Is the season pass worth it?

#1KhaidenDPosted 11/11/2012 11:00:53 PM
Aren't they supposed to guarantee you to get the content right away as it comes out? This one just gives a 25% discount on it... do you think it's worth buying it if someone wants all the dlc?
#2FatalFraggerPosted 11/11/2012 11:05:52 PM
It would probably be worth it if you plan on buying all of the DLC I am not getting it though.
#3TheLegendaryPiePosted 11/11/2012 11:13:47 PM
Is there any details about it? right now i feel like they are asking people to drop $30 blindly
#4Omega_PyroPosted 11/11/2012 11:17:23 PM(edited)
TC, It doesn't guaranty youll get it. Mainly because DLC of this kind doesn't work like that. It's released in unlimited quanites.

As far as being worth it? I'm not sure. So far I've heard nothing more than what is currently offered. Keep in mind, this is what I have heard. So based on that, It seems like you have to get it blindly...for the moment.
---
"My plans are always practical! It's the laws of physics that get in the way of my success." - Red Mage
#5KhaidenD(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2012 11:32:17 PM
Omega_Pyro posted...
TC, It doesn't guaranty youll get it. Mainly because DLC of this kind doesn't work like that. It's released in unlimited quanites.

As far as being worth it? I'm not sure. So far I've heard nothing more than what is currently offered. Keep in mind, this is what I have heard. So based on that, It seems like you have to get it blindly...for the moment.

Oh okay, I've never gotten a season pass before so I wasn't sure.
#6TheLegendaryPiePosted 11/11/2012 11:39:19 PM
Just be weary of a season pass, there was a season pass for Saints Row 3, but the last DLC was canceled, so season pass holders were screwed over
#7wonderfulwinoPosted 11/12/2012 12:05:17 AM
TheLegendaryPie posted...
Just be weary of a season pass, there was a season pass for Saints Row 3, but the last DLC was canceled, so season pass holders were screwed over

Thats not true. The season pass was always meant to include just the three dlcs that were announced from the beginning. Ghenki,Mars, and Clones plus the nyte blade pack as well. The last one that was cancelled was more of an expansion and was gonna be released as a separate disc, it had nothing to do with the season pass.
#8True RunePosted 11/12/2012 12:12:50 AM
5 pieces of DLC on the Season Pass for this game. 2 of them containing Multiplayers stuff(more than likely new maps, maybe some new modes/characters). I don't think any real information has come out about the MP DLC parts.
The other 3 bits of DLC will be the episodic Tyrannical King stuff.

not really worth it for me, as I don't do the MP stuff, so i dunno how that 25% price cuts works out if i were to just get the Tyrannical King DLC.(i'm guessing i might save a tiny bit....but whatever)
---
It took hundreds to kill me, but I killed humans by the THOUSANDS!!! Look at me!!! I am sublime!! I am the TRUE face of evil!!!
#9TysakasaPosted 11/12/2012 12:13:22 AM
They're hit or miss. They can be handy due to them usually saving you like 10$ or something. Battlefield 3 has their premium thing which if you don't have any of the extra content you save some nice money plus get a bunch of extra bonuses (challenges exclusive to premium members, early access to the new content, double xp bonus weekends more often, etc). If anything, the main issue about such concepts is when a company doesn't lay out the kind of content they are going to release during the games cycle, and ensures that it comes out, as the comment about Saints Row 3 proves. However I doubt Ubisoft will be stupid enough to cancel content as they are their own company while I think the guys who make Saints Row have a publisher which can screw them, but I don't even remember who the developers for that game are XD Plus they have a lot riding on Assassin's Creed. Outside of the Rainbow Six series, they don't really have much, at least until Watch Dogs comes out, which I very much hope lives up to its curiousness, we need more new titles before this generation ends, else it'll be remembered as that generation of milked games.

For now, just wait until Ubisoft announces their first DLC (mainly a singleplayer DLC as multiplayer's content is most likely going to be very meh) since it's too early to tell what kind of things Ubisoft has planned. I think right now they're focused on feedback and fixing bugs (okay hopefully that's what they're doing else these boards are going to be flooded with more complaints about bugs than Mass Effect regarding its ending), with a division probably working on making Washington out to be a douche (more so) with that evil president DLC that's been confirmed.
#10TheLegendaryPiePosted 11/14/2012 10:12:52 PM
Wait so if i drop $30, i dont even get the DLC? its only a 25% discount? wth?