Are Ezio and Altair related in any way?

#1So_TerrablePosted 11/24/2012 9:29:24 PM
I know its been asked to death with the answer always being no. I also know why they cannot be related and able to have different bloodlines. What confuses me though is on the back of Revelations' game case is reads: "I have always lived by the creed. My blades have dispensed death and justice in equal measure. Yet I am no closer to discovering the truth behind our order. So I must walk the path of my ancestor, Altair, in whose footsteps I will find my true purpose." How can he be his ancestor but not be at all related?
---
PSN: So_Terrable
SSFC: 4727 0631 5853
#2Direwolf84Posted 11/24/2012 9:35:14 PM
What?
---
I would try explaining... but stupid people do what stupid people want. Press on.
#3bookewormPosted 11/24/2012 9:35:58 PM
I would imagine Ezio meant that as the definition of ancestor that is "a person who serves as an influence or model for another; one from whom mental, artistic, spiritual, etc., descent is claimed: a philosophical ancestor." I agree, it's probably not the best word to use since they were not directly related, but as the Assassins have always considered themselves as something of a family.
---
"Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away."
#4bobbyrkPosted 11/24/2012 9:40:04 PM
They are not related. The Revelations cover is wrong.
---
Behold the angry wizard putt-putt-putting away.
#5So_Terrable(Topic Creator)Posted 11/24/2012 9:42:33 PM
bookeworm posted...
I would imagine Ezio meant that as the definition of ancestor that is "a person who serves as an influence or model for another; one from whom mental, artistic, spiritual, etc., descent is claimed: a philosophical ancestor." I agree, it's probably not the best word to use since they were not directly related, but as the Assassins have always considered themselves as something of a family.

That makes sense, actually. Just wish they worded it a bit different since it comes off as if they are directly related at a glance.
---
PSN: So_Terrable
SSFC: 4727 0631 5853
#6bookewormPosted 11/24/2012 9:44:56 PM(edited)
"Ancestor" does not have to mean related. So the Revelations cover is correct. And yeah, I wish they would have worded it differently so it was a bit clearer, especially since the whole bloodline thing is such a huge question among fans.
---
"Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away."
#7deadpigs101Posted 11/24/2012 9:44:00 PM
They are not related. The Revelations cover is wrong.

but Desmond was related to both Ezio and Altair right?
---
GT: DonGiovanni023
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u58/DonGiovanni023/siggy-1.jpg
#8Unpure_EuphoriaPosted 11/24/2012 9:45:11 PM
This entire topic is already full of fail.
---
GT: iAmTheTot - No, really, I am. - http://tinyurl.com/bestgfaqstopic
http://lawlgaming.chatango.com/ - Live uncensored chat for gamers
#9bookewormPosted 11/24/2012 9:47:15 PM
Yes, Desmond is the first time both Altair's and Ezio's bloodlines meet in one person. It has not been clarified how though (as in we don't know whether Ezio is his mother or father's side).
---
#10TheLegendaryPiePosted 11/24/2012 9:49:09 PM
Desmond had 4 grand parents, one line from Altair, one from Ezio, one from Connor,
Altair, Ezio, or Connor are not related to each other, only Desmond is the connection, which is why William Miles can't be in the Animus.