Just wow...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: AuraOfSouls

AuraOfSouls
4 years ago#1
So I have a baby on the way... my wife just told me if its a boy she wants to name it Altair. What you guys think?

User Info: Captain_Blunts

Captain_Blunts
4 years ago#2
Roe v Wade

Back under the bridge with you

AuraOfSouls
4 years ago#3
Eh?

User Info: Novotine

Novotine
4 years ago#4
ya do it

AuraOfSouls
4 years ago#5
I feel weird about it because we have an English last name, but I guess that would be normal for generations to have names start melding together.

User Info: _Rushdown_

_Rushdown_
4 years ago#6
That would be ridiculous. The name itself not matching the child's ethnicity is bad enough, but being named after a video game character would be pretty embarassing as well.
http://www.xboxgamertag.com/gamercard/lRushdown/fullnxe/card.png

User Info: Novotine

Novotine
4 years ago#7
^ what an idiot.

just do it man. altair goes well with most white last names

AuraOfSouls
4 years ago#8
I really try not to consider ethnicity, but thank you for your opinion. As far a naming after a game goes. I really don't see the problem in it. The name has more meaning behind it than that. Look it up.

User Info: _Rushdown_

_Rushdown_
4 years ago#9
You don't consider ethnicity? Well I hope your kid and his schoolmates are understanding. If you're white, you should also Mustafa and Shaniqua lol
http://www.xboxgamertag.com/gamercard/lRushdown/fullnxe/card.png

User Info: pillerofautumn

pillerofautumn
4 years ago#10
With an English last name, Altair would sound weird. It's a unique name, and it will make him stand out in a bad way. Expect him to get picked on regularly. If you're ok with this, then go right ahead.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived
More topics from this board...
End of Sequence 3ShadowzForLife111/22 11:31PM