Did this game pull a Raiden on me? Have I been tricked?

#1RyanJMcDPosted 11/19/2012 7:08:36 PM
I've enjoyed all the other AC games, and what I've read about the game talked about this Indian dude named Conner. But when I played the game, I am not playing Conner, I am playing some British twit named Haythan.

I hated MGS2 for pulling a switch-a-roo like that, and I am about ready to return this.
---
Jesus Christ! what the ****'s blown up now?
-Me after 6 months in Iraq
#2legendX66Posted 11/19/2012 7:12:43 PM
try actually playing the game.
---
legendX66-Ten Tails H4X and Troll H4X Sexy secretary of Haxem Rangers
Thinking is the hardest kind of work, which is probably why so few engage in it.
#3ThorisokaPosted 11/19/2012 7:21:02 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#4sakurayulePosted 11/19/2012 7:31:22 PM
I felt the same way, TC. And a third of the game, you don't get to play as the advertised character. I felt ripped of by false advertising- still do, even after 100%ing the game. I wanted 100% Connor.
---
\_(ツ)_/
#5phakUPosted 11/19/2012 7:33:27 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#6legendX66Posted 11/19/2012 7:33:32 PM
sakurayule posted...
I felt the same way, TC. And a third of the game, you don't get to play as the advertised character. I felt ripped of by false advertising- still do, even after 100%ing the game. I wanted 100% Connor.

it wasn't false advertising. and there is so much connor gameplay it does not effect much.
---
Thinking is the hardest kind of work, which is probably why so few engage in it.
#7sakurayulePosted 11/19/2012 7:35:40 PM
legendX66 posted...
sakurayule posted...

it wasn't false advertising. and there is so much connor gameplay it does not effect much.

Opinions are arbitrary, and yours conflicts with mine. It did effect my gameplay for quite a few hours. As I said, I still felt that I was advertised to falsely.
---
\_(ツ)_/
#8legendX66Posted 11/19/2012 7:37:57 PM
the gameplay opinion is subjective so we just disagree. not false advertising though. they advertised connor we play as connor. they just didn't announce a second character. which seems like a plus.
---
#9dave_is_slickPosted 11/19/2012 7:47:48 PM
the gameplay opinion is subjective

No it's not. Hell, you're not even an Assassin until halfway through the damn game.
---
I am prepared to use this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFZrzg62Zj0&feature=related
#10ThorisokaPosted 11/19/2012 7:58:03 PM(edited)
sakurayule posted...

But they never advertised 100% Connor. They advertised you played as Connor.

At best, they IMPLIED you played Connor most of the time. This is true, and you were even okay with this since you knew there would be some Desmond gameplay too (hence a non-100% Connor gameplay).

dave_is_slick posted...
the gameplay opinion is subjective

No it's not. Hell, you're not even an Assassin until halfway through the damn game.

Wrong. Haytham missions only cover 3 sequences out of 12, which is 1/4 of the game story. And this is if you only want to do the main story. If you take into account all the collectibles, sidequests and stuff that only appear as Connor, you are very far from halfway through the game when you get him.