Are Altair and Ezio more skilled than Connor?

#61LuminairePosted 11/7/2012 5:02:54 PM
The only aspect of the Assassin where I could see Ezio being more skilled than Altair is his free running. Altair otherwise is more skilled. His feats are better than Ezio. There's no getting around that. Imagine how beastly he'd be if he had Ezio's gadgets.
---
XboxLIVE! GamerTag: MisterGuyMan (Geo War Score: 8.3 mill.)
Now Playing:Oblivion/GoW(X360), Vagrant Story (PS)
#62Strategist103Posted 11/7/2012 5:13:16 PM
Luminaire posted...
I'd like to add that if we're giving everyone every tool they've ever had then Altair with his Apple doesn't even make this a close contest at all.

Strategist103 posted...
Ezio has been flashy when he was younger but in Revelations he's become more brutal in combat. For instance, when Ezio was trying to kill both Cesare and Rodrigo, he simply dropped Cesare from a castle and lept from a chandelier to kill Rodrigo in a room full of priests and guards, respectively. Ezio in his old age was as lethal as can be for an old assasssin. Ezio did rely on a lot of tools to get his job done, but the ways he implemented these tools was creative and doesn't indicate he lacked in skill. Ezio, much like Altair, was a proficient combatant. In their old age, compared to Altair both are equal, given their advanced age.

You have to take major points from Ezio though since after he stabbed Rodrigo, the Pope got up and beat Ezio in a sword fight. Something like that would never happen to Altair. I'd also put the Cesare assassination including that battle below Altair's assassination of Robert. Even though Ezio had more tools, Altair accomplished better feats.

Even though Ezio was beaten by the pope, he did ultimately win against the pope and spared his life. Like Ezio lost the battle but eventually won the war(aka beating Rodrigo in hand to hand combat). Altair has been in more dangerous situations compared to Ezio, which could be attributed to his long career as an assassin. But its interesting to note that prior to Altair defeating his mentor, no templar or enemy had access to a piece of eden. So, the likelihood of Altair being caught in a illusion would have been very low. The piece of eden made it so that Ezio would assume he is the winner. His efforts to kill Rodrigo weren't in vain, they were just prolonged. I think that skill in terms of being an assassin, Altair beats Connor and Ezio just because he has more battlefield experience. However, I think that Ezio's skill isn't in him being the most skillful assassin but him being a creative one for his time. Altair could be seen as the revolutionary assassin, where he developed what would prove to be the basis of the new assassin's creed. Ezio is merely a student of Altair's knowledge. When I rated the assassin's it was in terms of creativity. But if it were prowess and precision, Altair would be first, no doubt about it.
#63KajexXIVPosted 11/7/2012 5:30:26 PM
Luminaire posted...
The only aspect of the Assassin where I could see Ezio being more skilled than Altair is his free running. Altair otherwise is more skilled. His feats are better than Ezio. There's no getting around that. Imagine how beastly he'd be if he had Ezio's gadgets.

Altair invented most of Ezios gadgets. He had Leo craft them from the blueprints Altair drafted.
#64Deadpool_FTWPosted 11/7/2012 5:33:43 PM
Apex1619 posted...
Altair- The most knowledgeable and wise
Ezio- Flashy and undeniably the most skilled assassin. He does owe his skill to Altair but he is still the most skilled
Connor- Has been stated as the strongest and most brutal

I like this.
---
OBJECTION!
My common sense is tingling!
#65areeb319(Topic Creator)Posted 11/7/2012 5:41:01 PM
I'm lovin Connors brutal Attacks! Makes me feel... Like a savage!
---
AC3 ending is stupid as hell...
PSN-{MLP}Addi97319
#66McFazzerPosted 11/7/2012 5:53:26 PM
The thing is, the Assassin I would want watching my back is Connor. If we had been out drinking together and some thugs were looking for trouble, I would want the guy who would punch their faces in. No mocking, no florish, simply scaring the bajeezus out of them.
---
Doors are for people with no imagination.
#67pennydemonPosted 11/7/2012 6:35:36 PM
Altair is stealthy and efficient.
Ezio is crafty and adaptable.
Connor is tough and athletic.
---
I'm afraid, Dave.
#68cbast1Posted 11/7/2012 7:56:55 PM
Connor knife fights bears for fun and profit.

What else needs to be said?
#69DrunkenPeasantPosted 11/7/2012 10:26:55 PM
areeb319 posted...
I'm lovin Connors brutal Attacks! Makes me feel... Like a savage!

I know right? It's actually better to NOT sneak around in this game and just wipe put an entire redcoat detachment with a tomahawk, Connor was built for this!
---
"I used to rescue presidents, then I took an arrow in the knee...and still rescued the president." -Snake Plissken
#70ZechsPeacecraftPosted 11/7/2012 11:09:01 PM
Morter posted...
EzraGenesis posted...
Altair was probably the most skilled. He became a Master Assassin at 26, but he was also born into the brotherhood. Ezio became an assassin at 17 and a master at 40. Idk about Connor yet, but I don't think he was born into the brotherhood either.

I'll ask again: Does anyone have any video demonstrating Altair's fighting technique?

Stop being lazy and look yourself
---
"It's the stronger that make the weaker"- Milliardo Peacecraft