Which persuer gets priority in Assassinate?

#1phoneixfencerPosted 12/7/2012 7:34:01 PM
I'm having trouble figuring this out and it's leading to me getting killed. I know in deathmatch when you confront your pursuer to try and stun them the kill takes priority so it's always a direct confrontation you always lose. But in Assassinate you can lock onto the same person who's locked onto you so you're each others pursuer and target, but it seems like I wind up getting honorable deaths despite the fact I'm locked on and just threw a knife at him and hit the button from the farthest range possible. Is this lag getting me killed or is there some game mechanic I'm not aware of that gives them priority over me?
---
In CoD you call in killstreaks to get kills for you. In Battlefield you watch your teammate kill you, steal the chopper and crash into the jet as he takes off!
#2Xiahou MaoPosted 12/7/2012 7:41:48 PM
Whoever locks on first becomes the pursuer, while the person who locks on second is the target. Due to lag you might think you got the lock in first but really didn't, so be wary. If your screen turns red, it means that you're the target.

Of course, if you're a target but can still hit the pursuer with knives, you can get the free stun by hitting him from max range then lock on him while he's stunned for a big focus and/or poison kill.
---
Xiahou Mao, True Hero of the Three Kingdoms!
#3HakeemTheDreamPosted 12/7/2012 7:42:37 PM
phoneixfencer posted...
you're each others pursuer and target

No. If I lock you first, I am your pursuer. If you lock me after while I have you as my target, you 'expose' me, reducing my approach meter to Reckless. If you stun me, THEN you can take me as your target.
---
WyvernLord17
http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs/558836_o.gif
#4phoneixfencer(Topic Creator)Posted 12/7/2012 8:03:43 PM
HakeemTheDream posted...
phoneixfencer posted...

No. If I lock you first, I am your pursuer. If you lock me after while I have you as my target, you 'expose' me, reducing my approach meter to Reckless. If you stun me, THEN you can take me as your target.

I think I was confusing lock on with acquire. Once you hit LT and get the person's picture in the box at the top right, that person becomes your target don't they? And then you're their pursuer? I thought the lock on was just to make it easier to get the kill without hitting a civilian.
---
In CoD you call in killstreaks to get kills for you. In Battlefield you watch your teammate kill you, steal the chopper and crash into the jet as he takes off!
#5HakeemTheDreamPosted 12/7/2012 8:34:12 PM
phoneixfencer posted...
HakeemTheDream posted...
phoneixfencer posted...

I think I was confusing lock on with acquire. Once you hit LT and get the person's picture in the box at the top right, that person becomes your target don't they? And then you're their pursuer? I thought the lock on was just to make it easier to get the kill without hitting a civilian.

Right, but you can't be pursuing each other
---
WyvernLord17
http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs/558836_o.gif
#6phoneixfencer(Topic Creator)Posted 12/7/2012 9:49:58 PM
Okay. So even though I have him acquired, he's running away and knifed and I'm attacking from behind he still gets the kill?

What ever happened to instruction manuals in games? They'd explain this stuff. Barely even get a folded piece of paper now with eyesight warnings.
---
#7Xiahou MaoPosted 12/7/2012 10:17:12 PM
You don't have him acquired, if he gets the kill. He acquired you.

The game does come with an instruction manual, by the way. Scroll all the way over to the News section in the multiplayer menu, you'll find it there.
---
Xiahou Mao, True Hero of the Three Kingdoms!