Assassin or Templar?

#1EVE6 FANPosted 11/27/2012 11:39:31 AM
Which side would you be on? - Results (154 votes)
Assassins
70.78% (109 votes)
Templars
29.22% (45 votes)
This poll is now closed.
So yeah. If they were real and you could choose a side, which would it be?
---
PsN: Ultraviolence (L in violence is a cap i)
#2Unpure_EuphoriaPosted 11/27/2012 11:48:29 AM
If you honestly expect this poll to turn out anything other than overwhelming success for the Assassin side, then you're silly.
---
GT: iAmTheTot - No, really, I am. - http://tinyurl.com/bestgfaqstopic
http://lawlgaming.chatango.com/ - Live uncensored chat for gamers
#3BipBapBamPosted 11/27/2012 11:56:12 AM
Templar because Haytham
#4JackApostrophePosted 11/27/2012 11:57:43 AM
I want no part of their war whatsoever.
#5Dunmer999Posted 11/27/2012 11:59:05 AM
If the assassins need a singer for any reason, I'm there.
---
Love is what gives you true strength. Pokemon, Naruto, and Grand Theft Auto taught me that.
#6Dr_MojoPosted 11/27/2012 12:06:51 PM
Templar.

The Assassins are psychopaths who kill innocent people without remorse in the name of some vague notion of "freedom" without ever really explaining how they would run things differently than their supposed enemies. Seriously - can anyone here name any specific differences between the Assassin and Templar political philosophies besides vague platitudes like "order", "control", or "liberty"?

All those city guards you assassinate in the game? Those guys aren't knowing participants in any conspiracy - they're just regular Joes who took a job guarding a building so they could feed their families. They're essentially cops when you get down to it, and you murder them by the thousands in the game and at no point does any member of the brotherhood show any regret for it. Even the Assassin motto "nothing is true, everything is permitted" reads like a passage from a psychopath's diary. They're literally saying that ANYTHING they do is justified in the pursuit of their own goals.

The Assassins and Templars are little more than rival gangs fighting over territory when you take a step back and really look at the situation objectively. The only difference is that the Assassins leave a much bigger trail of bodies in their wake.
#7EVE6 FAN(Topic Creator)Posted 11/27/2012 12:10:01 PM
Unpure_Euphoria posted...
If you honestly expect this poll to turn out anything other than overwhelming success for the Assassin side, then you're silly.

Well of course, thats what i figured. But im sure there will be some for templars, and im kind of curious why.
---
PsN: Ultraviolence (L in violence is a cap i)
#8BloodySeraphimPosted 11/27/2012 12:20:56 PM
EVE6 FAN posted...
Unpure_Euphoria posted...

Well of course, thats what i figured. But im sure there will be some for templars, and im kind of curious why.

you want to know why?

this is why:

Dr_Mojo posted...
Templar.

The Assassins are psychopaths who kill innocent people without remorse in the name of some vague notion of "freedom" without ever really explaining how they would run things differently than their supposed enemies. Seriously - can anyone here name any specific differences between the Assassin and Templar political philosophies besides vague platitudes like "order", "control", or "liberty"?

All those city guards you assassinate in the game? Those guys aren't knowing participants in any conspiracy - they're just regular Joes who took a job guarding a building so they could feed their families. They're essentially cops when you get down to it, and you murder them by the thousands in the game and at no point does any member of the brotherhood show any regret for it. Even the Assassin motto "nothing is true, everything is permitted" reads like a passage from a psychopath's diary. They're literally saying that ANYTHING they do is justified in the pursuit of their own goals.

The Assassins and Templars are little more than rival gangs fighting over territory when you take a step back and really look at the situation objectively. The only difference is that the Assassins leave a much bigger trail of bodies in their wake.
#9Apex1619Posted 11/27/2012 12:25:34 PM
Dr_Mojo posted...
Templar.

Actually the Templars start wars and kill anybody who gets in their way. It is even stated that they do horrible things because they think that in the end it is justified. Assassins make it a point to only kill their targets and they try to stick to that. And lore wise they value stealth as their most used skill(though it is really hard to be stealthy in game) lore wise they kill as few people as possible. I'll give you the assassins don't state how they would run things better, but they never said they wanted to, they just don't want somebody controlling everything they do. To call them psychopaths is ridiculous when the Templars are far worse in that regard. Not saying they are psychopaths but the Templars are more willy nilly when it comes to killing people.
---
Oh sheesh y'all, twas a dream!
#10SlayerslugPosted 11/27/2012 12:33:58 PM
Templar because dat wealth and power
---
I think animal testing is a terrible idea; they get all nervous and give the wrong answers.