Okay, I need your help getting full synch in the Boston Tea Party (Spoilers)

#1FlamazidePosted 11/26/2012 1:05:57 AM
I can't seem to get the game to acknowledge me throwing the redcoats into the water. You have to do this three times, but whenever I throw them in my counter doesn't change. I tried kicking thme in the water, killing thme and pikcing them up and throwing them in the water, throwing them in different spots in the water, but nothing happens. The game recognizes when I throw the crates in the water though which is odd. Is there a certain way I have to throw the british soldiers in there? Do only certain soldiers count?
---
kanye literally typed hamburger into his wolfenstein 3d of beatmaking.
BigBoss63
#2bristlealvaPosted 11/26/2012 1:07:22 AM
You have to counter and then press a while standing near a ledge with your back towards it
#3Flamazide(Topic Creator)Posted 11/26/2012 1:11:01 AM
bristlealva posted...
You have to counter and then press a while standing near a ledge with your back towards it

Thank you so much lol. This mission has pissed me off so much.
---
kanye literally typed hamburger into his wolfenstein 3d of beatmaking.
BigBoss63
#4bristlealvaPosted 11/26/2012 1:47:32 AM
Flamazide posted...
bristlealva posted...

Haha no problem. It took me a couple tries also
#5SnipeStarPosted 11/26/2012 1:59:31 AM
bristlealva posted...

oh god.. if that one pissed you off... just wait til you get to a few other missions, the optional sync objectives are a lot more heinous

the boston tea party one is fairly easy, i guess people dont realize first of all that when connor does a counter-throw, he always throws the enemy directly behind him...

2nd of all i got this the first time and im pretty sure the colonial guards (i call em bluecoats lol) guarding each side of the docks knocked in at least 2 of them without me even noticing/seeing it because when i looked it said i had knocked some in (i was on the boat the whole time trying to do a musket impale lol)
---
i7 920 D0 | P6T6 WS Revolution | 2xGTX285 2GB | 12GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1600 | 2x600GB Raptor/ 2x1TB RE3 WD | Corsair HX1000w | Silverstone RV01
#6JackApostrophePosted 11/26/2012 7:49:31 AM
SnipeStar posted...
bristlealva posted...

oh god.. if that one pissed you off... just wait til you get to a few other missions, the optional sync objectives are a lot more heinous

the boston tea party one is fairly easy, i guess people dont realize first of all that when connor does a counter-throw, he always throws the enemy directly behind him...

2nd of all i got this the first time and im pretty sure the colonial guards (i call em bluecoats lol) guarding each side of the docks knocked in at least 2 of them without me even noticing/seeing it because when i looked it said i had knocked some in (i was on the boat the whole time trying to do a musket impale lol)

I had to play it a couple of times to get all the optional objectives at once, and I swear one of those times I didn't throw a single Redcoat into the water.

I actually had more trouble with doing the musket air assassinations, because up until then I'd thought that you had to be high up to do one, not just slightly elevated. Plus it's super easy just to jump from the side of the boat onto the dock. My playthrough is full of examples like that where the only thing I needed to do to succeed was change my attitude.
#7nubseeeEPosted 11/29/2012 1:52:34 PM
The [INTERACT] key/button, that you usually use to pickup stuff, open doors and such, must be pressed first once, to block/defend, and then again along with the direction you want to throw people at.

All these combat-moves must be timed and performed consecutively, so no rapid button-tapping is necessary.

It's also described in detail in the MANUAL that can be found in the Animus Training Center. It's chapter 2.3.2 [FIGHT]