn't a typo.
1-NW corner 2-SW corner 3-SW of the New York exit.

The one at my village unlocked and I've scoured all over e general store but nothing. Must be buggin'. Thanks anyway
#4LunarAmbiencePosted 11/5/2012 3:49:04 PM(edited)
No, and I made a topic about it earlier. The one by the harbormaster is the worst. But I got the other two trading post ones - with some difficulty. The superstitious pattern I had to implement is to go inside and trade with the guy, then come out and climb on the roof and look around. The FT icon pops up on a road nearby.

For some reason this doesn't work with the southwest trading post FT for some damn reason.

Buggy as all hell.
---
The above is both true and false.
#5LunarAmbiencePosted 11/5/2012 3:51:06 PM
For good measure, here's a map.

http://www.gamedynamo.com/images/galleries/photo/2909/assassins-creed-3-iii-ac3-frontier-map-feathers-fast-travel-harbormaster-viewpoints-forts-almanac-pages-chests.jpg
---
#6LazyDave1Posted 11/5/2012 3:51:26 PM
On the topic of fast travelling, why did they bother to put fast travel icons right next to Harbormasters, which also function as fast travel icons?
---
I was too lazy to come up with a decent username. So what?
#7LunarAmbiencePosted 11/5/2012 4:28:27 PM
I know, right? >_> Kinda useless...
---
#8JummedPosted 11/5/2012 4:44:32 PM
I can't unlock the SW fast travel icon in the Frontier either. Has anyone been able to?
---
Because black people didn't exist during the cold war obviously. - JDM_Jev
#9Cubbies25Posted 11/5/2012 4:53:08 PM
I can't unlock the one by the harbor master either. It's the only one I haven't gotten yet.
#10CarpetfluffPosted 11/5/2012 4:56:06 PM
Jummed posted...
I can't unlock the SW fast travel icon in the Frontier either. Has anyone been able to?

I think they unlock when you use the shops. I can fast travel all over the frontier, but it's worth noting that you can only use them once you've used a main icon to travel to the frontier; then the other icons will be available for use once you get there.