Connor is the worst Assassin.

#1RealmIycePosted 11/12/2012 10:39:50 PM
spoilers.

Connor is just an immature punk, and seriously, what a disgrace to the Brotherhood, the guy actually gets caught and locked up...lol.

My, how the Brotherhood have fallen.
---
Currently playing -World of Warcraft, Kingdoms of Amalur, Final Fantasy 1.
#2Smokey_BeraPosted 11/12/2012 10:41:32 PM
He is arrogant.
---
One love
One heart
#3AyahRivenPosted 11/12/2012 10:42:19 PM
I think he's without a doubt the best. My favourite, at least. Connor > Altair > Ezio imo.
#4RealmIyce(Topic Creator)Posted 11/12/2012 10:43:57 PM
The best? he's not good at being a, you know, Assassin. He's too in peoples face, he might as well run down the street saying "I'm an Assassin - look at me"

And seriously, if you get locked up because your stealth and Assassin-esque skills suck THAT much, maybe you're just a thug in a white hood?
---
Currently playing -World of Warcraft, Kingdoms of Amalur, Final Fantasy 1.
#5AyahRivenPosted 11/12/2012 10:47:17 PM
RealmIyce posted...
The best? he's not good at being a, you know, Assassin. He's too in peoples face, he might as well run down the street saying "I'm an Assassin - look at me"

And seriously, if you get locked up because your stealth and Assassin-esque skills suck THAT much, maybe you're just a thug in a white hood?

I'd say he's a great Assassin. Kills plenty of Templars. He's easily the most interesting character of the 3, too.
#6KatharoniePosted 11/12/2012 10:48:36 PM
I prefer Connor over the others.

I enjoyed watching him develop as the story line progressed, like how he goes from slightly socially awkward (shown as he grabs someone's hand abruptly when it is placed on his shoulder in a friendly way) to having a handful of friends at the homestead.

I do dislike the voice acting though when you talk to the residents at the homestead though, it seems forced to me.
---
"Just because the story isn't for everyone doesn't mean it's a bad game." -Brimuslabus
#7TheExileJediPosted 11/12/2012 10:49:09 PM
not to mention there were way too many times where Connor should have been killed or times Connor should've ended the life of a templar because he had the chance (God damn Hickey)

a lot of the proposed assassinations, hickey, and charless especially are so half assed down and didn't feel like a proper Assassin's Creed final mission
---
OMG THE J TEAM: Mr.T, Adam West, Chuck Norris and Jesus. If you don't agree they are the best team in the world, prepared to be round house kicked
#8KatharoniePosted 11/12/2012 10:59:42 PM
TheExileJedi posted...
not to mention there were way too many times where Connor should have been killed or times Connor should've ended the life of a templar because he had the chance (God damn Hickey)

a lot of the proposed assassinations, hickey, and charless especially are so half assed down and didn't feel like a proper Assassin's Creed final mission

It was because of the way he was brought up. He wanted to avoid needles violence but get the task completed as well. He valued life and thought that everyone, no matter Templar or a murderer, should be given a second chance.

He's basically an assassin that just has VERY STRONG morals.

Like super strong morals. He was a different assassin from the 'Staby stab stab- murder the templars because I got told' which was also interesting.

His character was a lot more developed than Ezio and Altair (not that I have anything against the other two) and overall I thought he was one of the best so far.
---
"Just because the story isn't for everyone doesn't mean it's a bad game." -Brimuslabus
#9VaporFoxPosted 11/12/2012 11:43:28 PM
Afraid I have to agree with the OP for the most part.

Believe me when I say I've given Connor plenty of chances to impress me, and he always seems to come up short. Don't get me wrong, from the combat perspective he's fun to use and glorious to watch, but that's pretty much where any fascination with him ends for me.

His background is just one amnesia episode short of being ripped straight out of a bland anime "OMG teh bad guys burned down my village and killed mah parents I MUST HAVE REVENGE!!!!11one". The native American segments where they had everyone constantly speaking in their language kinda made me roll my eyes, because I never heard people constantly speaking Italian in any of the games featuring Ezio, et cetera. But, I digress. =P

All that aside, Connor's personality (or lack there of) just made him the most unengaging of the assassins. Ezio's parents were murdered too, but it was done in a way more interesting way, and he still oozed more personality in his pinky finger than Connor had in his entire body. His nigh instantaneous progression to "captain" on ship felt forced and laughable (even though I enjoyed the naval missions for the most part), and as others have stated, he was just too brash and straightforward to be a believable member of the assassin brotherhood.

Honestly, the only thing that made him stand out from the pack was his tracking abilities, and frankly, the eagle vision all the other assassins have had was almost as good as the "clue analyzing" crap anyway, which seemed to just add an extra step to the hunting process. Heh.
---
"Only the dead have seen the end of war." -- Plato
Xbox Live Gamertag: Valorik
#10riouken1234Posted 11/12/2012 11:54:30 PM
AyahRiven posted...
I think he's without a doubt the best. My favourite, at least. Connor > Altair > Ezio imo.

Almost agree with this!

For me it's Altair > Connor > Ezio

Comedic one liners after slitting a guy's throat isn't my idea of an assassin. Ezio, you dawg!
More topics from this board...
Nine men's morris problemNairel227/22 12:34PM