The Epilogue (HUGE spoilers)

#21KajexXIVPosted 11/9/2012 12:55:50 AM
FredCat07 posted...
Lankeyguy posted...
jivedj posted...
Or MAYYYBBEE someone from the future has been reliving DESMOND'S memories this entire time!! ERRRMAAGERRRDDDDD!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8Kyi0WNg40

Except the fact Desmond did not have a kid at the end of the game.

Clay in Brotherhood mentioned that Desmond had a son... "Your son..."

Irrelevant. You can't relive the memories of an ancestor after they procreate with someone with the next ancestor as a result. If Desmond's "son" were the one really in the animus, we couldn't relive any memories of Desmond's past Desmond's son's conception.
#22LoveunitPosted 11/9/2012 1:45:54 AM
Maybe it's someone related to Desmond?

Ezio and Altair were from two different bloodlines but they were both Desmond's ancestors, so maybe it's somebody who is also a descendant of Connor? What are the chances though...

Hope they explain it in the next game instead of tagging it as 'irrelevant'.
#23wooclsPosted 11/9/2012 2:03:39 AM
Unpure_Euphoria posted...
Bofadeese posted...
However we also know that once the progenitor has a child that child only has the genetic memories prior to said shag fest.

Didn't we see Ezio's death? Unless he got a chick pregnant while he was chilling in his fortress of solitude.

Going off "fortress of solitude," I think you mean Altair, and it's pretty explicitly shown that he got a woman pregnant in Acre. I believe that is explained in AC2.

Yes, I'm talking about the part where Altair hides the apple. (my mistake on character) You get to play that entire section of the game. Then he dies. We shouldn't be able to access that if we had to stop being altair after that knocked up scene.
#24KajexXIVPosted 11/9/2012 2:06:44 AM
Loveunit posted...
Maybe it's someone related to Desmond?

Ezio and Altair were from two different bloodlines but they were both Desmond's ancestors, so maybe it's somebody who is also a descendant of Connor? What are the chances though...

Hope they explain it in the next game instead of tagging it as 'irrelevant'.

This also does not work because again, they have to be related by blood to the ancestor whose memories they are reliving, and we would only see Desmond's memories up to the moment of conception, let alone

I KNOW THERE'S TOPIC TITLE WARNINGS BUT AGAIN END GAME SPOILERS

Desmond's death at the end of the game. The only way it would be possible is if they were to somehow take dna from Desmond's corpse and use it to clone/create offspring.
#25KajexXIVPosted 11/9/2012 2:08:09 AM
woocls posted...
Yes, I'm talking about the part where Altair hides the apple. (my mistake on character) You get to play that entire section of the game. Then he dies. We shouldn't be able to access that if we had to stop being altair after that knocked up scene.

These are Ezio's memories of Altair's memories, and he accesses them through the artifacts, not an animus. Confusing, I know.
#26DeadmanX82Posted 11/9/2012 2:19:31 AM
I think the more obvious solution here would be it's either desmond's Father, or perhaps even his mother. In an earlier dialogue between sequences, Dezzie boy does ask his pops about how they moms is doin', and pops said she's someplace "safe".

If you really wanna get freaky with stuff though, maybe they came back into the cave, took a DNA sample, and cloned the dudes corpse. ok? Food for thought, better chew it a few times before swallowing or you'll choke on your tongue or somethin'.

All just theories, IDK either way really.
#27RethalwolfPosted 11/9/2012 2:41:05 AM
Not that this is a point of discussion, but I find it interesting to note that while you can only relive the memories of your ancestors up until the point of conception of the next in your lineage, whilst playing as Haytham, you pork the native american woman and still go back to the city and reveal to the gamer your true allegiance. THAT is developer oversight.

Also for those who don't understand the such and such:
AC1: play as Altair.
AC2: play as Ezio but see Altair getting his woman preggo in a castle sex scene through bleeding effect.
AC:B: just play as Ezio, really no Altair here
AC:R: play as Ezio and, through him, Altair. Ezio uses artifacts which Altair imbued with his own memories, thus allowing anyone who used them in the future to access them. Desmond saw these post-ancestral-line-continuation through Ezio's eyes.
AC:Embers: Here you see Ezio die (and I daresay finally). He already had his kid. Feel bad for him and her alike, though; while he lived extraordinarily long for the times, as such a player, he really should already have had a kid. But when he finally did, he didn't even get to see her grow up, and she lost her father at a young age.
---
"The point of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the enemy die for his."
#28KajexXIVPosted 11/9/2012 2:58:28 AM
Rethalwolf posted...
Not that this is a point of discussion, but I find it interesting to note that while you can only relive the memories of your ancestors up until the point of conception of the next in your lineage, whilst playing as Haytham, you pork the native american woman and still go back to the city and reveal to the gamer your true allegiance. THAT is developer oversight.

False. Connor's conception happens off-screen sometime after the Haytham is a templar reveal.
#29alphaaltairPosted 11/9/2012 6:14:18 AM
Ac3.2 Introducing Desmond's long lost sister.....Desmona!
---
([ { < ]})=====>
#30dillpickle69Posted 11/9/2012 6:20:28 AM

No, THAT is a long-term relationship. That wasn't the conception of Connor, that was just to show that they were going to concept many days to come. You know, until he leaves to try and rule the world.
---
The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese