so, as for the ending... whatever happened to... (spoilers)

#31ltmathis09Posted 12/7/2012 12:11:16 PM
Sry about the grammar errors, I'm still on my phone
---
Xboxlive 360 Yung R3zzy SON, message me for a game. COD4, Turok, GH3, H3.
#32TwistedxL3G3NDPosted 12/7/2012 2:00:04 PM
Yeah I know it was her plan and all, but story wise it was just disappointing.
---
GT: Twisted xL3G3ND
#33thisawesomedudePosted 12/7/2012 2:37:45 PM
So here's what we know so far.

Desmonds body is dead for sure

Juno is free and will more than likely be the main antagonist in the upcoming game/games

Erudito will be playing a more significant part

Chance to relive memories from the F.C. era

Possibility of seeing an "Alliance" between the Assassins and Templars.

I know there is a lot of talk of Connor going to France but I think this might be his only game like Altair. We will still hear about Connor though.
---
Wolfman Jack says this is a signature baby!
#34ltmathis09Posted 12/7/2012 5:00:15 PM
He's dead OR he's what happened to Juno's husband.

Remember how they tried to store him in a machine? Well what if tge sphere did that to Desmond? I've seen this theory floating around too.
---
Xboxlive 360 Yung R3zzy SON, message me for a game. COD4, Turok, GH3, H3.
#35thisawesomedudePosted 12/7/2012 6:39:38 PM
ltmathis09 posted...
He's dead OR he's what happened to Juno's husband.

Remember how they tried to store him in a machine? Well what if tge sphere did that to Desmond? I've seen this theory floating around too.

That's why I said his "body". We know he is still with us in some capacity.
---
Wolfman Jack says this is a signature baby!
#36bobbyrkPosted 12/7/2012 7:09:07 PM
thisawesomedude posted...
We know he is still with us in some capacity.

Just his ancestral memory banks. Desmond, as an entity both physical and digital, is gone.
---
Behold the angry wizard putt-putt-putting away.
#37CentrophyPosted 12/7/2012 9:31:32 PM
ltmathis09 posted...
There is no "space magic" because everything except First Civilization technology is explained, it just takes some reading and understanding, and a little detective work to uncover the hidden mysteries of Assassins Creed, which is why I absolutly adore this franchise. There are plenty of videos on Youtube and articles on the internet that are the views and interpretations I presented; my statement is merely a collection of them.

Also, how can you hate the ending when you can pretty much guarantee they are making more games?...Seriously guys? Give them a chance to tell THEIR story. We cannot be so hasty and demanding of something so carefully designed. There WILL be future DLC that will more than likely give more explanation to this, and more than likely to create more games with a new Assassin. Your "Eve" character if you will (as stated above, Desmond could be represented as Adam.) Give them a chance and time...Go read the novels, research, be patient.

I apologize for any spelling/grammar errors as I am on my phone typing this and I just completed the game. This was the first article I read about the ending and it astounded me at the amount of hate the ending got.

Congratulations on bringing an end to the solar threat. Desmond has become a legend, and from here you can continue to build that legend.

It has been a long journey - for Desmond and for the team here at Ubisoft - and like Desmond, we couldn't have done it alone. The Assassin's Creed trilogy began as the vision of a small team, but over the years it has grown. That growth has been fuelled and shaped by the feedback and support of our player community. Thank you for joining us on this journey, and we look forward to sharing further adventures with you in the Assassin's Creed universe.

[I was hoping to find the original ending screen for that game but couldn't find it, I guess that image has been Google bombed to hell or my Google-fu is weak.]
#38OnsakamaruPosted 12/7/2012 10:50:24 PM
Just thinking about all the stuff mentioned in this topic and in-game. What if like someone suggested here, Desmond's body is gone, but his memories are stored within something. And in AC3 they mentioned Abstergo testing the ability to send other people into other's ancestral memories, like they tried to do to Desmond's father. Thinkin' the next protag might work with Abstergo(the whole alliance thing mentioned here) and they'll use Desmond's memories to go back to the F.C., seems likely in all honesty.
---
Vicariously I, live while the whole world dies
Much better you than I.
#39TheUndeadCrowPosted 12/8/2012 3:56:51 AM
What I don't understand is how Juno could be that big of threat to mankind. She's just one of her kind and I didn't think they themselves were really that powerful, just the pieces of Eden were. I guess Desmond still has the apple on his body but humankind defeated first civilization before when there was far more than just one of them, did they not?