My AC3 copy is sealed, each time I want to open I see a new complain? Why?

#1BloodLoverForeverPosted 11/7/2012 12:44:07 PM
I bought the game but didnt open it yet, still sealed so I can return it and replace it with either Dishonored or Halo which I haven't decided yet.

Each time I want to open it I see a new complain in the board.
People complain that the character is not as good as Ezio, others complain that the game is too long! If it was short people would complain the opposite!

Major complains about the game being boring and not interesting to finish. Now if this is true then I might really replace it with either Halo or Dishonored as nothing is worse than forcing yourself to finish a game that you don't like.

I hated brotherhood but really loved AC2, now what some people say is that this is the worst in the series which worries me a lot considering how average revelation was.
---
BLF
#2DaggerbornPosted 11/7/2012 12:46:10 PM
BloodLoverForever posted...
I bought the game but didnt open it yet, still sealed so I can return it and replace it with either Dishonored or Halo which I haven't decided yet.

Each time I want to open it I see a new complain in the board.
People complain that the character is not as good as Ezio, others complain that the game is too long! If it was short people would complain the opposite!

Major complains about the game being boring and not interesting to finish. Now if this is true then I might really replace it with either Halo or Dishonored as nothing is worse than forcing yourself to finish a game that you don't like.

I hated brotherhood but really loved AC2, now what some people say is that this is the worst in the series which worries me a lot considering how average revelation was.

In my opinion people will complain about just about anything. One guy started a petition because the hero wears his hood down at one point in the story. Yes REALLY. I would say if you are the really picky type you might not like it, but if you can just sit, relax and lose yourself in a game, then just open the box and play it.
---
"A very small man can cast a very large shadow"
#3SkytheWiz1Posted 11/7/2012 12:48:51 PM(edited)
I've put forty hours into the game.

Given that, it's a really good game that's worth playing... but I would honestly Redbox it or Gamefly it. Once you've beaten the SP, there's really not much else to go on.

And MP is an updated and slightly adjusted remake of previous games.

It's fun. It's glitchy at times, and the game does a poor job of telling you how to incorporate new things (such as the Homestead missions), but I'd give it an 8/10.

But yeah - if Redbox, Gamefly, etc. is available to you, I'd recommend that instead.

Daggerborn posted...
In my opinion people will complain about just about anything. One guy started a petition because the hero wears his hood down at one point in the story. Yes REALLY. I would say if you are the really picky type you might not like it, but if you can just sit, relax and lose yourself in a game, then just open the box and play it.

I didn't make the petition, but I'd like to clarify:
"One point in the story" is actually the entire end-game. Once you beat the game, unless you have a specific outfit on, his hood remains down, revealing an incredibly noticeable moehawk (which makes it all the more difficult to believe that no one recognizes him as an assassin).

---
Pretend there are awe-inspiring lyrics
or oh-so-hilarious quotations here, please.
#4AuraOfSoulsPosted 11/7/2012 12:47:39 PM(edited)
You are on GameFAQs... where majority come to whine and b****. They will out weigh the positive comments because the players that enjoy the game are to busy playing it. Its a good game. I recommend it.
#5aflawedpeacePosted 11/7/2012 12:54:33 PM(edited)
AuraOfSouls posted...
You are on GameFAQs... where majority come to whine and b****. They will out way the positive comments because the players that enjoy the game are to busy playing it. Its a good game. I recommend it.

You and others like you are the reason game developers keep launching games with broken glitches. You want to pretend this game is not without many glaring negatives. The rampant glitches being the most notable offenses. It's important that we as gamers let Ubisoft know of these things, or they will never be fixed in future releases.
#6kdogg69Posted 11/7/2012 12:54:19 PM
I've played and beaten all of the AC games, and I would say that this is the best one overall. There are some minor issues at times - camera, quest glitching - but the streamlining of combat and free running in addition to a much more interactive gaming world are improvements from where I'm sitting. 40+ hours & a few swear words in and I'm still enjoying it.
---
PSN: kdogg54 ... XBL: kcjr5wc4
Playing right now: NBA 2k13 , Borderlands 2
#7pothocketPosted 11/7/2012 12:54:33 PM
Get Dishonored! It's an amazing and immersive game and you'll feel like an actual assassin! It's also a new IP, which is good considering how rare it is for non-sequals these days.

Borderlands 2
Assassin Creed 3
Black Ops 2
Halo 4

same old same old
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#8cheezedadadaPosted 11/7/2012 12:55:31 PM
aflawedpeace posted...
AuraOfSouls posted...
You are on GameFAQs... where majority come to whine and b****. They will out way the positive comments because the players that enjoy the game are to busy playing it. Its a good game. I recommend it.

You and others like you are the reason game developers keep launching games with broken glitches. You want to pretend this game is not without many glaring negatives. The rampant glitches being the most notable offenses. It's important that we as gamers let Ubisoft know of these things or they will never be fixed, or addressed in future releases.

Whining about glitches is fine. Whining about a mohawk is extremely petty and stupid. Most of the gamefaqs people make petty complaints and dont focus on the important ones. The glitch threads are fine..
---
"And the companies get those blank dvds for pennies, burn to them, then sell them for $60. That's ok?"
-TheGlow
#9AuraOfSoulsPosted 11/7/2012 12:58:42 PM
aflawedpeace posted...
AuraOfSouls posted...

You and others like you are the reason game developers keep launching games with broken glitches. You want to pretend this game is not without many glaring negatives. The rampant glitches being the most notable offenses. It's important that we as gamers let Ubisoft know of these things or they will never be fixed, or addressed in future releases.

Or you could just stop buying their games and get on with your life instead of treating a glitchy video game like its a life changing debate. If a game is glitchy... the developers know and if they care they will fix it. People like you coming to a website on a daily if not hourly basis just to gripe and complain, reposting the same damn topic over and over, doesn't do anything.
#10DaggerbornPosted 11/7/2012 1:08:42 PM
SkytheWiz1 posted...
I've put forty hours into the game.

Given that, it's a really good game that's worth playing... but I would honestly Redbox it or Gamefly it. Once you've beaten the SP, there's really not much else to go on.

And MP is an updated and slightly adjusted remake of previous games.

It's fun. It's glitchy at times, and the game does a poor job of telling you how to incorporate new things (such as the Homestead missions), but I'd give it an 8/10.

But yeah - if Redbox, Gamefly, etc. is available to you, I'd recommend that instead.

Daggerborn posted...

I didn't make the petition, but I'd like to clarify:
"One point in the story" is actually the entire end-game. Once you beat the game, unless you have a specific outfit on, his hood remains down, revealing an incredibly noticeable moehawk (which makes it all the more difficult to believe that no one recognizes him as an assassin).

I'm sorry, did you just say that because someone has war paint on and a mohawk that they are definitely an assassin?
---
"A very small man can cast a very large shadow"