Anybody else ignore all the side crap and just dove into the main missions?

#1Benjamin_ButtonPosted 12/6/2012 6:04:26 AM(edited)
Ive been playing for about 5 hours now. Kinda been taking it slow. So damn eager for the main story to progress, yet i want to be able to experience every little thing this game has to offer.

Fast forward a few more hours.

Hunting is bleh. Fast traveling is great having ran everywhere in the previous games. Naval fights are nice. Everything else, i dont care. Ive only sent like 2 convoys including the one mandatory tutorial one. I dont care about exploring, finding chests, or none of that crap anymore ... Most of the challenges are just tedious crap thats sole purpose is to achieve a higher sync rate.....maybe just due to 100%-ing all the previous games it just doesnt feel 'fun' anymore.

Im playing strictly story missions and I'm enjoying the game alot more. Anybody else doing/did the same?
---
http://i.imgur.com/KNzJR.gif
#2DarkOctaviusPosted 12/6/2012 6:19:06 AM
I am the opposite. I love exploring the frontier and hunting wild game. There are some neat places to see if you take the time to explore.
---
Geaux Tigers
3DS FC: 0473-7809-6811
#3NicodaemosPosted 12/6/2012 6:30:29 AM
Well, I did open a good amount of chests, and also did all the homestead missions along with the naval ones. But stuff like almanac pages, feathers, encyclopedia of the common man, challenges etc. were all put on ignore status immediately. Aside from Kidd's outfit, you don't get any cool rewards or bonuses for doing any of this stuff, so I don't see any reason to slog through all this garbage for 100% sync unless you're some kind of masochist.
---
Until you spread your wings, you'll never know how far you can walk.
GT-- The Baconer
#4FredCat07Posted 12/6/2012 6:35:41 AM
I have done the Main Missions and ignored the Side Missions. Managed to complete this game within 13 hours (two nights).
---
I used to be hearing person like you, until I took the fever in my ears. ~FredCat
#5RubedoXTPosted 12/6/2012 8:39:53 AM
I feel you on that. Some of the optional objectives once you're Connor are kind of tedious to do and for what? To wear the suit of his predecessor? I try my best to do them, but if I keep failing miserably, it detracts from the immersion I'm engaged in with the story I'm trying to progress.

I remember AC1's viewpoints being more rewarding to sync with and much easier. I dunno, too wrapped up in MP now to really spend my time TAKING my time in single player now. THanks alot Ubisoft!
---
We can waste time arguing, or we can get things done!
#6Denizen_Of_DarkPosted 12/6/2012 1:24:39 PM
I already played this game 4 times, so yea i just ran thru the story. Dont care about cheats or sidequests, beat the game with stock everything(except for a sword i picked up off a dead guard that i kept for the rest of the game). The ending seemed kinda rushed and unimportant to the writers. "oh yea, if we believe hard enough we can do anything! Make us safe! Aurora borealis! Yeaaaaaa world is saved!"

Even multiplayer is boring cuz i dont want to hav to play up until level blah blah for blender wen i feel like i just did it twice 5 minutes ago. But i cant complain, thanks to a little foresight i didnt preorder or even buy this game, i rented it. Thank God i didnt waste my money again, as i feel i did 3 weeks after picking up my pre ordered revelations(i liked revelations a lot better than 3, however, i wish i would hav bought it on black friday or somethin instead of the preorder. Not worth it in hindsight).

I just wish i was wrong about it and they didnt milk the franchise with no end in sight and made each installment worthwhile. I mite not even play future installments. And if i do it wont be because i paid full price for them
---
Warfriends: You must be lonely, unless you are a female; which in that case u are merely a figment of my imagination
check quote for XBL GT
#7Grand_BluePosted 12/6/2012 2:20:34 PM
I only do the main missions. I don't even know what the heck all the side stuff does anyways. I saved a guy named Lance who was supposed to build barrels for me, but he doesn't even do anything. This game is so confusing, unlike the AC2 trilogy which was all the same, but this game made it confusing.
#8cubegod69erPosted 12/6/2012 2:27:29 PM
Ive done everything, main and side missions. You don't get an AC game to do only the main missions.
#9rx7187Posted 12/6/2012 9:08:26 PM
Same here TC, I can't be bothered with all that crap now.
#10metalsamuraiPosted 12/6/2012 9:10:35 PM
The side missions were the best part of the game if you ask me.
---
"We should be taught not to wait for inspiration to start a thing. Action always generates inspiration. Inspiration seldom generates action."