How difficult is 100% Full Synch?

#21OniLordAsmodeusPosted 11/26/2012 2:00:36 PM
JackApostrophe posted...
Bio NeoHazard posted...
They're not optional if you want to get 100% sync.

But getting 100% synch is optional. And since you can replay the missions, you can do them whatever way you want.

Yes, they are optional, but the question (the point of this thread) was, how hard is it to get 100%, not whether or not you can choose to get 100%.
#22JackApostrophePosted 11/26/2012 2:31:44 PM
OniLordAsmodeus posted...
JackApostrophe posted...
Bio NeoHazard posted...
They're not optional if you want to get 100% sync.

But getting 100% synch is optional. And since you can replay the missions, you can do them whatever way you want.

Yes, they are optional, but the question (the point of this thread) was, how hard is it to get 100%, not whether or not you can choose to get 100%.

And difficulty has very little to do with how you choose to approach the game. One could even make the argument that a lack of freedom makes games easier, since they're essentially showing you the correct path.

If you want to get 100% synch, then the game lets you do that. If you want to choose your own approach to each mission you can do that too.
#23SnipeStarPosted 11/26/2012 4:18:01 PM
In the former, the trick is to chase down Hickey and attack him from the front so that you get into a fight.

i can confirm you do not have to attack him from the front- just land an attack on him anywhere before reaches washington's guards
---
i7 920 D0 | P6T6 WS Revolution | 2xGTX285 2GB | 12GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1600 | 2x600GB Raptor/ 2x1TB RE3 WD | Corsair HX1000w | Silverstone RV01
#24JackApostrophePosted 11/26/2012 5:24:38 PM
SnipeStar posted...
In the former, the trick is to chase down Hickey and attack him from the front so that you get into a fight.

i can confirm you do not have to attack him from the front- just land an attack on him anywhere before reaches washington's guards

You can do that, yes, but if you attack him from behind you run a risk of accidentally doing an assassination, which ends the mission immediately. Attacking from the front is safer advice.
#25Qwesar23464Posted 11/27/2012 9:52:15 PM(edited)
I gotta say, the 100% Sync for the Hickey Assassination was STUPID. I know it's an optional thing, but really takes the badass out of the scene when you have to do a regular fight in SLOW MOTION to complete the objective and not just do the obvious thing of sticking a tomahawk through his head. I feel like more often than not the constraints run counter measure to a satisfying or practical way of ending the mission without having brotherhood/revelations trickier 100% syncs a feeling pretty awesome by doing them. Though i will say, some of the constraints are still kinda good.
---
In Crowbar We Trust.
Please, call me R. Wolf
#26SnipeStarPosted 11/27/2012 10:06:26 PM
SnipeStar posted...

You can do that, yes, but if you attack him from behind you run a risk of accidentally doing an assassination, which ends the mission immediately. Attacking from the front is safer advice.

i didnt say hit him from behind.. i just said it doesnt HAVE to be on his front
---
i7 920 D0 | P6T6 WS Revolution | 2xGTX285 2GB | 12GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1600 | 2x600GB Raptor/ 2x1TB RE3 WD | Corsair HX1000w | Silverstone RV01
#27Resultsmayvary0Posted 11/27/2012 10:52:00 PM
krammaii posted...
They aren't hard, more as they are completely annoying.

They turn a game series which has allowed you to tackle missions the way you wished, to rigid "play how the developer wants you to!" games.

They didnt "turn" anything into anything. You have a play how you want to game with optional objectives. If you don't like them then don't do them.
#28rockyoumonkeysPosted 11/27/2012 11:04:59 PM
JackApostrophe posted...
rockyoumonkeys posted...
I'm on Sequence 10, and while I've missed a handful of optional objectives, I feel like I could eventually get them if I keep at it. None of them seem impossible (I'm not very good at games either), but the ones I missed were more tedious than anything.

Basically, the ones I missed I feel depend more on luck than anything else. For instance, there's one optional objective where you have to kill two guys while chasing someone and still beat that guy to his goal. Couldn't do it. I could either kill two guys, or beat the enemy I'm chasing to his goal, but not both. And it feels like the reason for this is less challenge and more "the controls suck".

Do you mean the Hickey chase or the Captain Kidd mission?

In the former, the trick is to chase down Hickey and attack him from the front so that you get into a fight. Then the other enemies will join in and you just have to be careful of the order in which you kill them.

For the Captain Kidd mission, you do running assassinations of the regular enemies and then there's a point where you're above the target and if you mash X Connor will do an air assassination.

Funnily enough, while I'd meant the Hickey one, it's true of both. I only tried the Kidd one a couple times, but I wasn't even coming close; I kept missing one of the assassinations, and I wasn't even coming close to beating the guy to the cave. This was also before the patch, so maybe that's one of the ones they made a little easier.

The Hickey one I tried over and over, but I was getting pissed because I couldn't get a running assassination to work on any enemy. Not sure if I tried your way, I feel like I did but for whatever reason it didn't work. I'm gonna try both of these again tomorrow; they'll basically dictate whether I bother trying to get 100%. The Hickey one is the only story mission I have left to get Full on.
---
Formerly Known As: boingboingboing
Now Reading: The Ghost Brigades, J. Scalzi
#29lYMICrazylPosted 11/28/2012 3:56:42 AM
krammaii posted...

They turn a game series which has allowed you to tackle missions the way you wished, to rigid "play how the developer wants you to!" games.

Yup. I mean who cares how I tackle someone as long as I tackle them
---
*Straps on some lollerskates*
#30MusambaniPosted 11/28/2012 4:05:19 AM
krammaii posted...

No its not really that and people should stop parroting that ignorant babble. The full synchronization is just how the ancestor accomplished the mission. They serve as a guidance to those who want to live exactly how they did. The devs aren't forcing you to do anything.

Jesus tap-dancing christ.