If you could go back in time and assassinate anyone you wanted to, who would you

#11Bloodlines1191Posted 12/4/2012 8:26:05 AM
People who defile AC3. Seriously, is it THAT bad?

Oh and Connor haters.
---
Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted - Assassin's Creed
I shall forever hate the name......Crimson Viper
#12Omega_Gilgamesh(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2012 5:41:32 PM
HakeemTheDream posted...
And how exactly would it prevent the Holocaust or the middle ages?

Zoroaster, as far as I can tell, is the first prophet to tell of a universal good and evil, and the battle against such stuff. Thus, people believed in evil being inherent, dismissing the shades of gray and not thinking to ask "why" when the answer of "because they're evil" was so convenient. Pre-WW2 Germany had problems, and it was easy to blame the Jews because they were the rich ones at the time. Had people tried to find the REAL root of the problem rather than blame the Jews, as well as believe that this would be another trial in the universal battle of good vs. evil, then Hitler, at the very least, wouldn't have had such a huge base of support, and it would, again at least, have made it harder for him to bully the non-anti-semetics into contributing to the genocide.

Likewise, with the Spanish Inquisition, for example, they wouldn't have been as able to use the whole good vs. evil schtick to justify kidnapping and torturing people without oversight, thus they would have been harder for them to abuse their freedom in order to gain power.
---
"In this business, either you learn and grow or you die." Ron Kaufmann, and that's why the republicans lost, this is a country, not a business.
#13chaoscontrol325Posted 12/4/2012 6:19:22 PM
Omega_Gilgamesh posted...
HakeemTheDream posted...
And how exactly would it prevent the Holocaust or the middle ages?

Zoroaster, as far as I can tell, is the first prophet to tell of a universal good and evil, and the battle against such stuff. Thus, people believed in evil being inherent, dismissing the shades of gray and not thinking to ask "why" when the answer of "because they're evil" was so convenient. Pre-WW2 Germany had problems, and it was easy to blame the Jews because they were the rich ones at the time. Had people tried to find the REAL root of the problem rather than blame the Jews, as well as believe that this would be another trial in the universal battle of good vs. evil, then Hitler, at the very least, wouldn't have had such a huge base of support, and it would, again at least, have made it harder for him to bully the non-anti-semetics into contributing to the genocide.

Likewise, with the Spanish Inquisition, for example, they wouldn't have been as able to use the whole good vs. evil schtick to justify kidnapping and torturing people without oversight, thus they would have been harder for them to abuse their freedom in order to gain power.

You say the first prophet, but by no means is he the only one. Even if you'd time assassinate Zoroaster, another mad prophet would take his place and ultimately, you will have accomplished nothing except taking a life that didn't need to be taken.
---
PSN: Lazuri65 XBL:LazuriXIII
If you don't write you're from GameFAQs and what board in the friend request, you will be denied.
#14johnnycigarPosted 12/4/2012 6:22:33 PM
... whoever invented soccer. End of discussion. What an abortion of a game that is.
#15HakeemTheDreamPosted 12/4/2012 6:29:09 PM
1) Judaism predates Zoroastrianism
2) That's not an accurate description of interwar Germany... by and large the German people were mad because they legitimately felt that they could've won WWI and felt that their government (particularly Jewish members) stabbed them in the back. And so, when Hitler comes along promising work and pointing the finger at the 'true' culprits of German misery... well, the rest is history.
3) Spanish Inquisition was a result of Christianity, which came from Judaism
---
WyvernLord17
http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs/558836_o.gif
#16HakeemTheDreamPosted 12/4/2012 6:29:47 PM
johnnycigar posted...
... whoever invented soccer. End of discussion. What an abortion of a game that is.

epic typo
---
WyvernLord17
#17thisawesomedudePosted 12/4/2012 6:51:42 PM
John Wilkes Booth. Right before he pulls the trigger on Abe. TOASTY!
---
Wolfman Jack says this is a signature baby!
#18mrusty3Posted 12/4/2012 7:10:03 PM
I would assassinate myself. O_O
---
Requiescat in pace
#19johnnycigarPosted 12/4/2012 7:38:10 PM
HakeemTheDream posted...
johnnycigar posted...

epic typo

Sorry Hakeem, it's not a typo. Soccer is literally as useless as an aborted fetus. Not sure what you thought I was trying to spell...
#20HakeemTheDreamPosted 12/4/2012 7:40:07 PM
johnnycigar posted...
HakeemTheDream posted...
johnnycigar posted...

epic typo

Sorry Hakeem, it's not a typo. Soccer is literally as useless as an aborted fetus. Not sure what you thought I was trying to spell...

0_o

abomination
---
WyvernLord17