What's with the love for Brotherhood?

#1Alex_SagePosted 11/20/2012 8:12:21 AM(edited)
Mediocre game. Revelations was better in my opinion.

It built on Brotherhood and was not in Italy. MUCH better setting, graphics, gameplay, music.

I want to understand, it's really weird seeing all this bashing on Revelations but giving Brotherhood props?

If you explain yourself, could you tell me when you started playing the series?
I want to see if it's true that if you picked these games up LATER you have less appreciation for Brotherhood.

For the record I picked this series up when Revelations was about to come out. By the time I got to it it was out, Brotherhood was a "stepping stone", and then I waited for AC3.

I'm also a fairly busy person with a lot to do.
---
"I am not in danger, I am the danger." Walter White
Gamertag: Cpt of Industry
#2Realist2615Posted 11/20/2012 8:14:10 AM
Both games were extremely boring and unpolished, even when compared to AC2. They barely even served a purpose at all, other than perhaps meagerly tying people over for AC3.

Imagine our surprise when we finally get the next numbered AC title and it's just as glitchy as Brotherhood and Revelations.

Other than that, it blows all of the other games away in every area.
---
Currently Playing: AC3, FFXI(Que.), FFXIII-2, GGXXAC+, LoZ: Skyward Sword, MW3, Valkyria Chronicles
#3Alex_Sage(Topic Creator)Posted 11/20/2012 8:16:19 AM
I do agree with you on that.

I also had this "anti"-hype going on from seeing all the bashing of Revelations.
When i got to the game I kept thinking "that's it? this is what people are complaining about?"
---
#4roguebotPosted 11/20/2012 8:19:22 AM(edited)
I consider Brotherhood to be on par with Revelations, except for the den defense with puts it below ACB IMO. That's not saying a whole lot, though. I think AC2 is far and away the best of the series.
#5Alex_Sage(Topic Creator)Posted 11/20/2012 8:18:37 AM
roguebot posted...
I consider Brotherhood to be on par with Revelations, except for the den defense with puts in below ACB IMO. That's not saying a whole lot, though. I think AC2 is far and away the best of the series.

Den Defense was pretty lame I'll give it that. But it was like a mini-game. I think I did it once for the achievement, and just never really played it again. But I mean I have ALWAYS had OCD for the wanted levels even in 2.
---
#6Realist2615Posted 11/20/2012 8:21:06 AM
I think maybe my first post was a little harsh.

They were definitely relevant. It was just extremely evident when playing them that they were designed as filler titles... Which they technically were, being annual releases.

I still think AC2 was better than both, though.
---
Currently Playing: AC3, FFXI(Que.), FFXIII-2, GGXXAC+, LoZ: Skyward Sword, MW3, Valkyria Chronicles
#7bobbyrkPosted 11/20/2012 8:22:52 AM
I started with AC1, when it came out. Brotherhood is a "two steps forward, one BIG step back" from AC2 - combat and side missions were good (even though the former basically became "press button win game"), the story was okay (but felt kinda drawn out and "lol here's these guys who barely did anything in AC2, lets build a story around them") but the ending fell apart.

Revelations is three steps sideways and a step backwards. Awful story, awful characters, bad additions, and is definitely pure, time-wasting filler.
---
Behold the angry wizard putt-putt-putting away.
#8SparkyTigerPosted 11/20/2012 8:23:21 AM
IMO, Revelations is the weakest game out of them all. I haven't finished AC3 yet (just finished Sequence 11 and stopped when 12 came up). But here's how I would rate the games so far for me:

AC2 > ACB > AC3 > AC1 > ACR

For me, Revelations felt very thrown together. I loved the fact that it pretty much tied up the Altair story. That was the highlight of the whole game for me.

But for me there were two things that I didn't care for with the game. First, the setting. I loved the Italy setting for AC2 and Brotherhood. But I just didn't care for the Turkish setting in Revelations. Everything seemed brown and just bland for a video game. The storyline and supporting cast of Assassins in the game were also very weak IMO compared to previous games.

The other thing was they changed some of the best things and removed others. To be honest it has been a year since I played it and I can't remember exactly what I felt was removed and off about it. But I feel the game was simply forgettable and it got to the point where I felt like playing the game became tedious about half-way through. I did finish everything in the game to be able to get all achievements for it since I am an admitted achievement whore. But I know that I won't go back and ever have an interest in playing ACR again like I might AC2 or Brotherhood.

And lastly, one portion of the game that I do remember loathing was the Den Defense portions of the game. It was a nice idea, but ultimately just added to the tediousness of the game.

Don't get me wrong. I think that ACR is a better game than most of the run-of-the-mill games produced for consoles. But for an AC game, it is at the bottom of the list for me in terms of ranking in the series.
#9dave_is_slickPosted 11/20/2012 8:27:28 AM
Brotherhood was the best one.
---
I am prepared to use this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFZrzg62Zj0&feature=related
#10Alex_Sage(Topic Creator)Posted 11/20/2012 8:28:49 AM
Well as far as length, Brotherhood was definitely longer.

But in all honesty, Brotherhood was seriously just too long of a game. I actually got sick trying to collect everything and just staring at Rome. It really started to grate on me after a while. There is such a thing as too much. You can wear yourself out much easier on Brotherhood than Revelations.
---
More topics from this board...
Nine men's morris problemNairel227/22 12:34PM