Assassin's Creed 2 vs Assassin's Creed 3 gameplay comparison video

#1triajojoPosted 11/20/2012 4:27:56 AM
Gameplay comparison video between AC2 and AC3.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khhEDznKl3c

Which one do you prefer?
#2Bloodlines1191Posted 11/20/2012 4:40:07 AM
Cuz AC1 is nonexistent. >_>
---
Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted - Assassin's Creed
I shall forever hate the name......Crimson Viper
#3MrGazzoPosted 11/20/2012 6:44:59 AM
In terms of gameplay, I like AC3 better (the fluid parkour,dynamic counter kills) but when it comes to humor and story.. nothing beats AC2
---
Haytham Kenway = Roger Moore
#4FelixFelicisPosted 11/20/2012 6:45:06 AM
I know without the aid of any videos that I prefer the gameplay of AC3 over the other games in the series.
---
"I am Consus, the Erudite God" - Giovanni Borgia, reawakened
#5BipBapBamPosted 11/20/2012 6:47:52 AM
I liked how you actually had to figure out how to climb things in AC2, instead of just holding RT and up here. The combat ( although it's always been easy ) was at least deeper, and harder than 3.
#6ChocoburgerPosted 11/20/2012 6:54:07 AM(edited)
How was AC 2's combat harder when you could carry 15 medicines basically making Ezio a freakin' tank. I died more in AC 3 due to lack of meds and extremely slow health regeneration.

Though I didn't die that many times, AC 3 was more difficult for me.
#7Realist2615Posted 11/20/2012 6:55:36 AM
I watched for a few minutes but I'm still not 100% sure what is being compared. I'm assuming graphics. If that's the case, then I'm indifferent. I like both. They're both very samey in the first place. The environment is just drastically different. So it's a bit hard to compare.

Now, if we use singleplayer and multiplayer... Without sounding like an extremely long-winded sh*tface; ACB/R multiplayer, to me, was simply intolerable. I hated it with every fiber of my being.

Whereas I actually really look forward to getting a few matches in on AC3. It's extremely enjoyable. When I die, I died on purpose. When I kill, I earned it. I expected to go in just for the achievements and instead came out with what will be, probably, my staple game for the rest of the year (at least.)
---
Currently Playing: AC3, FFXI(Que.), FFXIII-2, GGXXAC+, LoZ: Skyward Sword, MW3, Valkyria Chronicles
#8Alex_SagePosted 11/20/2012 6:56:29 AM
BipBapBam posted...
I liked how you actually had to figure out how to climb things in AC2, instead of just holding RT and up here. The combat ( although it's always been easy ) was at least deeper, and harder than 3.

Deeper and harder than 3's?

Please tell me what you are smoking so I may try some.
---
"I am not in danger, I am the danger." Walter White
Gamertag: Cpt of Industry
#9BipBapBamPosted 11/20/2012 7:01:41 AM
I never used Medicine, besides if I occasionally fell off a building, so that never affected me, you had to actually do more than just hold block the whole fight then either disarm or counter while in slow motion like this game. Disarming, and countering with the hidden blade actually required timing or you'd get hit. You could also dodge.

I've literally never gone below 80% health in this game, it's all the same. Counter regular guards, and those dudes that do the roll, break officers and heavy's defense (or disarm them), disarm jagers. If it at least had some sort of penalty for just blocking the whole fight then pressing one button while in slow mo it would be somewhat difficult.
#10triajojo(Topic Creator)Posted 11/20/2012 9:10:16 PM
~realistic.... notice the video title "...gameplay comparison ". Im showing off the differences in gameplay between the 2 games. If you look, you can see that Ac3 has one button for freerunning and is smoother. And with the different settings, the way/things you climb is different.

Also, the combat is altered quite a bit. Ac3 feels harder due to no health upgrades, or potions, and sometimes more than one enemy attacks/shoots you. But an argument can be made for 2 as well.

Oh, and forgive the bad ac2 gameplay, i'm quite rusty and spoiled from 3's one button for freerunning.

p.s. its AC2 vs AC3, because I don't have 1 anymore, and 2 makes a more interesting comparison (i think)