Are Altair and Ezio more skilled than Connor?

#71LuminairePosted 11/8/2012 9:18:55 AM
Strategist103 posted...
Even though Ezio was beaten by the pope, he did ultimately win against the pope and spared his life. Like Ezio lost the battle but eventually won the war(aka beating Rodrigo in hand to hand combat). Altair has been in more dangerous situations compared to Ezio, which could be attributed to his long career as an assassin. But its interesting to note that prior to Altair defeating his mentor, no templar or enemy had access to a piece of eden. So, the likelihood of Altair being caught in a illusion would have been very low. The piece of eden made it so that Ezio would assume he is the winner. His efforts to kill Rodrigo weren't in vain, they were just prolonged. I think that skill in terms of being an assassin, Altair beats Connor and Ezio just because he has more battlefield experience. However, I think that Ezio's skill isn't in him being the most skillful assassin but him being a creative one for his time. Altair could be seen as the revolutionary assassin, where he developed what would prove to be the basis of the new assassin's creed. Ezio is merely a student of Altair's knowledge. When I rated the assassin's it was in terms of creativity. But if it were prowess and precision, Altair would be first, no doubt about it.

The comparison is about their skill. If Altair were given an opportunity to kill an unsuspecting Rodrigo, there's no question that Altair would need a second chance. If Altair had the Apple, his legendary set of armor &sword and he had to kill Rodrigo wearing nothing but a robe and even if he had the staff, the fight would not end with Rodrigo stabbing Altair. I'm not sure what you're talking about with the Apple.

Ezio's most impressive stuff is his free running. He completed lot of the secret dungeons in 8 minutes or 6 minutes or whatever.

Altair is the best and most reliable Assassin.
Ezio is the best free runner.
Connor so far is the best survivalist and has the potential to get better.

KajexXIV posted...
Altair invented most of Ezios gadgets. He had Leo craft them from the blueprints Altair drafted.

Absolutely true he never had access to all of those tools until after he was old. The hidden gun was first unveiled when he was so old he could barely run. Even saying that, the most lethal version of Altair is ironically Old Man Altair with the apple. He could dozens of people in under a second.
---
XboxLIVE! GamerTag: MisterGuyMan (Geo War Score: 8.3 mill.)
Now Playing:Oblivion/GoW(X360), Vagrant Story (PS)
#72Strategist103Posted 11/8/2012 11:59:19 AM
Luminaire posted...
Strategist103 posted...
Even though Ezio was beaten by the pope, he did ultimately win against the pope and spared his life. Like Ezio lost the battle but eventually won the war(aka beating Rodrigo in hand to hand combat). Altair has been in more dangerous situations compared to Ezio, which could be attributed to his long career as an assassin. But its interesting to note that prior to Altair defeating his mentor, no templar or enemy had access to a piece of eden. So, the likelihood of Altair being caught in a illusion would have been very low. The piece of eden made it so that Ezio would assume he is the winner. His efforts to kill Rodrigo weren't in vain, they were just prolonged. I think that skill in terms of being an assassin, Altair beats Connor and Ezio just because he has more battlefield experience. However, I think that Ezio's skill isn't in him being the most skillful assassin but him being a creative one for his time. Altair could be seen as the revolutionary assassin, where he developed what would prove to be the basis of the new assassin's creed. Ezio is merely a student of Altair's knowledge. When I rated the assassin's it was in terms of creativity. But if it were prowess and precision, Altair would be first, no doubt about it.

The comparison is about their skill. If Altair were given an opportunity to kill an unsuspecting Rodrigo, there's no question that Altair would need a second chance. If Altair had the Apple, his legendary set of armor &sword and he had to kill Rodrigo wearing nothing but a robe and even if he had the staff, the fight would not end with Rodrigo stabbing Altair. I'm not sure what you're talking about with the Apple.

Ezio's most impressive stuff is his free running. He completed lot of the secret dungeons in 8 minutes or 6 minutes or whatever.

Altair is the best and most reliable Assassin.
Ezio is the best free runner.
Connor so far is the best survivalist and has the potential to get better.

KajexXIV posted...
Altair invented most of Ezios gadgets. He had Leo craft them from the blueprints Altair drafted.

Absolutely true he never had access to all of those tools until after he was old. The hidden gun was first unveiled when he was so old he could barely run. Even saying that, the most lethal version of Altair is ironically Old Man Altair with the apple. He could dozens of people in under a second.

I see where you are coming from and I don't mean any disrespect in my previous or following critique. In response to your Altair's hypothetical battle with Rodrigo, how would you know that Altair would be protected from the effects of the staff? Ezio had the apple as well, but he couldn't protect himself from Borgia's attack. In my previous posts, I addressed skill in terms of creativity and battlefield experience. In my criteria of skill in battlefield experience, I agree with your opinion.

In addition to your comment abt. Ezio's legendary free running skills, Altair was also very skill in free running, however I can't think of any significant challenges where Altair would also be considered legendary. In the Assassin's history, Ezio is often attributed to being a legendary free runner, just because there's been more recorded history of his free running exploits.
#73dedbusPosted 11/8/2012 2:35:14 PM
I see where you are coming from and I don't mean any disrespect in my previous or following critique. In response to your Altair's hypothetical battle with Rodrigo, how would you know that Altair would be protected from the effects of the staff? Ezio had the apple as well, but he couldn't protect himself from Borgia's attack. In my previous posts, I addressed skill in terms of creativity and battlefield experience. In my criteria of skill in battlefield experience, I agree with your opinion.

Al Mualim said that when he tried to use the piece of eden on Altair it didn't work because of his raw willpower and devotion to the creed. But it could also be his first civilization dna was at a stronger concentration than Ezio's would be.

Part of that makes sense since the assassins were tighter knit and secluded for so long but at the same time it would have been so long from the first humans breaking out of the First Civilazation and so short of a time from Atair to Ezio to make a difference.
#74Strategist103Posted 11/8/2012 6:19:32 PM
dedbus posted...

Al Mualim said that when he tried to use the piece of eden on Altair it didn't work because of his raw willpower and devotion to the creed. But it could also be his first civilization dna was at a stronger concentration than Ezio's would be.

Part of that makes sense since the assassins were tighter knit and secluded for so long but at the same time it would have been so long from the first humans breaking out of the First Civilazation and so short of a time from Atair to Ezio to make a difference.

Didn't consider that devotion and willpower to the creed would protect Altair. After doing some research, I found that Ezio was actually immune to the effects of the staff too b/c he had a piece of eden. And that Ezio had actually tackled Rodrigo to the ground. I always remembered me air assassinating him because there was an animation. But in the story Ezio tackles Rodrigo but doesn't stab him yet.
---
Kick it up a notch
#75areeb319(Topic Creator)Posted 11/8/2012 6:59:35 PM
If Connor will be in the next game, then i'm excited to see his combat, just like Ezio was better in Brotherhood than 2.
---
AC3 ending is stupid as hell...
PSN-{MLP}Addi97319
#76LuminairePosted 11/9/2012 3:18:57 AM
Altair is just normally more resistant and competent with artifacts than even other assassins. In Revelations the entire Assassin stronghold was rolling on the ground uselessly from the effects of the Apple whereas Altair could still function, for example. Then there's Mualim's own observations about Altair's immunity. Assassin First Civilization genetic inbreeding can explain why Altair was so special but it's clear that even among Assassins this was rare.

I think it's clear that Ezio stabbed Rodrigo. I'm not sure if there's a novel or something that says differently but the games' canon take priority over the other source material. In the game Ezio either has to shoot Rodrigo or air assassinate him to trigger the cutscene. Both options are generally lethal and the following cutscene rules out the gun since Ezio is physically right on top of Rodrigo.
---
XboxLIVE! GamerTag: MisterGuyMan (Geo War Score: 8.3 mill.)
Now Playing:Oblivion/GoW(X360), Vagrant Story (PS)