Anybody else ignore all the side crap and just dove into the main missions?

#11TheWhoFanPosted 12/7/2012 1:54:00 AM
The naval missions to find Captain Kidd's treasure are among the best this game has to offer.
---
"On a technical level, PC obviously. But because PC and Xbox have no games, PS3 wins." - ScreamingMidget
They don't even try anymore.
#12Reiver_NeriahzPosted 12/7/2012 8:54:54 AM
Nicodaemos posted...
Well, I did open a good amount of chests, and also did all the homestead missions along with the naval ones. But stuff like almanac pages, feathers, encyclopedia of the common man, challenges etc. were all put on ignore status immediately. Aside from Kidd's outfit, you don't get any cool rewards or bonuses for doing any of this stuff, so I don't see any reason to slog through all this garbage for 100% sync unless you're some kind of masochist.

Ummm, for the achievement? It's not THAT hard anyway.
---
GT: Reiver Neriah
Maliwan <3
#13lnknprk_45Posted 12/7/2012 9:00:44 AM
I pretty much just did story missions. The occasional side mission that was right in my path, but not really many. I blame the story for my lack of side mission completion. I GOTTA GET LEE! Alright then Connor, let's go get Lee. Ain't no time for side missions.
#14mindandsoulPosted 12/7/2012 10:11:56 AM
I played the story then decided to get as much of the rest done as possible before it gets boring, and ive been loving it. Got seriously addicted to ticking objectives off the society lists and collecting all the bits and bobs, probably more addicted to it now than i was during the story! The one thing im not sure i have patience for is 100% completion of story objectives, i hope to get all other achievements though.
#15cubegod69erPosted 12/7/2012 1:44:42 PM
I always do all side quests and collectathons in the AC games. Don't care about 100% sync.
#16drointhewindPosted 12/7/2012 3:24:47 PM
metalsamurai posted...
The side missions were the best part of the game if you ask me.

Agreed. Took me 50 hours to be satisfied with the game and I still dont have 100%
---
On DLC: ""You know what would make this better? Paying more money."- Cracked.com
#17ZarchoniaPosted 12/7/2012 4:00:22 PM
Benjamin_Button posted...
Ive been playing for about 5 hours now. Kinda been taking it slow. So damn eager for the main story to progress, yet i want to be able to experience every little thing this game has to offer.

Fast forward a few more hours.

Hunting is bleh. Fast traveling is great having ran everywhere in the previous games. Naval fights are nice. Everything else, i dont care. Ive only sent like 2 convoys including the one mandatory tutorial one. I dont care about exploring, finding chests, or none of that crap anymore ... Most of the challenges are just tedious crap thats sole purpose is to achieve a higher sync rate.....maybe just due to 100%-ing all the previous games it just doesnt feel 'fun' anymore.

Im playing strictly story missions and I'm enjoying the game alot more. Anybody else doing/did the same?

If you play straight story unfortunately the game is really unsatisfying and insanely short. Most of the content of this game is Side missions.

You can also easily beat the game in one sitting.
---
"How do you prove we exist? Maybe we don't exist." -Vivi
#18Bagheera32669Posted 12/7/2012 7:06:05 PM
The "side crap" are some of the most interesting things in the game. I love the Frontiersman missions. I don't hunt, but having a blast doing everything else. Makes the game last longer and lots of fun.
More topics from this board...
Nine men's morris problemNairel227/22 12:34PM