Just wow...

#61KingsfalPosted 11/12/2012 12:22:00 AM
Name him so if you like it, ethnicity should not be an issue for you, unless you're saying that there are no other ethnicity than white in England. By the way Altair (and middle easterns for that matter) are mostly white/Caucasians, I think people are confusing ethnicity to religion when it comes to that name.
---
10 The number of the beast
#62PerascaminPosted 11/12/2012 12:40:10 AM
pillerofautumn posted...
With an English last name, Altair would sound weird. It's a unique name, and it will make him stand out in a bad way. Expect him to get picked on regularly. If you're ok with this, then go right ahead.

You literally have no idea how society really works do you?

Charisma and confidence solves everything in social standings.
---
This dance of mine burns with conviction! Its graceful steps grant swift exit from the stage! THE POWER TO REPEL ALL EVIL IS IN MY GRASP!!!
#63pillerofautumnPosted 11/12/2012 12:55:04 PM
pillerofautumn posted...
With an English last name, Altair would sound weird. It's a unique name, and it will make him stand out in a bad way. Expect him to get picked on regularly. If you're ok with this, then go right ahead.

I could say the same to you. Charisma and confidence may work in the real world, but growing up, he is going to be picked on, probably to the point where he has no confidence until he does graduate high school. So I ask you, do you literally have no idea how society works? You don't seem to have a clue how vicious school children can be. But that may be because you're ancient, spouting off fortune cookie garbage like it applies to schooling.
#64PerascaminPosted 11/14/2012 8:18:44 PM
pillerofautumn posted...
pillerofautumn posted...

I could say the same to you. Charisma and confidence may work in the real world, but growing up, he is going to be picked on, probably to the point where he has no confidence until he does graduate high school. So I ask you, do you literally have no idea how society works? You don't seem to have a clue how vicious school children can be. But that may be because you're ancient, spouting off fortune cookie garbage like it applies to schooling.

If someone is constantly made fun of in school of all places then it's their own damn fault. Honestly, the only time I ever see someone get made fun of in school is those few people who have nothing interesting to say but talk anyways, and people start ripping on him/her because they hate it when they have to ruin a conversation that didn't involve them.

People need to either learn speak when they have something interesting to say or become less boring themselves.

Furthermore, surviving ridicule in SCHOOL is literally the easiest thing in life to do. You can either ignore it and the oh so bad "bullies" stop talking smack or you can be creative with the insults thrown your way and agree with them, make it a joke. Making a "bully" laugh makes them your friend.
---
This dance of mine burns with conviction! Its graceful steps grant swift exit from the stage! THE POWER TO REPEL ALL EVIL IS IN MY GRASP!!!
#65BeastOfMythPosted 11/14/2012 8:22:49 PM
http://www.cracked.com/article/195_7-things-good-parents-do-that-screw-up-kids-life/

Hey, do what you want, but I'd glance at number 7 on that list.
---
<<NVBM>>
#66Mr Blonde7Posted 11/14/2012 8:37:13 PM
Kid will turn out to be a ginger.

Dad and mom will have egg on their faces.