I hope Assassins Creed 4 takes a step back

#1Ajd44Posted 11/20/2012 11:50:09 AM
And stops the pattern of the games taking place closer and closer in history.
I feel like I'm losing that "assassin feeling" as time progresses.
Meh. That might just be me.
#2Realist2615Posted 11/20/2012 11:52:32 AM
I'm not sure if this is because of how technology is implemented, or if it was more of a design choice... But I do agree they maintained a better "feel" the earlier the game took place.

I will say that the Desmon segments in this game were actually pretty good, as far as that goes. Too bad they were literally "go here press button kill bad guy do objective" missions.
---
Currently Playing: AC3, FFXI(Que.), FFXIII-2, GGXXAC+, LoZ: Skyward Sword, MW3, Valkyria Chronicles
#3JackApostrophePosted 11/20/2012 11:56:06 AM
My dream scenario would be a game set in Eden.
#4Alex_SagePosted 11/20/2012 12:00:09 PM
There's not really a rule I could see them doing this. Or it could be in the American West, the time period is really irrelevant. It's all about presentation. They do a good job in 3, I'm willing to see where else they'll go.
---
"I am not in danger, I am the danger." Walter White
Gamertag: Cpt of Industry
#5J NicePosted 11/20/2012 12:04:21 PM
After playing the naval missions I think playing as a pirate would be fun. In the early period of the golden age of pirates (circa 1700). The assassins can be the pirates and the spanish can be controlled by the templars. You have multiple port cities use, and mainland can be the frontier.
---
"In 1948, at the request of a dying boy, baseball legend Babe Ruth ate seventy-five hot dogs, then died of hot dog poisoning."
#6Dr_MojoPosted 11/20/2012 12:08:18 PM
They won't do a game set after the invention of the revolver (1835) because having repeating firearms would drastically change the gameplay of the series.

What they will most likely do after AC:3 is have two "Connor" sequels a-la the Ezio trilogy. One taking place in Paris during the French Revolution and another taking place in London during the Napoleonic Wars.

After that they will probably jump back in time to a different period and have a whole new character again.
#7THE_JOKE_KING33Posted 11/20/2012 12:15:38 PM
J Nice posted...
After playing the naval missions I think playing as a pirate would be fun. In the early period of the golden age of pirates (circa 1700). The assassins can be the pirates and the spanish can be controlled by the templars. You have multiple port cities use, and mainland can be the frontier.

^this
---
"A man's dreams are an index to his greatness."-Zadok Rabinwitz
PSN: THE_JOKE_KING33
#8JackApostrophePosted 11/20/2012 12:18:32 PM
I super want a pirate AC game, but I feel like it could be a spin-off instead of a full part of the storyline.
#9rockyoumonkeysPosted 11/20/2012 1:25:28 PM
Just so long as they don't make a game set during WWII, I'm fine with whatever.
---
Formerly Known As: boingboingboing
Now Reading: The Ghost Brigades, J. Scalzi
#10Bloodlines1191Posted 11/20/2012 1:40:28 PM
Dr_Mojo posted...
They won't do a game set after the invention of the revolver (1835) because having repeating firearms would drastically change the gameplay of the series.

What they will most likely do after AC:3 is have two "Connor" sequels a-la the Ezio trilogy. One taking place in Paris during the French Revolution and another taking place in London during the Napoleonic Wars.

After that they will probably jump back in time to a different period and have a whole new character again.

Well, you could repeatedly shoot Cross' semi-automatic silenced handgun so I'm sure they could make it work. It'll just have to be HEAVY on Stealth when fighting armed guards.
---
Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted - Assassin's Creed
I shall forever hate the name......Crimson Viper
More topics from this board...
Nine men's morris problemNairel227/22 12:34PM