Connor would destroy Ezio and Altair in a fight.

#51Unpure_EuphoriaPosted 11/29/2012 10:34:14 PM
rx54 has long been on my list of people to not take seriously. I don't ignore people though, too many missed lulz.

The funniest thing about this topic is that the TC said, in the OP, that he was admitting to using the evolution of the gameplay as a guide. It was his opinion, just pointing out how much more badass you can be with Connor than any other assassin.

If rx54 really wants to stick with Altair, I'll stick with the rope dart hangs, double counters, gun counters, snare counters (have you guys tried that yet? Incredible), environmental counters... yeah, I'm okay with sticking this those.

Lol at this whole topic.
---
GT: iAmTheTot - No, really, I am. - http://tinyurl.com/bestgfaqstopic
http://lawlgaming.chatango.com/ - Live uncensored chat for gamers
#52rx54Posted 11/29/2012 10:39:12 PM
Unpure_Euphoria posted...
rx54 has long been on my list of people to not take seriously. I don't ignore people though, too many missed lulz.

The funniest thing about this topic is that the TC said, in the OP, that he was admitting to using the evolution of the gameplay as a guide. It was his opinion, just pointing out how much more badass you can be with Connor than any other assassin.

If rx54 really wants to stick with Altair, I'll stick with the rope dart hangs, double counters, gun counters, snare counters (have you guys tried that yet? Incredible), environmental counters... yeah, I'm okay with sticking this those.

Lol at this whole topic.

I'm honored to have made your list sir.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouyC28ffPjQ
Experts.
#53airsoft246Posted 11/30/2012 12:08:12 PM
The Altair fanboys are supporting him with his ability in leadership and revolutionizing the brotherhood, NOT in his combat skills. The US has had various people who fought in war and then became a substantial president, that doesn't mean that all of a sudden they are Rambo when it comes to killing people. Therefore, Altair is easily last or on par with ezio in this fight.

Secondly, the progression of war and fighting evolves over time, such as the phalanx being the most dominant form of warfare for the longest time and then being beaten out by the formations of roman legions. It doesn't mean phalanxes were ineffective, it means in time something better came along regardless of preconceived notions of the greatness of phalanxes. Therefore, while Altair and the assassins may have been skilled in his time, renaissance era ezio is far more prepared a fighter in the evolution combat has taken. And I've heard the "ezio says he's not as good as Altair" shpiel, but that's like mike Tyson looking up to joe Frazier as a serious idol even though he likely could beat him in a fight. Ezio is likely more prepared.

Lastly, Connor is in the most recent evolution of warfare and is faster, bigger, stronger, and far more brutal than the other two. He is in his 20s during the game and reviving the entire brotherhood himself in the midst of a war that he turns the tide of without technically even having a side he supports. Also to the armor arguments, ezio accomplished what he did with a ton of armor, and Connor did with none at all, which is saying something. Connor is young and clearly surpassing his previous masters with time, and quickly. I feel the older Connor will be the best master assassin of the 3.

And no, just because you want to chalk up his and ezios better fighting due to gameplay improvement doesn't change the fact that they representing how skilled they are at combat THROUGH that gameplay.
---
gamertag:airsoft246
Friend code: 2064 9270 5047
#54jenovaPosted 11/30/2012 12:27:33 PM
Old Man Altair is obviously the winner. I know it irritates you kids, but there it is.
---
Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh; fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding a simple ending without DLC...
#55LuminairePosted 12/4/2012 10:45:04 AM
This isn't a contest really. If you go by combat feats, Altair takes this easily. Altair's assassination of Robert de Sable is head and shoulders above anything either Ezio or Connor have done so far. Ezio's assassination of Cesare is the closest but the memory says he got hurt and that's with Armor, guns, bombs and all the extra goodies he has. Altair did went through two armies and fought a dozen Templars simultaneously to kill Robert and he had less tools than Ezio. Give me something comparable for Connor.

Simply put, Altair has shown that he's able to do more than Ezio when given less. Altair takes this.
---
XboxLIVE! GamerTag: MisterGuyMan (Geo War Score: 8.3 mill.)
Now Playing:Oblivion/GoW(X360), Vagrant Story (PS)
#56banjo kazooiePosted 12/4/2012 11:01:33 AM
I'd like to point out that, though I think not in AC2, but in later games with Ezio, he could kill two people with a counter (by holding down the button rather than just pressing it), regardless of whether both were trying to attack him or not. Connor seems to need both to be trying to attack him at the same time to accomplish the same. Ezio would merely pick the easier target, Connor, to counter, and take advantage of the counter to kill Altair. Though, this is me arguing based purely on game mechanics.
---
*(int *)nullptr = 0;
http://me.veekun.com/blog/2012/04/09/php-a-fractal-of-bad-design/
#57rx54Posted 12/4/2012 11:06:42 AM
Luminaire posted...
This isn't a contest really. If you go by combat feats, Altair takes this easily. Altair's assassination of Robert de Sable is head and shoulders above anything either Ezio or Connor have done so far. Ezio's assassination of Cesare is the closest but the memory says he got hurt and that's with Armor, guns, bombs and all the extra goodies he has. Altair did went through two armies and fought a dozen Templars simultaneously to kill Robert and he had less tools than Ezio. Give me something comparable for Connor.

Simply put, Altair has shown that he's able to do more than Ezio when given less. Altair takes this.

We have a winner.
---
Experts.
#58VirtuousKingPosted 12/4/2012 11:39:49 AM
youshallbeasgod posted...
Wrong. Altair hidden blade counter is unblokable and it's instakill (even on bosses)

Altair will remain motionless and the first fool who tries to attack him will fall flat on the ground.

Unless Connor and Ezio are using guns.

Altair can one-shot kill people with a throwing knife. He'd kill them before they finished aiming their respective weapons. I would say the knife damage lowering for Ezio was game progression, but Altair was still one-shotting fools in his Revelations sequences when he was an old man, too. This leads me to believe that Ezio did less damage because he was less accurate, but Altair always hit a fatal spot on the body.

And like someone else said, Altair canonically fought through two armies to kills Robert de Sable. Altair did every assassination without being damaged by anyone since if the player gets hit by someone your lose synchronization points not health, meaning anytime Altair got hurt, it was just Desmond remembering incorrectly.

With all that said, I am an Altair fanboy, so I am biased.
---
R.I.P. Junk Bludgeo'd For Hammer, But Always In Our Hearts. 176 Damage, Nevar Forget.
#59rx54Posted 12/4/2012 11:58:58 AM
VirtuousKing posted...
youshallbeasgod posted...
Wrong. Altair hidden blade counter is unblokable and it's instakill (even on bosses)

Altair will remain motionless and the first fool who tries to attack him will fall flat on the ground.

Unless Connor and Ezio are using guns.

Altair can one-shot kill people with a throwing knife. He'd kill them before they finished aiming their respective weapons. I would say the knife damage lowering for Ezio was game progression, but Altair was still one-shotting fools in his Revelations sequences when he was an old man, too. This leads me to believe that Ezio did less damage because he was less accurate, but Altair always hit a fatal spot on the body.

And like someone else said, Altair canonically fought through two armies to kills Robert de Sable. Altair did every assassination without being damaged by anyone since if the player gets hit by someone your lose synchronization points not health, meaning anytime Altair got hurt, it was just Desmond remembering incorrectly.

With all that said, I am an Altair fanboy, so I am biased.

That doesn't make your facts any less true :P
---
Experts.
#60cadillacactorPosted 12/4/2012 12:07:55 PM
In open combat: With Ezio's double hidden blades and Connor's double counters, I go with Ezio->Connor-> Altair.

In stealthy, kick-a** assassination combat: Altair, hands down. Altair->Connor->Ezio

Either way, I disagree with you, TC.
---
"sry for bad enlish.im from de usa" - wwwgippal
More topics from this board...
Nine men's morris problemNairel227/22 12:34PM