Just wow...

#31AuraOfSouls(Topic Creator)Posted 11/9/2012 11:46:42 AM
Keith_Dragoon posted...
Here, I dunno why I am doing all this but this should help you decide, lists most pros and cons of the name along with surveys of people who have named their kids Altair or were named by their parents.

http://babynamesworld.parentsconnect.com/suitability_of_Altair.html

In the end it is you and your wife's call and you should never listen to the opinions of people on a message board ESPECIALLY Gfaqs. :P

Holy **** dude... you rock!
#32DolemiteXPPosted 11/9/2012 11:53:27 AM
As long as you can handle most people being to lazy to properly pronounce your kids name and just calling him Ultare then go for it.
---
Really don't want Obama for 4 more years but I refuse to vote for someone named after a type of glove....
#33AyahRivenPosted 11/9/2012 11:55:22 AM
_Rushdown_ posted...
That would be ridiculous. The name itself not matching the child's ethnicity is bad enough, but being named after a video game character would be pretty embarassing as well.

What a ridiculously closed-minded, racist little bigot you are.
#34Jin_OniPosted 11/9/2012 12:08:01 PM
Altair is an awesome name. I think you should go for it (a very unique name too, I wouldn't mind having the name Altair replaced with my own, but that is just me).
---
War doesn't determine who's right, only who's left.
A statement bears no weight for those of us who choose not to carry it. - Loshadt
#35TinyosiPosted 11/9/2012 12:16:15 PM
If you actually like that name, I say go for it. However, if you are simply naming him that because your wife likes it/after Altair.

Another thing I think that you should consider is if you would be okay with having the name yourself. Not saying it isn't a great name, but if you can't walk around not bothered/embarrassed you can't really expect the kid too.

So overall I say go for it if you actually like the name, but don't do it just because "lol!! AC!!"
#36TinyosiPosted 11/9/2012 12:16:46 PM
Jin_Oni posted...
Altair is an awesome name. I think you should go for it (a very unique name too, I wouldn't mind having the name Altair replaced with my own, but that is just me).

It isn't *that* hard to change your name
#37ReiderAsmadiPosted 11/9/2012 12:22:13 PM
I think she should go with Ezio instead.
---
Gamertag: LordReider
Ambition is just a weak excuse for not having the sense to be lazy.
#38EzraGenesisPosted 11/9/2012 12:44:38 PM
Won't even lie, if I met a kid named Altair, I'd make fun of him. Its a cool name, but just the fact that he has that first name, and an English last name, just tells me its from the game, and thats hilarious. Ultimately, its up to you and your wife.
---
Any Tree Can Drop An Apple. I'll Drop The Freaking Moon
PSN: EzraGenesis
#39KajexXIVPosted 11/9/2012 1:02:46 PM
AyahRiven posted...
_Rushdown_ posted...
That would be ridiculous. The name itself not matching the child's ethnicity is bad enough, but being named after a video game character would be pretty embarassing as well.

What a ridiculously closed-minded, racist little bigot you are.

Not at all, if anything you are for reading too into Rushdown's post and coming to that conclusion yourself. It's a cultural standard to name your children in your own language. English parents aren't going to name their child Od'om'bokele, and Nigerian parents aren't going to name their child Justin.
#40tragik00Posted 11/9/2012 1:11:48 PM
Do what u feel is right. The name was before the game ever existed. Its just become popular due to the game. Does it really matter what a bunch of adolescents think on a message board?
---
psn:tragik1
xbl:tragik00