This series would be better if demonds story didnt exist.

#1vallcorrPosted 11/24/2012 12:00:49 PM
I thought this game was great. But half the story was good. The desmond parts sucked. I just want to play as altair, ezio, or connor. Desmonds a loser. I wish this series was more about assassination than ancient angel artifacts. They could easily make standalone assassins creed games from different eras that dont have to be tied togethor through the animus.
#2Unpure_EuphoriaPosted 11/24/2012 12:02:39 PM
They could easily make standalone assassins creed games from different eras that dont have to be tied togethor through the animus.

And those games would suck.
---
GT: iAmTheTot - No, really, I am. - http://tinyurl.com/bestgfaqstopic
http://lawlgaming.chatango.com/ - Live uncensored chat for gamers
#3Rambo220Posted 11/24/2012 12:03:18 PM
My problem with Desmond's parts besides a lack of characterization is that they pulled you out of the experience. Once you finally start getting immersed they make you play as Desmond. His parts were always kinda lackluster such as basic courses or those horrible animus scenes(the ones with the white background). I just try to ignore those parts.
#4bobbyrkPosted 11/24/2012 12:06:51 PM
No.
---
Behold the angry wizard putt-putt-putting away.
#5TheLegendaryPiePosted 11/24/2012 1:50:18 PM
There are plenty of games that just have a setting like that, but the Desmond part is what makes the game unique, it gives a connection to the real world that gives players the feeling that the past affects thier present.

I really doubt you know what it takes to make a good story, if you wrote it, it would probably be something that is generic, and boring ,( and then you would get mad at people and you would claim its artistic and they just don't understand)
#6mrusty3Posted 11/24/2012 2:06:11 PM
vallcorr posted...
I thought this game was amazing! And the whole story was wonderful! The desmond parts were just the icing on the cake. It was fun playing as altair, ezio, connor, and desmond's parts in the game. I Love how this series is about assassination and ancient angel artifacts. They could easily make standalone assassins creed games from different eras that can always be this good also! Whats your take on this?

Fixed.
---
Requiescat in pace
#7JackApostrophePosted 11/24/2012 2:08:35 PM
Plenty of people agree with you. I am very much not one of them.
#8BigDunnyPosted 11/26/2012 1:45:41 PM
bobbyrk posted...
No.

Totally. Sanford and Son would have just been Sanford without Lamont aka Demond Wilson.
---
XBOX360: KillrBKillt
Steam: KillrBKillt
#9SnipeStarPosted 11/26/2012 1:52:37 PM
i dont hate desmond's parts, i just hate the mystical/ magic s***. the first civ, the apples of eden, all the supernatural s*** is stupid, feels tacked on, and in my opinion dumbs the story down. i REALLY enjoy how theyve worked the assasins and templars into real people/eras of our past but the supernatural magic stuff really takes away from it. i guess they couldn't find anything realistic to use instead that would warrant the 2 orders doing battle for soo long, but still... i really dont like it. the artifacts are one thing, but the more it goes into the stupid juno/minerva/first civ stuff, the more i hate it.
---
i7 920 D0 | P6T6 WS Revolution | 2xGTX285 2GB | 12GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1600 | 2x600GB Raptor/ 2x1TB RE3 WD | Corsair HX1000w | Silverstone RV01
#10A_Hairy_WafflePosted 11/26/2012 1:52:46 PM
I agree 100%. Everytime I get pulled from the animus I get pissed and just rush through Desmonds crappy story.