This series would be better if demonds story didnt exist.

#51LenneValkiryePosted 11/30/2012 11:34:50 AM
hghgnbnb posted...
LenneValkirye posted...
Yeah I agree the "history magic" elements kind of ruin the plot, much like Mass Effect is ruined by space magic.

Okay, I've had it with this thread... First the idea's proposed that making the Assassins Creed series generic would make it better. Then, people miss the point entirely confusing ancient technology for magic as if they just stumbled out if the cave. Now the stupid Mass Effect "space magic" thing. (THERE WAS NO "SPACE MAGIC". SYNTHESIS IS THE ONLY THING THAT COULD, MAYBE, BE ARGUED AS "SPACE MAGIC" BUT THERE ARE PRECEDENTS FOR THAT TYPE OF TECH)

Not going OT, but lol.
You're delusional if you think space magic isn't a major narrative problem with ME3.
Starting with AC2's ending, this series has suffered from the exact same problem: the introduction of outright magical forces in a plot that until then was built on plausible sci-fi elements that had some kind of logic behind them. The result was breaking the suspension of disbelief, which is considered one of the worst mistakes a writer can possibly commit.
#52dave_is_slickPosted 11/30/2012 11:41:27 AM
the introduction of outright magical forces

So what, the Apple didn't exist in AC1? It's been there from the beginning. The First Civilization was mentioned in it as well.
---
I am prepared to use this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFZrzg62Zj0&feature=related
#53chumpyflumpyPosted 12/1/2012 5:01:28 AM
I like all the sci-fi stuff

The best part of the plot
---
http://www.old-london.co.uk/images/p87a.jpg
#54hghgnbnbPosted 12/1/2012 6:06:26 AM
LenneValkirye posted...

Not going OT, but lol.
You're delusional if you think space magic isn't a major narrative problem with ME3.
Starting with AC2's ending, this series has suffered from the exact same problem: the introduction of outright magical forces in a plot that until then was built on plausible sci-fi elements that had some kind of logic behind them. The result was breaking the suspension of disbelief, which is considered one of the worst mistakes a writer can possibly commit.

I have no idea what you're talking about. What do you consider "magic" in the Mass Effect series? Everything has a technological precedent.
---
As always, please pay no heed to Jessica Merizan. She doesn't know what she's talking about
#55HatchetHoundPosted 12/1/2012 6:28:25 AM
Probably the biotics.
---
"Mistakes are just a part of learning. You donít become an Expert At Bandit Extermination without accidentally offing a few farmers, for instance."