How do you guys feel about a female lead character for the next AC?

#71JManGTPosted 12/7/2012 3:36:27 PM
Assassin's creed 3 liberation already has a female lead.
And it does count its easily on par with 1
---
PSN: JManGT
GT: James Upton
#72MrTomothyPosted 12/7/2012 5:42:02 PM
I would be happy to see a female assassin, as long as she isn't a hyper sensitive feminist and the central conflict in the game isn't women's suffrage.
---
v >> << v >> <<
#73NarutoLordPosted 12/7/2012 5:49:19 PM(edited)
I don't see why it couldn't work.

EDIT: Let's not forget, Ezio's sister was brought into the Assassins. You could hire female assassins. So why not a lead?
---
i5 2500 ~ ASRock Pro3 Gen3 ~ 2 x 4GB G.Skill Ripjaws X ~ EVGA GTX 560ti 448Core Classified Ultra 1280MB ~ Corsair 750W ~ Cooler Master HAF 922
#74Bagheera32669Posted 12/7/2012 7:01:15 PM
"How do you guys feel about a female lead character for the next AC?"

As an older female gamer, "About damn time," is what I would say.
#75SuperManlyGokuPosted 12/8/2012 1:20:20 AM
If its true that no one cares if the main character of a video game is a woman or a man so long as its interesting, why do you people care if the main is a woman? I don't care, but clearly you people do. Admit that it's sexist. By the by, if this poll had been worded to say "who would you prefer playing as, a man or a woman," it would probably be split down the middle. So don't sit there and think everyone thinks like you.

Now just to annoy you, and show you a different point of view- I'm going to point out the obvious: men are better fighters. There is more believably around the power of a male protagonist than a female ones because throughout history most warriors were female. There were no female spartans warriors that I know of and most people consider them to be some of ( if not the )greatest warriors in history without the use of modern weapons.

Maybe it's sexism that causes woman not to play video games in part, but maybe it's also gender preferences. Have any of you ever taken martial arts? When you earn a trophy at a tournament, there is a golden male statue on it. Is that sexism? While, there are usually some females in the class and at tournaments, the majority are male.
There's nothing stopping more women from joining, so why aren't there more? Because they aren't as strong as the male fighters and don't want to get hurt during the sparring session. Is it sexism or is it common sense to have a symbol of a golden man on our trophies? Its possible we could get more female membership if we changed the symbol to a golden woman, but it doesn't change the fact that the males are better fighters, earn more trophies, and so it makes an equal amount of sense to make the trophy in a male's image.

So cut the crap, don't act like there is no reason society feels males should play the role of an assassin or fighter. Look, you people want to have a discussion about why females don't play video games, we can have one, but don't blame game like assassins creed for not breaking these kind of gender roles. They should never have created that vita game, it's never good enough for sexists like you who will not see reality.

In my opinion, there are less women because they haven't hired a talented female writers yet. Probably, because there were less wan interested in the video game industry initially. Every game imagined by a man for a woman pretty much sucks, though I liked draken, dream fall, still life, syberia, and and a few of the tomb raiders- but it's few and far between. I also don't know how many of those were written by men, but i believe that if you want to capture a woman's point of view accurately and interestingly, you have to be a woman to see it.

For the record, I created this account name when I was a kid, so I don't know why you people keep attacking it. I can't do anything about it, so do what you want, I don't give a ****. I didn't invent the series.
---
Signature (there's always one guy)
#76wombat013Posted 12/8/2012 1:38:31 AM
This is probably the only series where I wouldnt care if I was forced to be a female lead char..
---
He who needs a pat on the back makes every man his judge
#77Marley237Posted 12/8/2012 6:13:16 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#78zenandiPosted 12/8/2012 8:08:22 AM
SuperManlyGoku posted...
If its true that no one cares if the main character of a video game is a woman or a man so long as its interesting, why do you people care if the main is a woman?

You see, Mr Politician is twisting it all around again.

Poll asks 'How do you feel about a girl being the lead."

We say, "Sure! Cool!"

He says, "You guys are sexists for WANTING GIRLS TO BE THE LEAD."

Nothing of the sort.

I repeat: We merely said, "Sure! Cool!"

Now just to annoy you, and show you a different point of view- I'm going to point out the obvious: men are better fighters. There is more believably around the power of a male protagonist than a female ones because throughout history most warriors were female. There were no female spartans warriors that I know of and most people consider them to be some of ( if not the )greatest warriors in history without the use of modern weapons.

And ironically, all his reasons are sexist.

Men are superior fighters, so women should stay the hell out of MMA. Males are where its at, so the WWE should ditch the DIVA roster.

His argument literally runs along the line of, "There has never been a female president etc... so they should never get a chance."

And who cares about absolute realism? In the world of legends, tales and myths... do you think strong female figures do not exist? They do:

- from France: Joan of Arc
- from China: Hua Mulan
- from Mythology: The Amazon warriors

So don't tell me strong women don't exist, or at least -- and here's the important part -- has ALWAYS been a strong male fantasy.

(Because, as I see it, all these female role model thing is a load of c***. Guys enjoy seeing a chick in that front-and-central role as much, if not more, than a dude. All this 'relate' thing be damned. )

but i believe that if you want to capture a woman's point of view accurately and interestingly, you have to be a woman to see it.

Exactly my point.

Could you people ditch this 'relate' thing please? I for one am not interested because Mr Politician is exactly right.

You see, I'm hardly sexist on the side of the girls... if you catch my drift. My preference for a female lead have very male motivations.
#79SuperManlyGokuPosted 12/13/2012 1:40:45 PM
zenandi posted...
SuperManlyGoku posted...
If its true that no one cares if the main character of a video game is a woman or a man so long as its interesting, why do you people care if the main is a woman?

You see, Mr Politician is twisting it all around again.

Poll asks 'How do you feel about a girl being the lead."

We say, "Sure! Cool!"

He says, "You guys are sexists for WANTING GIRLS TO BE THE LEAD."

Nothing of the sort.

I repeat: We merely said, "Sure! Cool!"

I don't care what you said. You took a side and created a topic. Did you not want people to post opinions on it differing from your own? Look, you're a sexist, otherwise, you would\n't care what gender the lead is- it's simple as that. All that mean is that you side with one side more than the other, I don't explain it, I just call it as I see it.

And ironically, all his reasons are sexist.

Men are superior fighters, so women should stay the hell out of MMA. Males are where its at, so the WWE should ditch the DIVA roster.

His argument literally runs along the line of, "There has never been a female president etc... so they should never get a chance."

And who cares about absolute realism? In the world of legends, tales and myths... do you think strong female figures do not exist? They do:

- from France: Joan of Arc
- from China: Hua Mulan
- from Mythology: The Amazon warriors

So don't tell me strong women don't exist, or at least -- and here's the important part -- has ALWAYS been a strong male fantasy.

(Because, as I see it, all these female role model thing is a load of c***. Guys enjoy seeing a chick in that front-and-central role as much, if not more, than a dude. All this 'relate' thing be damned. )

As with all people who like to argue, you seem to be missing the point entirely. there are in fact fewer woman who have been strong fighters, name 100 more that people know of if I'm wrong. If you were offended by the comment, your methodology is not grounded in reality, because it is a fact. I'm pointing out the obvious, and said so earlier. Again, no one said there had been NO female leads in fiction.

Seeing as you mentioned it, the male repression of woman, that is attributable for " a woman not becoming the president," is not attributable to woman not becoming warriors. There were less female warriors because there are simply less woman who like to fight, not because men didn't let them. Stop watching disney's mulan for your social opinions.

but i believe that if you want to capture a woman's point of view accurately and interestingly, you have to be a woman to see it.

Exactly my point.

Could you people ditch this 'relate' thing please? I for one am not interested because Mr Politician is exactly right.

You see, I'm hardly sexist on the side of the girls... if you catch my drift. My preference for a female lead have very male motivations.

You are a pervert.
---
Signature (there's always one guy)
More topics from this board...
Nine men's morris problemNairel227/22 12:34PM