How come everyone knows who Connor is (spoilers)

#11JackApostrophePosted 11/27/2012 8:07:25 AM
VirtuousKing posted...
VaultTecBoy1986 posted...
Haytham, obviously wanting to know more, continues to watch the boy and eventually notices Connor is wearing Ziio's necklace thingy - he concludes it his son but, for a while, refuses to believe it.

This would have been nice to acknowledge in the game, because I felt the same way about everyone knowing who Connor was. There was really no explanation as to why the Templar knew who he was.

The excuse that the Templar "know things" is a little overreaching in my opinion. Even if they did find out somehow, wouldn't Connor be a little surprised that they knew who he was?

Also, it seems as though the Templar know who Achilles is, but they do nothing to kill him. Why the hell is that?

Because they thought it was crueller to leave him to live out the rest of his life crippled and alone, I imagine. They broke him and made him promise not to start up the Assassins again.
#12VaultTecBoy1986Posted 11/27/2012 11:52:26 AM
VirtuousKing posted...
VaultTecBoy1986 posted...
Haytham, obviously wanting to know more, continues to watch the boy and eventually notices Connor is wearing Ziio's necklace thingy - he concludes it his son but, for a while, refuses to believe it.

This would have been nice to acknowledge in the game

Yes, I agree. The novel is a pretty good read and it would make for some interesting DLC to provide more backstory to Haytham.
---
"You only live twice: once when you are born and once when you look death in the face" - James Bond